Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [chainpin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Attention bike industry......all tri-bikes get WET damn it!!!!!

All tri-bikes should have stainless fittings.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [Scottxs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As many of the female threads on bikes are aluminum, this is actually not a great idea due to galvanic corrosion. Your better bet is to apply a dab of grease to threads in highly susceptible areas, and do a good job of cleaning/ drying off your bike frequently. And for the love of god, after your trainer session do not hang your sweat soaked towel over your handlebars to dry.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its been over a month since I had clear air to breath due to bushfire smoke. Its often even smokey indoors. I'm not even sure if training is making me less healthy. I hate training indoors. Went out for a ride this morning because it looked clear - PM2.5 count still 150 - unhealthy. I can't even complain because so many others here have it so much worse. Waahhhhhhhhhh.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm down to my last package of toilet paper
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They closed the bar!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [Scottxs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure this working from home thing is going to work, my wife is giving me a harder time about getting my lunch workout in than my boss does.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [TJ56] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TJ56 wrote:
I'm down to my last package of toilet paper

Go to 7-Eleven, buy a Slurpee, and take a couple handfuls of napkins. That should get you through the next couple days

Repeat as necessary

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [TJ56] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
my wife is giving me a harder time about getting my lunch workout in than my boss does.

As in "Get out of the house, you're making me nuts!!!" vs. "Where do you think you're going?"

Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely the latter lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How much time I spend working out and tinkering with my bike is now more visible than ever.

It is not working in my favor.

Whaaaaaaa
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Not sure this working from home thing is going to work, my wife is giving me a harder time about getting my lunch workout in than my boss does.

Maybe you could "workout" together?? :)
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
johnnybefit wrote:
Sean H wrote:

Not sure what Sean's kid situation is, but in my case - with D'Kid home from Rutgers and her library closed/no work - she's gonna be here all the time, so Mommy/Daddy Alone Time is gonna take some creativity

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
johnnybefit wrote:
Sean H wrote:

Not sure what Sean's kid situation is, but in my case - with D'Kid home from Rutgers and her library closed/no work - she's gonna be here all the time, so Mommy/Daddy Alone Time is gonna take some creativity

Agree - my 10yr old is home but maybe Daddy& Mommy can "go ride bikes" in the pain cave while he is on Prodigy.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The weather is finally getting good but I am stuck inside trying to squeeze turbo sessions between work and taking care of my daughter whose daycare is closed. To make matters worse I can't even take my daughter to the park so she is running feral in the house.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had to cancel my yearly training camp in the Georgia Mountains today :(
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mayor just shut down the lakeshore path in Chicago. With no access to a treadmill, all of my runs now require coming to a halt Every. Single. Block. while dodging cars
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [ADabs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ADabs wrote:
Mayor just shut down the Lakeshore path in Chicago. With no access to a treadmill, all of my runs now require coming to a halt Every. Single. Block. while dodging cars

Just call it "interval training"

I was surprised how "slow" I got after moving from Center City Philadelphia to South Jersey, where I didn't get to run hard for a few blocks, then take a 15-20 second rest

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was going to go for my ride outside this morning...but it was already 90F in Phoenix.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was going to do a long ride outside today, but cut it short because it was 7C, cold and raining intermittently. That and the fact that I do not have anything to train for and am too old to make myself uncomfortable, and I am studying for the Bar.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [triordie1994] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My indoor setup is more expensive and 'fancy' than it's ever been, but with all the ANT+ / software dropouts, I'm more frustrated than ever.

JustinDoesTriathlon

Owner, FuelRodz Endurance.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [justinhorne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The weather is so awesome for riding and running but now I have another job and don't have the time or the energy. Waaaahhhh
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [Furiosa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got the TT bike "just so" finally with a few things.

Where do I live? A part of town that no matter where you ride you're doing about 70 feet per mile elevation. And the best part? Every flat or downhill piece of that ride is into a stop sign or super sharp corner. Zero chance to just sit in the skis for longer than like 2 minutes.

And work lately has been so that I can't do the long lunch hour ride where it's flatter "speedy" part of town.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can feel my mask pulling my ears forward and I'm just afraid that they won't go back after COVID and all I can think about is how un-aero that is and the watts I'm losing.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [Gtjojo189] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This one is the epitome of first world problems:

I signed up for Muncie 70.3 in late May after it looked like it was one of the only races that was gunna go this year.

I was out for a race sim workout two weeks before the race. I didn't adjust my derailleur correctly and it cost sucked into the spokes of my 2013 speed concept, thereby destroying the chainstay/seatstay.

I panic-bought a $6,500 speed concept from the Pro's Closet (it's my dream bike... Dura-Ace Di2, DT Swiss wheelset, almost completely blacked out). I got the bike two days later only to find out that a person who was probably 6" shorter than me rode it previously. The stem, mono extensions, seatpost, etc. were WAY too short for me (it was a medium, the same size I replaced, but I'm 6' with a long torso, so I was off the front of the other frame). I again panicked, booked a fit for $400, bought a hardshell travel case for $500 (scicon evolution) because I wasn't going to put this thing in my ruster henhouse, bought a new power2max powermeter, and rush ordered mono extension plugs, seatpost, etc. to make the medium fit my body size. All in all, this bike cost me $9,000 after all was said and done.

Muncie 70.3 was cancelled.

Someone buy my old powermeters I have for sale. :(

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply

Prev Next