Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: *Spoilers* 2021 Cycling Thread *Spoilers* [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
(just replying to last post)

While other threads are discussing cold parts in the nether regions, and others are discussing lubrication of said nether regions, this thread is in danger of dropping off the front page, and nobody has yet mentioned ...

BAUKE!!

Great race today. A quality field at Haut Var, and Mollema manages to come away with the win. Gotta' love the guy; he's always a bit of an underdog.

I believe Mr. Mollema’s home country is called the nether lands, and yes, it did indeed get cold enough that the canals froze over.

:p

Sorry, i can’t pass up bad puns
Last edited by: echappist: Feb 20, 21 7:34
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2021 Cycling Thread *Spoilers* [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
but i'll take Dan Martin simply bc i like seeing him win... tough as they come, humble guy

Got the team right, anyway.

And dang, yet another Ineos revelation for 3rd place.

Stage 3 should be interesting. Short, but with a bunch of climbs, the last one summiting still 25K from the line. All sorts of tactical possibilities. I think Woods stands a real shot at defending given the course profile, and how he's looked. Though lots of big climbers lurking just behind - Nairo, nearly the entire Ineos roster, Pinot, Mollema, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2021 Cycling Thread *Spoilers* [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
McNulty wrote:
but i'll take Dan Martin simply bc i like seeing him win... tough as they come, humble guy

Stage 3 should be interesting. Short, but with a bunch of climbs, the last one summiting still 25K from the line. All sorts of tactical possibilities. I think Woods stands a real shot at defending given the course profile, and how he's looked. Though lots of big climbers lurking just behind - Nairo, nearly the entire Ineos roster, Pinot, Mollema, etc.

I didn't even know Woods had transferred from EF. He looked super strong.

MvDP is going to be laying down some serious volts in the UAE Tour. That should be entertaining.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2021 Cycling Thread *Spoilers* [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
lol in France you are taken out my baguettes. Italy gets you with dogs.

France has dogs too! Marcus Burghardt got taken out in the 2007 Tour:

Somebody commented at the time that he was not the first rider to be taken down by a French lab. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
trail wrote:
McNulty wrote:

MvDP is going to be laying down some serious volts in the UAE Tour. That should be entertaining.

I dont see any real stage that suits him though. I'm sure he'll prove me wrong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m entirely off the back trying to watch race and remember who switched to what team. Time to get serious about the season.

Big cats will be out to play tomorrow. Can’t wait.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
McNulty wrote:
trail wrote:
McNulty wrote:

I dont see any real stage that suits him though. I'm sure he'll prove me wrong.

I’m guessing he’ll be riding in support, doing his best Tony Martin imitation on the front for extended turns, getting some turbo dieseling in. I think he’s got the punchy stuff squared away.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2021 Cycling Thread *Spoilers* [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like a little wind in the UAE! So pics on twitter show decent gaps between echelons. And Velon tweeting about bigger than expected power numbers due to the wind--showed sprinters having to do some work even though protected.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well you did have it right !
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2021 Cycling Thread *Spoilers* [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow. And showed near perfect tactics. Positioned himself right all day, did not drag the chase group, surfed DQS into the finish chute, and just exploded with power.

This is gonna be Fun.
Last edited by: WannaB: Feb 21, 21 7:08
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2021 Cycling Thread *Spoilers* [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
interesting that Quintana is a follower again today

maybe because he had surgery on both knees ??
Last edited by: heyMartin: Feb 21, 21 10:37
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2021 Cycling Thread *Spoilers* [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He made it look easy, especially with Gaviria taking an early flyer. Solid race craft from Pog, Yates and Almeida to make front group. Good to see Powless there too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
heyMartin wrote:
interesting that Quintana is a follower again today

maybe because he had surgery on both knees ??

The climbs weren't climber's climbs, though. He tried at least once and Woods was right on him, and he's not going to bring Woods with him.

I thought Quintana looked good for February.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2021 Cycling Thread *Spoilers* [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you're right - was just hoping he'd have a go but it is only Feb.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
heyMartin wrote:
well you did have it right !

FN monster.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To those who subscribe to GCN, who's the lady doing the announcement? Don't think I've heard her commentating before (there was a Dutch lady doing a few races a few years back, and this didn't sound like that lady).

Nevermind, appears to be Jose Bean
Last edited by: echappist: Feb 21, 21 16:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
28mph average for today’s stage. That’s got to be nerve racking to adjust to that kind of speed for that long.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those are impressive speeds in the crosswinds of the day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
28mph average for today’s stage. That’s got to be nerve racking to adjust to that kind of speed for that long.

Bummer but need him for the one days coming up.

https://www.cyclingnews.com/...to-coronavirus-case/
Last edited by: McNulty: Feb 22, 21 4:34
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2021 Cycling Thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
To those who subscribe to GCN, who's the lady doing the announcement? Don't think I've heard her commentating before (there was a Dutch lady doing a few races a few years back, and this didn't sound like that lady).

I'm on GCN. Very enjoyable. But I'm having a hard time casting it to the big screen whilst I ride. It's a feed from Eurosport that GCN buys, I reckon, so maybe there's a block of some sort on recasting? I'm able to get audio but the pic hasn't showed up yet. Any tech tips out there?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Total bummer for MvdP, would have been great to see how far he goes.

No surprise about Ganna taking another. Pogacar really is a complete racer. He’d showed his strength in longer TTS but threw down the gauntlet today. Almeida impressive too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed on all accounts. Almeida has a nasty position. It seems like all of the young guys (minus Kuss) know how to lay down a stellar TT.

And Top Ganna? What's more to say. He crossed the line again looking fresh as a daisy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
I'm able to get audio but the pic hasn't showed up yet. Any tech tips out there?

I was able to cast the picture to my garage PC using a Chromecast dongle. I still need to figure out how to get audio, but I think that's just an issue with how I set up my garage rig, not a failure of GCN/Chromecast.

I didn't do anything special to get the picture. Same as casting any other video app.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
echappist wrote:

I'm on GCN. Very enjoyable. But I'm having a hard time casting it to the big screen whilst I ride. It's a feed from Eurosport that GCN buys, I reckon, so maybe there's a block of some sort on recasting? I'm able to get audio but the pic hasn't showed up yet. Any tech tips out there?

I'm on my Linux VM right now, but if you are on Windows (?) are you able to go to Bluetooth -> Add a Bluetooth Device -> Then select Smart TV?

If you already know this disregard me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You kids are wayyyy too fancy.

I can’t do casting at all on my ~2 year Windows laptop. MS apparently rolled out bluetooth and such connections quite horribly...

Would love to cast Eurosport onto my TV though, but i don’t think that’s happening...
Quote Reply

Prev Next