Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [Chris@Polar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Re: Power updates

Hi Chris,

Just wondering if Polar is planning to incorporate advanced statistics pertaining to power such as: Intensity Factor, TSS and Power Zones. With the latest update, I can only view either Power (in Watts) or Power (in % FTP) NOT both. Could you also comment on compatibility with the Stages powermeter/ other 3rd party powermeters with this latest update?

Many thanks in advance
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [skullyrush] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
skullyrush wrote:
trigeekrusk wrote:
Chris: The export seems to be working great for me, EXCEPT for multisport. Why can't i export my race from this weekend? I went to the individual sections and can't export those either. There's no "export" button showing up, only a "remove" button.

I have that same question! I had a race a few weeks ago and another this weekend that I'd like to be able to export.

The export tool flowexport.callcenter.pl is still there to help. I intend to keep it up until multisport export is ready and time offset is corrected.

One thing I don't get: several users already wrote about multisport not exporting and time not being correct. I expected a simple answer from Polar: we can see it too, we'll fix it within a week/month etc. No such thing.
Same thing with other bugs reported (I'm not talking about proposed changes, only bugs). That's what makes me (and probably others) frustrated.
Last edited by: grzeg1: Oct 3, 14 23:54
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [apache] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Take a alcohol pad and wipe the port on the watch & try it again @ Apache
Last edited by: KSG65: Oct 4, 14 12:46
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [KSG65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KSG65 wrote:

I did that already. To both the cable and the watch. I keep up with the polar V800 community forum and this is not an uncommon problem. No matter what I do now I can't sync this watch. Plugging and unplugging, repeatedly starting up polar sync, using different browsers, soft reset of the watch, going between Windows and OSX, restarting my computer, clearing cookies and cache. Nothing works.

Not one person from Polar has responded to my emails.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
apache wrote:
KSG65 wrote:

I did that already. To both the cable and the watch. I keep up with the polar V800 community forum and this is not an uncommon problem. No matter what I do now I can't sync this watch. Plugging and unplugging, repeatedly starting up polar sync, using different browsers, soft reset of the watch, going between Windows and OSX, restarting my computer, clearing cookies and cache. Nothing works.

You probably have the notorious battery swelling problem and need a replacement.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [Tony5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tony5 wrote:
Just learned today for those with the Mio Link, if you wear on the same wrist as v800 and set it for other indoor, you can use it to measure hr during swim...i only had what looks like 1 drop out during the swim..not sure on accurracy as will test it later with the Polar strap to compare.

So true! Love it - Mio link stays fixed while the Polar H7 doesn't stay in place while making turns in the pool.
However with the new firmware the swimming profile seems fixed on 5khz with no option to tune it. So have to use other indoor as profile now while swimming.
Any other workarounds possible?

@ Chris - can we have some way of tuning which HR frequency is used if people want to change the default for swimming like with the MIO LInk?

-Arnout
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [grzeg1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grzeg1 wrote:
apache wrote:
KSG65 wrote:

You probably have the notorious battery swelling problem and need a replacement.

Yes, I am beginning to think the same. I have to press down hard on the clip to get a beep and for the watch to charge. Getting the watch to sync is non-existent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
apache wrote:
grzeg1 wrote:
apache wrote:
KSG65 wrote:

Yes, I am beginning to think the same. I have to press down hard on the clip to get a beep and for the watch to charge. Getting the watch to sync is non-existent.

You definitely need some service. In the US - start the process here: https://support.polar.com/...sf/Starting?openForm
Feel free to put my name on the outside of the package and I'll roll out the red carpet once it gets here.

So sorry for the inconvenience!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chris@Polar wrote:
apache wrote:
grzeg1 wrote:
apache wrote:
KSG65 wrote:

You definitely need some service. In the US - start the process here: https://support.polar.com/...sf/Starting?openForm
Feel free to put my name on the outside of the package and I'll roll out the red carpet once it gets here.

So sorry for the inconvenience!

Thanks Chris!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Chris,

Is there any chance that in the future we can edit sports profile view in watch through polar flow app?

Sometimes I need to adjust something on the go but I can't do it without computer & cable.

Regards.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [Igi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess technically you don't need the cable. While you need the (any) computer for the setup, you can still sync using only your iOS smartphone.

if you can read this
YOU'RE DRAFTING!
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [GatorDeb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine is as accurate as RunKeeper :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When are the Look Keo pedals going bluetooth? What will the process be for upgrading the old sensors?
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [IronMandie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IronMandie wrote:
When are the Look Keo pedals going bluetooth? What will the process be for upgrading the old sensors?

The pedals will be launched in small quantities in November. Contact your local Polar Customer Care for the process (here in the US it's 800-227-1314).
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [Igi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Igi wrote:
Hi Chris,

Is there any chance that in the future we can edit sports profile view in watch through polar flow app?

Sometimes I need to adjust something on the go but I can't do it without computer & cable.

Regards.

Yes, we're looking at some other ways to make those edits (in watch or app.etc..) Everything will be here with updates and such: http://updates.polar.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Chris,
I dit not have this problem before (summer) but now I'm back to my regular activities where you can't wear a watch. For me it's martial arts but can be also
anything like basketball, football, volleyball. It kind of screws up the whole recovery guide thing. My watch shows Undertrained now and in fact I'm
feeling strained. Any chance of manual activity add in the near future? Or I should just forget the recovery advisor?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chris,

I've been busy and not staying up to date on the forum recently but I've been using my V800. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the Power update actually "works" with my iBike communicating through my Viiiiva. BUT... the power reported is way high. Double? I can't say for sure because I haven't found a file that I could compare after the ride and studying two meters while riding a dirt trail through the woods isn't a great idea... I am wondering if it is treating my iBike as though it was a one pedal meter and doubling it. I can't find any settings that would let me adjust or tell it what my setup is. Thoughts?

Mark
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [mecrtp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chris, in what ways would the V800 be a better product than the new Garmin 920, excluding the difference between BT and ANT+?
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [cwhyte] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cwhyte wrote:
Chris, in what ways would the V800 be a better product than the new Garmin 920, excluding the difference between BT and ANT+?

This is obviously very subjective, but (IMHO) the V800 looks reasonable, even sleek in a MOMA-sort-of-way, as an everyday watch. The 920 looks like a cheap Casio knock-off favored by 12-year-olds. This doesn't matter for racing, but, since both watches include daily activity tracking, it may be an important consideration. (It is for me.)
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [sathomasga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sathomasga wrote:
cwhyte wrote:

This is obviously very subjective, but (IMHO) the V800 looks reasonable, even sleek in a MOMA-sort-of-way, as an everyday watch. The 920 looks like a cheap Casio knock-off favored by 12-year-olds. This doesn't matter for racing, but, since both watches include daily activity tracking, it may be an important consideration. (It is for me.)
Who would you trust for your "daily activity tracker" - someone who's just joining the market or someone who is a proven leader? Decide what's important to you and measure those items only - everything else is less important in your decision making. I'm sticking with my V800 primarily because i like the quality of the product and think for HR monitoring, they're the best in the market. The fact that they can track my Ironman races as well is a bonus. BTW - even without any swim metrics, the watch performed flawlessly in IM-Chatt 2 weeks ago. It tracked my whole swim route, my HR in the water, transitions, etc. Performed perfectly!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cross-posting this from the Polar forum...

I've found that if I sync my watch with my iPhone + Flow App the Triathlon profile no longer works. I'll select it and instead of taking me to the swimming screen it just jumps back to the time screen. The Triathlon configuration screen under the Settings->Sports Profiles is also completely empty.

If I then sync the watch with the FlowSync application on my laptop the Triathlon profile works again and the settings under the Sports Profiles in the Settings menu on the watch looks normal again.

I tried a factory reset and this behavior persists after the reset. Has anyone else experienced this? Or if you give it a shot does it do the same thing on your watch? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [profanum429] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unsure if there is a better channel to report bugs, but there is a bug in the tcx file generated from Flow that makes it incompatible with Strava if more than one session is done.

If I do a bike, then a brick run the 2nd tcx generated by Flow is seen as a duplicate when uploaded to Strava.

This is due to the Activity -> Id tag generated. Both tcx files have almost the same Id, only 1sec difference. If I manually edit the tcx to separate the two activities then the upload works.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [joafr339] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did a half marathon today. Runkeeper had it at 13.09. Polar V800 had it at 15.19. I was lapping miles at the end based on their cones (which were right on the dot with Runkeeper, I have an Echo Fit watch that displays the Runkeeper info without using the phone - awesomenes... had it on one wrist, the Polar in the other) and they were 1.13, 1.22, 1.16, and 1.34 on the Polar (I wanted to get the time I was spending on each mile at the end).
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [cwhyte] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cwhyte wrote:

Hi Chris. Without asking you to diss another competitors product I would like to ask your, and maybe other users opinion. My RCX5 have given up. It's my second unit, now experiencing the same issue of 2 week battery life. The HRM gives me 3 weeks. My wife's RCX5 red button stopped working and a set of WIND speed and cadence sensors lasted 500km with no user replaceable batteries. All in all I need a new watch, but I am disappointed by Polars quality. No with the Garmin 920 announced but probably 4-5 months away, I sort of have to consider Polar again

In your opinion, and maybe others can chime in here too, why should I consider the V800 instead of the benchmark Garmin (availability aside)

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [daniemare] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Garmin quality on the units I have had is very bad. None have survived more than a year of use without major issues
Quote Reply

Prev Next