Quote | Reply
So he got “Tommeked”?
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Feb 5, 21 20:35
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2021 Cycling Thread *Spoilers* [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
So he got “Tommeked”?
Tom, Tom, Tom, Tom Tom; Oh la la la la la la la (in descending pitch).

Balen, we got a problem!
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2021 Cycling Thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's hilarious; and another problem
https://www.cyclingnews.com/...sitive-for-covid-19/

was hoping and thinking he was really prepped for this spring, wonder how this affects going forward
even with a mild case
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2021 Cycling Thread *Spoilers* [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
heyMartin wrote:
that's hilarious; and another problem
https://www.cyclingnews.com/...sitive-for-covid-19/

was hoping and thinking he was really prepped for this spring, wonder how this affects going forward
even with a mild case

You’ve gotta feel for him a bit (despite the fact that he was/has been the highest paid pro cyclist). For most of his career, results (though not necessarily wins) came easy to him. For the last two seasons, he suddenly has to really get down to brass tacks.

I hope he can find a renaissance of form
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get em Ganna!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ganna launches!
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2021 Cycling Thread *Spoilers* [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A Vulgar Display of Power.
Last edited by: turdburgler: Feb 6, 21 7:06
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2021 Cycling Thread *Spoilers* [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He is a human e-bike. Flip...gone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He is laughing right after crossing the line. Doesn't even look phased by that effort.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank goodness bike racing is back

I had almost forgotten about his Giro wins. At this rate, he looking more like Cancellara than Tony Martin. Yet another rider to watch in the spring classics
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He looks quite confident to match the huge motor. He could tear up a classic or two.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m having an increasingly hard time not cheering for Ineos—or at least certain riders like Ganna, Kwiato, GT and Carapaz. Maybe I’m maturing as a cycling fan?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I very much agree with this sentiment. I do not cheer for Team Ineos. I do cheer for certain riders who are on that team.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was just announced the Covid is positive with Peter Sagan. Covid is expected to be rapidly decimated by a solo attack.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
I very much agree with this sentiment. I do not cheer for Team Ineos. I do cheer for certain riders who are on that team.

I agree that the Ineos riders, as a whole, are pretty likeable at the moment. Moscon is in his own special category of dislike, and a couple others who aren't my favorite, but otherwise I have no real complaint.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
A Vulgar Display of Power.

Indeed.
Looked like Fabian.
And he has that Boonen bearing that says “if I weren’t a bike racer I’d be a world class (insert sport here).
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2021 Cycling Thread *Spoilers* [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gotta wonder if Ganna could have an even bigger motor than FC, considering the IP world record. He has also been a more prolific winner in shorter amount of time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Gotta wonder if Ganna could have an even bigger motor than FC, considering the IP world record. He has also been a more prolific winner in shorter amount of time.

The early returns on Ganna being able to have full one-day range are promising, but he still has a long way to go to prove full Flanders/Roubaix-type ability.

Overall we're pretty lucky. After the retirement of the last ground of one-day greats, we have a new round of generational talent ready to go full blast (WvA/MdVP/maybe Ganna). With Sagan kind of bridging the two worlds.

Edit: I guess Gilbert and 'verde are still at it, I'm kinda writing them off as effectively done. They may win some lesser stuff, or may play a team role, don't see either of them factoring in a Monument podium this year.
Last edited by: trail: Feb 6, 21 16:57
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2021 Cycling Thread *Spoilers* [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:

The early returns on Ganna being able to have full one-day range are promising, but he still has a long way to go to prove full Flanders/Roubaix-type ability.

Overall we're pretty lucky. After the retirement of the last ground of one-day greats, we have a new round of generational talent ready to go full blast (WvA/MdVP/maybe Ganna). With Sagan kind of bridging the two worlds.

Edit: I guess Gilbert and 'verde are still at it, I'm kinda writing them off as effectively done. They may win some lesser stuff, or may play a team role, don't see either of them factoring in a Monument podium this year.

I’m with you on Valverde, but Gilbert, if the stars align one more time, could get one more this spring. If Wellens goes full Wellens as per usual, Gilbert might get an Edgar Winter.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2021 Cycling Thread *Spoilers* [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
The early returns on Ganna being able to have full one-day range are promising, but he still has a long way to go to prove full Flanders/Roubaix-type ability. ...

He did manage to win PR Espoirs five years ago, but yeah, other than that he doesn't have much demonstrated Classics potential. But I have a feeling that it's because he concentrated on the IP in recent years. And I have a feeling that he coud provide a huge surprise in the Classics this year. Anybody who lets him get a small gap is taking a huge risk that the race has just gone up the road.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2021 Cycling Thread *Spoilers* [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He looks so strong and fluid on his TT bike too. So completely dialed in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He’s got the legs but Ganna is nowhere near FC with TT bike handling. Kind of surprising to see a track guy baby his rig around some corners on the horns whereas Fabian just railed it. Although trying to steer that thing with 10th floor extensions must be a challenge.

And what’s this: the French have a TT man?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ben Thomas is damn strong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Ben Thomas is damn strong.

Yeah, another track guy. The omnium world champ scared the IP world champ a little bit there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
He’s got the legs but Ganna is nowhere near FC with TT bike handling. Kind of surprising to see a track guy baby his rig around some corners on the horns whereas Fabian just railed it.

Could just be avoiding risks at the February 2.1. Another good thing about Ganna, is he seems to do a good job keeping upright in general.
Quote Reply

Prev Next