Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Angled spacer [elf6c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.instagram.com/...utm_medium=copy_link

Jim is just toying with us now. Looks like we are getting closer with at least one pro on the new bike.

Yay for no more bb90.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Angled spacer [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You notice the bottom bracket area and the possible cutout (maybe not best description) on left side?
Quote Reply
Re: Angled spacer [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah it’s a threaded bb which likely is t47. I did notice the cutout which is similar to what Trek Segafredo has been riding this summer. I believe the UCI and Tri bikes are different but this may be one similarity they share.

blog
Last edited by: stevej: Sep 2, 21 4:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Link wouldn't work for me, who's IG account is it linking to?
Quote Reply
Re: Angled spacer [KYRxTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KYRxTri wrote:
Link wouldn't work for me, who's IG account is it linking to?

ERO sports

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you Stevej
Quote Reply
Re: Angled spacer [KYRxTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 2014 SC 7.0. I currently have vision bars on the front. After racing it for 7 years, I am thinking about having my local Trek dealer rebuild my front end.

Can I put an integrated front end on a 7.0 ?
Quote Reply
Re: Angled spacer [Calvin386] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Calvin386 wrote:
I have a 2014 SC 7.0. I currently have vision bars on the front. After racing it for 7 years, I am thinking about having my local Trek dealer rebuild my front end.

If you mean turning the front end of a 7.0 into the front end of a 9.0.....I don't think so?

But there are lots of really nice aftermarket bars out there that you could replace your visions with. Tririg for example. Or Zipp Vuka's, or 51 speedshop.
Quote Reply
Re: Angled spacer [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
Calvin386 wrote:

If you mean turning the front end of a 7.0 into the front end of a 9.0.....I don't think so?

But there are lots of really nice aftermarket bars out there that you could replace your visions with. Tririg for example. Or Zipp Vuka's, or 51 speedshop.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Integrating my front end like a 9.0. I still have IM Chattanooga left but I am planning on going through this bike after that. If I rebuild the front end, I might as well integrate it if it's possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Bontrager Comp Road Pedal on SC [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My fiancé has a 2012 speed concept with mechanical SRAM Force. It’s been a great bike, but after having a super hard time indexing the rear derailleur, we realized that the front derailleur and the rear derailleur cables are interacting with each other… in other words, when she shifts into the little ring, it pushes the rear derailleur out *just* enough to throw the indexing out of alignment.

Is there a simple fix for this? I’m guess to just try and see where the cables are crossing and address it, but I didn’t know if this was a common issue on the older mechanical systems.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Calvin386 wrote:
SBRcanuck wrote:
Calvin386 wrote:

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Integrating my front end like a 9.0. I still have IM Chattanooga left but I am planning on going through this bike after that. If I rebuild the front end, I might as well integrate it if it's possible.

Nope that will not work. A 7.0 and 9.0 are two totally different animals on the front end. There are some third party cockpits that can get you close to a SC 9 but not the real deal.
Quote Reply
Re: Bontrager Comp Road Pedal on SC [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cloy wrote:
My fiancé has a 2012 speed concept with mechanical SRAM Force. It’s been a great bike, but after having a super hard time indexing the rear derailleur, we realized that the front derailleur and the rear derailleur cables are interacting with each other… in other words, when she shifts into the little ring, it pushes the rear derailleur out *just* enough to throw the indexing out of alignment.

Is there a simple fix for this? I’m guess to just try and see where the cables are crossing and address it, but I didn’t know if this was a common issue on the older mechanical systems.
I've never heard of that happening. Maybe whoever assembled it crossed the cables somehow. I'd have it re-cabled at a good LBS.
Quote Reply
Re: Angled spacer [Rideon77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought there was a part that could be ordered that would essentially turn the 7.0 into a 7.5?

I swear I was told that by an employee of a shop selling treks. If not true, I'm glad I didn't buy the 7.0 (color preference) years ago.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, if nothing else, you'd at least need to source a 7.5/9 fork, along with the proprietary stem and bars. But I don't know for sure if the fork will properly fit a 7.0 frame.

Honestly you'd probably be better off finding a used SC9 frameset.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the answers everyone.

I actually just looked at at frame set. That may be the way to go
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I rocked a 2013 SC 7 series (without integrated front end) for a long time. I put a Tririg Alpha X on it and it hid cables quite well with the Tririg omega brake. Let me know if you'd want to buy the bars, I still have 'em.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I finally switched from 700c x 23mm GP4000 to 700c x 25mm GP5000 and the bike is feeling great. My back brakes are squeaking though a little and I asked the LBS to fix, but they didn’t fix. I think I might need to sand the brakes or something.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, you can modify a 7.0 into a 7.5(9.0 integrated aero bar) to transform it in the super bike version.

I did it.. you just need to order or find the hardware of the integrated cockpit.
Personally, I found the stem of the 7.0 pretty sketchy.. the integrated bar is a lot more robust/rigid.

Bigger pieces are:
- integrated stem (acc to fit needs)
- mono spacer (acc to fit needs)
- base bar ($$$)
- one of the aero bar options
- aero bar hardware kit (nuts and bolts)
- arm rest/pad kit
- the cross bar under the elbow cups
(This is what I remember on top of my head, might miss a piece or 2)

If still interested, I can provide more details, part numbers, the exploded view..

---------------------------------
T. Guertin / Spocket
Quote Reply
Re: Angled spacer [spocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And a fork for the hidden/integrated brake?
If not doing that, then why not just buy a tririg bar system?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If we are speaking of the gen2 SC, the front brake cover of the 7.0 was the same. The bottom of the stem/steerer adapter on the 7.0 is identical on the bottom portion and interface with the fork the same way.

---------------------------------
T. Guertin / Spocket
Quote Reply
Re: Angled spacer [spocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spocket wrote:
Yes, you can modify a 7.0 into a 7.5(9.0 integrated aero bar) to transform it in the super bike version.

I did it.. you just need to order or find the hardware of the integrated cockpit.
Personally, I found the stem of the 7.0 pretty sketchy.. the integrated bar is a lot more robust/rigid.

Bigger pieces are:
- integrated stem (acc to fit needs)
- mono spacer (acc to fit needs)
- base bar ($$$)
- one of the aero bar options
- aero bar hardware kit (nuts and bolts)
- arm rest/pad kit
- the cross bar under the elbow cups
(This is what I remember on top of my head, might miss a piece or 2)

If still interested, I can provide more details, part numbers, the exploded view..

Thanks... PM sent
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
And a fork for the hidden/integrated brake?
If not doing that, then why not just buy a tririg bar system?

I assumed I would need a new fork. However, the 2014 7.0 fork has an integrated brake
Quote Reply
2017 Stem and mono spacers [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm picking up a really nice used 2017 7.5 on Saturday. It's setup high/close/high and I'll be looking for a few parts.

Primarily I'll need a Mid/far stem and a shorter mono-spacer to help tweak the fit.

Are those parts readily available at dealers or should I be asking if anyone has them sitting around ;)
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 Stem and mono spacers [sbear55] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got a used 7.5 also and needed same.

I changed low far stem, mono extension plug in and 15mm mono spacer.

I have some parts. When you get it sorted let me know.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 Stem and mono spacers [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I lucked out when I picked up the bike yesterday. He had the mid-far stem and shorter spacers in a spare parts bag! Those should, based on the eyeball test, get the position really close.
Quote Reply

Prev Next