Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: No Alcohol January 2020 [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr_Cupcake wrote:
I donā€™t know how people stay up on Untappd. It just sounds exhausting never kind the drinking part of it all.

It's a giant peen measuring contest. Pretty much exactly like Strava but catered towards an extremely unhealthy hobby. Critique social media all you want but at least users on Strava are getting fit.
Quote Reply
Re: No Alcohol January 2020 [doug in co] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doug in co wrote:
I do 40 days of alcohol-free living each year,

So you're Catholic, too?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: No Alcohol January 2020 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fuck I'm already getting tired of this. Just want a beer, just one/two/three beers. . .

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply
Re: No Alcohol January 2020 [AlyraD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlyraD wrote:
fuck I'm already getting tired of this. Just want a beer, just one/two/three beers. . .

Itā€™s gets WAY easier after day three. The residual effects of your last drink will finally be out of your system. Stay strong!

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ugh :-/

I fought the urge to by a 6 pack. Even though my favorite brewery is literally behind me! (:

Quote Reply
Re: No Alcohol January 2020 [cassinonorth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you tried Brooklyn brews special effects?

I just picked that up along with heineken 0.0. I just tried the heineken and it actually tastes decent (better than actual heineken which i hate because it's so skunky).

I'm not going totally dry just no alcohol on weekdays, unless it's a work function and limited that to 1 drink. I'm a bit of a craft beer nerd and been chasing too many beers. My beer cellar is a bit out of hand. It's not good for the wallet, weight gain and recovery. My plan is to make this long term, at least one year, and permanent if possible.

I'm on day #5 and finally feeling like it's very doable and might even continue through weekend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AlyraD wrote:
Stay strong
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. Year 3 for me. This year has been super easy so far, as I have a cold and don't at all feel like drinking. :P
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First Friday done.
Tomorrow will be more challenging as I go for a nice Italian dinner with some old friends. Red wine will be tough to pass.

Keep pushing everyone. I will.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
since its just a dry month, this doesn't include green right?? :))

Quote Reply
Re: No Alcohol January 2020 [cassinonorth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm going to try and find this. Lagunitas Maximus is one of my favorite IPAs and its not a problem finding it in WI. I have a feeling an NA from them might be a little more difficult.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Day three is in the books! Just shy of 10% done.

Today was a good test, we went to our local microbrewery and the owner already had a (non-alcoholic) cider waiting for me when we got up to the bar to order. It makes me happy when people can be so encouraging.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
10 percent sounds much less in the starting blocks than day 3, thanks for that onešŸ˜

My wife made a great tomato olive and caper pasta and she had a nice red with it. I skipped the wine and had soda water with lemon.
It felt quite easy cos I am looking forward to the results - I decided to cut sugar too.

Just need to see what is in soda water... Probably too much salt... Might need to make that lemon water or home made ice tea with english tea
Last edited by: lacticturkey: Jan 4, 20 3:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First Friday night in a long time without having a few, and it certainly made getting up and hopping on Zwift at 5 am more enjoyable!

Looking forward to the rest of the month and hopefully seeing a positive trend in health and lifestyle
Quote Reply
Re: No Alcohol January 2020 [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lacticturkey wrote:
Just need to see what is in soda water... Probably too much salt... Might need to make that lemon water or home made ice tea with english tea

There is no sodium in La Croix

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3 days and it feels like a year.
I think between 5-8pm I have drank a 6 pack of water.
Woke up feeling hung over but hiy the gym at 5 am then jump into an ice bath. New daily routine.
Quote Reply
Re: No Alcohol January 2020 [AB2914] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice work! I also had an early Zwift morning, and I am starting to feel ready to leap out of bed in the mornings now. Which, is no fun when I can actually afford to sleep in a bit, haha.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's weird...I have been super fatigued last last couple days since stopping. The opposite of what I expected, but apparently not that uncommon. A good lesson in how regular drinking can disrupt one's physiology.
Quote Reply
Re: No Alcohol January 2020 [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
plant_based wrote:
lacticturkey wrote:

Thank god. I drink at least 8 a day.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: No Alcohol January 2020 [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
plant_based wrote:
lacticturkey wrote:

Any big spray?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AlyraD wrote:

So, why didn't the board do Sober October? My April was very sober.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: No Alcohol January 2020 [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
October has Halloween. No way I am not enjoying that to the fullest. So far so good, but I think I should choose February next year since its the shortest of months.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is my second year of Dry January.
I enjoyed it last year much more than I expected.
I thought it was interesting because I found that there was definitely a part of my day where I had developed a habit of having a drink or two. Taking a full month to explore that gave me a good chance to set up some new behavior patterns that I like a lot better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tonight will be a close run thing. Playoff football and icy cold Sip of Sunshine IPA (my fave) left over in the fridge from NYE.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Four days done and dusted. Woohoo!

Today was tough. Football playoffs with a stressed pats fan husband and being otherwise bored today. I made it through by eating a bunch of dark chocolate after dinner. Slept like a champ last night though!

Quote Reply

Prev Next