Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [flogazo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Good:
  • I too was able to sync my v800 with my Android device this morning (which is great).

The Bad:
  • On the syncing side of things when I try to sync with my iPhone it tells me "Sync Failed" every time but the data always gets synced with the app and into the Flow web interface.

• Since the firmware update yesterday the battery in the watch has been draining really quickly. I let it charge overnight and have had it off the charger for an hour and 1/2 and the watch is already down to 75% battery. I haven't even done any training today either.

• Power data is supposed to be in the .TCX export file but I've pulled multiple files out of Flow and gone through them and I see no evidence of a power variable. I'm using a Powertap and not the Polar/Look power meter so that may explain it. However, power data is power data and I think it SHOULD be in the export. I was using the Viiiiva bridge method because I still need the power data to go to my Garmin but I'll do a quick spin with the Powertap BTLE cap installed and see if I get anything different.

Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [skullyrush] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For the battery issue, try to do a soft reset. Hold in all 4 corner buttons at once. This helped the issue for me in the previous update.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [hinke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the help, the soft reset stopped the battery draining so quickly.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [Chris@Polar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just received the V800 as a holiday gift and really enjoying it's functionality so far. From the thread it sounds like I've managed to avoid some of the initial issues after launch.

Quick question in regard to future integration with a food diary app for calorie management? Something like MyFitnessPal or Tap-N-Track? Is this on the roadmap?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Polar V800 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do do you see the calories that you have burned during a workout? I can always see them after. Can you please help?
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [skullyrush] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had problems as well. I did the December update and it seems to work fine, did 3 x 400 meter tests. Still to do more tests. I do and open turn and fairly hard push off. I also glide into the turn on the last stroke..
Last edited by: moejoex: Jan 6, 15 4:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Chris. Thanks for having this forum. While I'm not a triathlete, I still ordered the V800 (should be on the doorstep waiting for me to get home today). I'm still not convinced this is the tool I need. I bike, but only care about speed, distance, and GPS mapping (for viewing in whatever app/web service I'm using). I also lift weights in the gym and use my trusty FT80 watch to monitor my heart rate and estimated calories burned during my workouts.

I see in the Polar Flow updates section that exporting from PolarPersonalTrainer to Polar Flow will be coming in Q1, that is awesome! I'm wondering, are there plans to allow for older devices like my FT80 to transfer my workout data directly to Polar Flow, rather than having to upload in the PPT then export that into Flow?
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 [Maximus1982] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maximus1982 wrote:
How do do you see the calories that you have burned during a workout? I can always see them after. Can you please help?
Add the "calories" datafield to one of your training views. These are configurable in the flow webservice under "sports profiles"

if you can read this
YOU'RE DRAFTING!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

Just a quick query, literally just received a new V800 through the post and busy setting it up. Just tried the orthostatic test and told that I needed the H7 band for it to start. I have a Wahoo Tickr HRM instead and therefore brought the watch without the H7 as swimming HR was less important than having a HRM that can also connect to my garmin edge.

What I don't get is what feature does the H7 HRM have that the Wahoo doesn't that is required for the test? As far as my, admittedly limited, knowledge knows it is simply taking HR for the test which the Wahoo, and other bluetooth HRM do perfectly adequately?

Could someone enlighten me if there is a feature difference and if not is there any planned updates to allow 3rd party straps to be used for the test.

Appreciate any help.

Henry
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [perpetual121] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heart Rate Variability.

Rumors have it that Wahoo will add that to the TICKR at some point, but there's no guarantee that Polar would support it.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [sathomasga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Makes sense; I would, however, suggest to Polar to make this requirement clear on the v800 feature list, for the orthostatic test, on their website to allow potential customers to make better informed decisions. It was certainly something that interested me even if accuracy potentially isn't quite there due to the immature science behind it.

Having said that initial impressions of the watch are great and finding the software so far working as expected, even if design workflow for adding planned training could be made easier.

Going for a long run in a hour and looking forward to doing so without having to lug my mobile with me!

H
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [maikkeli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maikkeli wrote:
Hi Chris, do we know if my V800 would be able to read Wahoo Kickr power data? I'm thinking about getting one soon.

Also, I'm travelling a lot. Time zone changes seems to mess up activity tracking when travelling "back in time". Any comments or expected updates to this?

Ps. Thanks for sharing all this great info in this thread!

JP
v800/h7/s3+/spd/cad

Hi Chris, any chance to hear latest news about kickr support schedule?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi. Can I either upload old training sessions to polar flow using a .gpx file or similar, or export such a file from polar flow in order to upload it to another site? I am close to buying the v800, but if I can't do this it is a showstopper.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [minimalist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
minimalist wrote:
Hi. Can I either upload old training sessions to polar flow using a .gpx file or similar, or export such a file from polar flow in order to upload it to another site? I am close to buying the v800, but if I can't do this it is a showstopper.

You can't add a manual training or import anything to Flow.
You can export single-sport sessions to tcx, but not multisport.
I was hoping it would be added but seemingly Polar is busy adding smartphone notifications and other toys.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
minimalist wrote:

Uploading old files from Polar Flow in order to upload to another site? Close to buying v800?

This does not sound very Minimalist to me.

The v800 is an unnecessary complication.

The true minimalist needs no more than a watch which accurately tells the time. Preferably one which does not have stupid little buttons or moronic touch screen features which cause you to crash.

A proper watch with a second hand is all you need.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [Zen Minimalist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone,

I just brought the Keo Power Bluetooth to use power on my V800. It works like a charm for measuring the power during the ride, but I was a bit disappointed to see the post-ride analysis on Flow: its just shows basic data and nothing really useful for a "in depth" analysis.

Ok, not a big deal I thought, because Polar just announced that the power data are now included into the TCX file when I export the data... I'm a big fan of Golden Cheetah, so I will import the TCX of my ride into the program and then dive into my data. Disappointment #2: no data power in Golden Cheetah after importing the file. Ugh...

So with my basic skills of XML, I went into the TCX file of Flow, and then on another one from Garmin, and then pointed out differences. So I wrote this afternoon a quick XSLT file to adapt the TCX generated by Flow to be readable by Golden Cheetah.

If you are interested, you can convert your files at this address: http://www.nakan.ch/polartools/

Note: it runs on my own web server, and I don't store any data. You just send the file, the tool transforms and give you back your data without storing them. It may takes some time to upload depending on the TCX file you upload. Please note I'm not related in any way with Polar or Garmin.

Hope this can help other people.

Greg
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
minimalist wrote:

I use SyncMyTracks to export from Flow to Strava automatically on upload from the V800. Depending on the site youa re going to this might work. (Training Peaks is not yet an option there)

I believe you can set it up to export from a drop folder on your phone to the service you want.

#GottaRun
http://twitter.com/runningmatters_
http://www.feileacanmor.com
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [Amphkingwest] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amphkingwest wrote:
minimalist wrote:

I use SyncMyTracks to export from Flow to Strava automatically on upload from the V800. Depending on the site youa re going to this might work. (Training Peaks is not yet an option there)

I believe you can set it up to export from a drop folder on your phone to the service you want.

Will this work to export from Flow to Garmin Connect? I don't want to be on my own on the Polar site and want to take part in the GC competitions and leaderboards that all my friends are in.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [ddave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ddave wrote:
Amphkingwest wrote:
minimalist wrote:

Will this work to export from Flow to Garmin Connect? I don't want to be on my own on the Polar site and want to take part in the GC competitions and leaderboards that all my friends are in.

Yes it will :p

#GottaRun
http://twitter.com/runningmatters_
http://www.feileacanmor.com
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [ddave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you can also use https://tapiriik.com/ ....
this syncs to strava, endomondo, training peaks .. etc
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can I use the running footpod sensor to calculate cadence (RPM) on an indoor bike?

My gym has a couple of really nice spin bikes but they're completely analogue. My training requires me to target specific RPM and bringing my own bike cadence sensor to the gym and installing it every time I want to use the bike is unfortunately not a realistic solution.

Thanks,
Erik
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Polar V800 is detecting Stages PM!! Has anyone tried pairing the V800 to the Stages PM recently? Months ago when i tried, nothing happened! Tried it at random today and it detects and will output power data from Stages PM! Only problem is that it DOUBLES the number. So if your Stages outputs 60Watts, the Polar V800 will show it as 120Watts. Perhaps we are one step closer to getting compatibility with Stages Power! :)
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [spinothalamic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spinothalamic wrote:
Polar V800 is detecting Stages PM!! Has anyone tried pairing the V800 to the Stages PM recently? Months ago when i tried, nothing happened! Tried it at random today and it detects and will output power data from Stages PM! Only problem is that it DOUBLES the number. So if your Stages outputs 60Watts, the Polar V800 will show it as 120Watts. Perhaps we are one step closer to getting compatibility with Stages Power! :)

Nothing at all for me. They sync and pair, but no data shows up. I still have to use my Garmin 310XT for power...... I'm sadly starting to see the Polar as a waste of money and finding I may need a Garmin 920XT for my upcoming push to do my first IM. A watch for triathletes.... that doesn't measure triathlon specific things like outdoor swims or power output of most power meters on the market. I bought in on the preorder thinking Polar would be quick to add features and address software issues. It's pretty clear they got my money and don't care about much else after that. They are quick to make lots of commercials showing pro triathletes touting their device though. Kudos for that.

--------------------------------------------------------

You will remain the same person, before, during and after the race. So the result, no matter how important, will not define you. The journey is what matters. ~ Chrissie W.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [AnthonyS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought their battery life was not long enough to carry a V800 through an IM anyways.

Quote | Reply
Cobble wrote:
I thought their battery life was not long enough to carry a V800 through an IM anyways.

Battery life is a non issue. I will be doing a half ironman in April and a few practice days in March. I don't expect battery life to be an issue at all. So far it's better than my Garmin 310 by a lot on that front. The V800 has so much to offer, sadly customer support and power aren't two of those things.

--------------------------------------------------------

You will remain the same person, before, during and after the race. So the result, no matter how important, will not define you. The journey is what matters. ~ Chrissie W.
Quote Reply

Prev Next