Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: *Spoilers* 2021 Cycling Thread *Spoilers* [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Believe it’s Anthony McCrossan who does a lot of Flo’s stuff. We US fans prefer a UK or AU commentator over the American pikers on offer.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2021 Cycling Thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure it's McCrossan. Did Cx on his own. Never know who they going to pair him with for Road.

Game on tomorrow.
Last edited by: WannaB: Feb 2, 21 19:32
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2021 Cycling Thread *Spoilers* [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WannaB wrote:
Pretty sure it's McCrossan. Did Cx on his own. Never know who they going to pair him with for Road.

I like Ant, but I thought they should have paired him with someone for a little color commentary for CX. On the other hand, Jeremy Powers doing GCN's CX was a little *too* much Jeremy, though I also like him. They'd be perfect together.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2021 Cycling Thread *Spoilers* [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah it would have been nice if Ant had someone else to work with. Not sure if he's on for the road season or not. Flo had all kinds of different dudes calling last year. One or two of the smaller races were absolutely terrible with some guy half-assing it into his computer mic. TdF with Gerro was good, I'd like to see him do more commentary.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2021 Cycling Thread *Spoilers* [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahhh yes I've heard of Ant before.

At one point years ago I swear that Dan Lloyd from GCN commentated the Giro. I actually loved his work if it was indeed him who I'm thinking of. I've heard some of the other old GCN guys too and they are ok.
Last edited by: turdburgler: Feb 3, 21 4:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm re-enjoying 2012 De Ronde this afternoon on a separate screen. Productivity has been severely lacking,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Or...two guys who speak French.

Haha. Looks like we got the local feed for EdB. Is like Pepe Le Pew calling a bike race.

That’s ok. Can hone my tactic breakdowns. And create my own editorial comments about new team kits.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The wife appreciates French feeds and they give me a chance to continue to work on mine. The disappointing part is that I told her what race I was watching and she immediate came in and asked "Is Julian racing?," and perked up with baited breathe.

When you're wife moves you to second fiddle for the Wee Mouseketeer that is NOT confidence inspiring.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
The wife appreciates French feeds and they give me a chance to continue to work on mine. The disappointing part is that I told her what race I was watching and she immediate came in and asked "Is Julian racing?," and perked up with baited breathe.

When you're wife moves you to second fiddle for the Wee Mouseketeer that is NOT confidence inspiring.

It would appear that the same could apply to your native tongue (assuming it isn't Gaelic) :p
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was a nasty finish! Well played by Laporte. Mads right up there too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
turdburgler wrote:

It would appear that the same could apply to your native tongue (assuming it isn't Gaelic) :p

Agh you smart arse! :)

I probably understand more Welsh that Gaelic. Both are mad and confusing. I'm pretty sure mum knows both and the old man never gave two shits.

BATED! I would love to make up and excuse that it was autocorrect or something, but it was just my defective brain. Although maybe she was baiting me with her constant LFF mentions to see if I'd bite and react. ;)

Did anyone else notice G's guns? He is already lean now, but come Grand Tour time he will have shed those too and will be much lighter still.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

Good on LaPorte after having to play second fiddle to Boohoonee at Cofidis.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

Flying low, but seems to have picked up where he left off. Kwiatek with a top-10 placing as well.

turdburgler wrote:
echappist wrote:
turdburgler wrote:

Agh you smart arse! :)

I probably understand more Welsh that Gaelic. Both are mad and confusing. I'm pretty sure mum knows both and the old man never gave two shits.

BATED! I would love to make up and excuse that it was autocorrect or something, but it was just my defective brain. Although maybe she was baiting me with her constant LFF mentions to see if I'd bite and react. ;)
All in good fun :). I actually went to high school in a town with a lot of Welsh place names. Took a while to figure out how to pronounce things correctly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bouhanni looked pretty handy today.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2021 Cycling Thread *Spoilers* [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Poetic in a French way to beat him back to 2nd in 1st race.

Amstel to potentially be raced on 18k circuit???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

The question now is will they hit the Cauberg 10 times like at 2012 worlds, or 26 times like in 1948 worlds?
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2021 Cycling Thread *Spoilers* [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ClayDavis wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:

The question now is will they hit the Cauberg 10 times like at 2012 worlds, or 26 times like in 1948 worlds?

I was just getting used to the new Amstel parcours. Ever since the redo (skipping the Cauberg on the last lap), it has encouraged attacking from further out, thereby creating some really tense racing, the best of which being the following. Yes, a bit gratuitous, but get psyched lads, get psyched!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was especially gratuitous.

A lot is made of MvdP vs WvA but Alaphilippe doesn’t get enough credit for versatility. He’s in that kind of finale (but blows it tactically), wins MSR, has done a ceremonial lap around France, wins TTs, and can make Ronde selection. He’s as versatile as anyone.

For that matter, Fuglesang shows in a lot of those finales too. He squandered too many years chasing GC ambitions and really should have been a classics guy / stage hunter.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2021 Cycling Thread *Spoilers* [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do that climb a dozen times a year but I can't imagine doing it that many times in one race haha. But I thought I heard somewhere that they would just postpone it to Fall this year, right before Il Lombardia or around that time of the year?

Still a great course though, and again a course that suits a lot of guys.. VdP, WVA, Hirschi, LFF, Kwiato, Fuglsang, Trentin, the Slovenian duo, Wellens, Gilbert, Benoot, Schachmann, Valverde or Nibali if on form,.. I'd like to see an on fire Sagan really go for it there.

Nice finish yesterday in l'Etoile de Bessèges, Bouhanni seemed to have surprised quite a few riders. I would have thought that finish was Pedersen's for the taking but he was too far back initially. Vanmarcke right there when Bouhanni jumped but got dropped almost immediately unfortunately. Really hoping he catches that big fish this year, together with Naesen.

Naesen's comment 'if you get dropped on the Tiegemberg, you should quite cycling' and getting dropped there himself afterwards still haunts him. For Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne this year the Eikenmolen is replaced by the Tiegemberg and Boembeek and as soon as it was announced, he retweeted it with 'Rip 2021' haha.
Last edited by: Tri_Joeri: Feb 3, 21 22:09
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2021 Cycling Thread *Spoilers* [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tiegemberg is the one with the mushroom house, right? The one where GvA and Gilbert briefly attacked to shed Naesen, only to have Naesen claw back at 2017 E3 Harelbeke?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Tiegemberg is the one with the mushroom house, right? The one where GvA and Gilbert briefly attacked to shed Naesen, only to have Naesen claw back at 2017 E3 Harelbeke?

Correct, it's the one with the mushroom! It's also called the Fox' hole
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri_Joeri wrote:
I do that climb a dozen times a year but I can't imagine doing it that many times in one race haha. But I thought I heard somewhere that they would just postpone it to Fall this year, right before Il Lombardia or around that time of the year?

Still a great course though, and again a course that suits a lot of guys.. VdP, WVA, Hirschi, LFF, Kwiato, Fuglsang, Trentin, the Slovenian duo, Wellens, Gilbert, Benoot, Schachmann, Valverde or Nibali if on form,.. I'd like to see an on fire Sagan really go for it there.

Nice finish yesterday in l'Etoile de Bessèges, Bouhanni seemed to have surprised quite a few riders. I would have thought that finish was Pedersen's for the taking but he was too far back initially. Vanmarcke right there when Bouhanni jumped but got dropped almost immediately unfortunately. Really hoping he catches that big fish this year, together with Naesen.

Naesen's comment 'if you get dropped on the Tiegemberg, you should quite cycling' and getting dropped there himself afterwards still haunts him. For Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne this year the Eikenmolen is replaced by the Tiegemberg and Boembeek and as soon as it was announced, he retweeted it with 'Rip 2021' haha.

Naesen seems to have a great sense of humour.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri_Joeri wrote:
echappist wrote:

Correct, it's the one with the mushroom! It's also called the Fox' hole

Out of curiosity, is the same Belgian National Championship course going to be used for 2021 (the one that went up each of the Muur and Tiegemberg ~9x )?

What a shame that they didnt get the participation deserved last year
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Racin' in the streets, de Besseges style. Tight little roads through the villages, the riders wave to the school kids along the road, and a guy sitting in a chair on the sidewalk has to pull his outstretched legs in to let the peloton go by. Love it.

Except for the crash that just happened. It's still racing.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2021 Cycling Thread *Spoilers* [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha. Just thinkng same. Guy in lawn chair yanking his feet back was great.

Hard crash. Looks like Ineos rider, and I don't see Geraint anymore. He was riding up front by himself. Hope not.

Darn! Another hard one.
Last edited by: WannaB: Feb 4, 21 7:40
Quote Reply

Prev Next