Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Ironmike78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your PM crank is different of course, but my standard 'universal fit' rotor 3d+ crankset came with the spacer for BBright, and the spacer was black, machined AL alloy, and had a slight conical profile to it. You should have no problem finding a spare. If it is the right thing for your crank.

And you could always call rotor usa for the definitive word, they're pretty helpful.

hope that helps,
Greg

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: Feb 1, 15 9:52
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, I've definitely got one of them in the SRM box upstairs. Will give it a go for next weekend. Also now need to get a between the arms bottle holder, along with a garmin 810 mount - have seen some of them around, but not sure which one is best, and they are pretty expensive to just take a guess. Don't suppose you have any suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Ironmike78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't want to date myself, but I still have one of these for my "BTA" hydration. But I'm thinkin, depending on availability, of upgrading to the torhans aeroZ at some point this year, that thing looks fast and also looks like some very serious thought went into its design. That's my impression ... but ymmv.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha yeah I have two of those rattling around. Nothing like a facefull of energy drink every now and again when you hit a bump to keep you alert! I used to finish Ironman bike legs with 200 flies stuck to my face...Will check out the aeroZ you mention.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ceril sneer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have just finished building up my P5 and have fitted some Oval Concepts risers to adjust my position. They fitted perfectly.

Chris Walker.
Gibraltar,
Europe
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Gibraltar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for sharing this.

Do you know what sort of limit there is on the pad height with that riser kit?

Tricky to see from the images but is there something under the riser block, in between the base & are you using just the low mount?

Thanks again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think there are three different heights that came with the kit and the one on the P5 is the lowest one and is approx 12mm high. Here is a link
http://www.kiwivelo.co.nz/...kit-for-aerobar.html
There is nothing extra under the riser block.

Chris Walker.
Gibraltar,
Europe
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you are running the "low" setup? Ok, so those blocks must be flat at the base....I'd struggled to find any that didn't have groves or blocks for specific bars &/or had the right spacing.

Be interesting to know what the max height of riser blocks they do....can't find anything on the link..+ & does the kit allow any adjustment for angle on the pad (vs it just being level?).

Have you ridden it in this setup?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes I am running the "standard" low setting as opposed to X low and high V and these risers fit flat on the base and are very solid. I would probably put more spacers on the stem if I needed to go higher as I am currently only using one spacer. I have only test ridden this set up and it is a lot better for me than with no spacers.
The kit does not allow for any adjustment on the angle of the pad and the height of the tallest riser is around 30mm. Some details here:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/...-Riser/dp/B001GSQMYI

Chris Walker.
Gibraltar,
Europe
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Understood, makes sense.

Fork column long since butchered (flat!) so I'm a bit stuck with that, guess that was my overall question how confident you felt on those risers given they aren't specifc for the bars.

I think I'll end up staying with the v mount, annoying as I only want to drop say 5/10mm but that needs more than 25mm >> from base bar.

Thanks for your help anyway & have a good season.

Ben
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So would those pads only allow for a bit more height gain? My issue isn't so much with the height, but more the angle that my shoulders are at. I feel like I need the pads to point inwards approximately another 10 - 15 degrees to allow for my shoulders to open up as I think they should. It is possibly due to 10 years riding a pretty lax position on my old Trek. I'm going to try and move the pads backwards a bit next week as that to my mind should allow my arms to open up a bit more. I would be interested to know if there is anything that allows you to move the pads outwards on the bars a bit more? I feel that if I could move the pads out laterally by about an inch then things would be perfect.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The pads are super secure at the moment and i would guess that they would also be secure with the next size of riser (20mm - 25mm) although i would not personally try the tallest set. Another small thing that raised my arm pad height slightly was changing the standard foam arm pads for Cee Gees Cushys aero pads. They are much more comfortable and quite a bit thicker.

Chris Walker.
Gibraltar,
Europe
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [veryoriginal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for all your work on the P5 Di2 hacks...

if I wanted programmable shifters out on the brake levers, is hacking a second set of TT shifters wired to Cateye remote buttons feasible? I'll be going the Ultegra Di2 route.

thanks,
Eric

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eric,
Yes, you can use the TT shifters spliced into the cateye buttons for brake lever shifters. I may have said before that the software had problems recognizing a second set of tt shifters, but I think now that is not the case. I thought it was a software problem at first, and that was because I was assuming the buttons were working properly. I thought it was too coincidental that each side of my hacked buttons had one button not working, so I attributed this to a software problem. After some more troubleshooting with the software, I determined that my hacks must have been broken during the installation process.
btw: shouldn't it be ericMpro ?
Last edited by: Russ Brandt: Feb 4, 15 12:15
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Russ Brandt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am building my P5 and I am wondering if I can start with 4 spacers behind the aerobar and in the futur cut the fork again and remove one or two spacers.

From what I understand since I glue the tube in the fork, I cannot reduce the fork anymore.

Am I right ?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [bixente] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the insert is 75mm long. even if you removed 40mm later you would still have the insert behind the stem clamping area. just have to remove and reroute hydraulics to get spacers out, unless you cut slots in them first

see other pics in this thread
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dear Damon and other knowledgeable P5 Builders,

I am trying to install an Ultegra 6800 crankset and Stages power meter on to my P5 that has a Rotor 4624L bottom bracket. I am currently not using any other spacers.

Unfortunately, there are two problems that I am experiencing.

1. The spindle on the Ultegra crankset seems too short. When the non-drive side crank is installed, the spindle does not engage entire depth of the receiving hole in the crank.

2. There is not enough clearance between the inside of the Stages power meter and the non-drive side chain stay so the crank will strike the frame with every rotation if I were to ride it.

I called Stages and they said you simply cannot run an Ultegra crankset on a P5, which I know to be false since I have seen pro's run P5's with my exact set up (Ultegra 6800 with stages PM).

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong or what additional parts I need to make this work?

This forum has been so helpful so far, I hope you all can come through for me again here! Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [David Byer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
David,

Continued thanks for the advice and support on this thread.

I am going on 2 years with my P5. The only issue I have had is a re-occurring clicking coming (I strongly believe) from the bottom bracket area. Seems to not happen until over 90 minutes into a ride. Then, it clicks for a while and comes and goes for the rest of the ride. It goes away when standing. I don't "feel" it, just hear it. I have always been credible when I "hear" things, but am not quite as reliable when tracking down the source. I have tried switching wheels and cassette with no luck. My cranks are Rotor PM cranks (recommended by you and I love!). I am a bit puzzled and so is my shop. Any thoughts?

Thank you so much for the help!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ake_n_bake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have a bbright version of the 4624 or the bb30 version?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am not certain, but I think running a Shimano + Stages system on a P5 would be impossible. There is very little clearance b/w NDS crankarm and frame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would guess that you have the BB with both bearings 'outside' the frame (4624 Rotor, makes BB30 into Shimano fit), rather than the non driveside 'within' the frame and the driveside outside, in the cup.
And when you have the correct BB, good luck with getting the Stages on there, often they interfere with the non driveside chainstay due to the added width of the crankarm - sometimes they are ok, more often, not ok.

'to give anything less than the best is to sacrifice the gift'...Pre
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [bta water bottle and computer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am new to this forum and not proficient in searching it, so I apologize if this topic has been discussed or Im posting in the wrong place.

I recently became a proud owner of the P5 and would like to set up a water bottle and computer between the aerobars. My only limitation is that I use the Powertap Joule, which takes a different mount than, for example, a Garmin (therefore the SpeedFil cage with the computer mount built into it will not work). After searching and limiting options, I have the solution down to a 3T Computer Mount Bridge onto which I can attach the Joule mount and simply mounting a gorilla cage onto the aero bars as provided on the P5.

I was just hoping someone here could help me with a few questions I cannot find answers to using Google and manufacturer websites. First, will the 3T Computer Mount Fit on the P5 aero bars? The dimensions say 80MM from center to center, but that is not the exact distance between the centers of my aero bars, although there may be some error in my measurement. Second, does anyone have directions on how to install the cage onto the aero bars? For example, what screws, bolts, spacers, etc., I would need to use? Finally, if anyone has any alternatives on solutions, please let me as I am open to ideas.

Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [scalyfoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello,

Can someone confirm no plug is needed for front derailleur with mechanical group.

And also for what I need these pieces :

Thanks in advance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stages - Won't work with a medium or larger P5 frameset - not enough clearance full stop.
Last edited by: trimel: Feb 16, 15 16:48
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [trimel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am having an the following issue and was hoping someone had a solution.

After several sessions on the computrainer, I noticed that the handlebars and fork can be rotated apart from each other. In other words, I could hold the handle bars still with one hand while turning the front wheel with the other. I took the bike in to the store that assembled it and they torqued down the two bolts on the stem, but now, after two more sessions on the computrainer, the same behavior is back. I dont have a torque wrench to check the pressure on the bolts but they appeared tight and I didnt want to make them tighter. Has anyone had this issue?
Quote Reply

Prev Next