Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [SDinhofer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi SDinhofer,

Those were custom made for Christian Vandevelde. They're simply aluminum plates with a bunch of holes drilled in them.

The Aduro's arm pads have 25 mm bolt hole spacing. This spacing is used by several other aerobar brands: 3T, Zipp, FSA, maybe others.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [SDinhofer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you can use Zipp Vuka wings turned diagonally and with a hole drilled in the middle. I posted this somewhere up thread.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
or flipped 180 from the standard wide mounting way. been riding this way for 2 years
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used the Zipp extensions, turned them diagonally and drilled a couple of new holes in the extensions to: 1) narrow up the arm pads; and 2) move the arm pads back for a more comfortable position--arm pads more toward my elbows. Been using them all year without any issues. An inexpensive way to allow for more adjustment of the Aduro bars.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [thechromedome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, does anybody have a saddle bag storage setup for their P5 that they're particularly proud of for storing a flat kit? I have an Adamo seat but I may go back to Fizik. Their clip on scrotum bag is a little big. Scicon has that cool clip on but I fear it won't work with an aero post and the seat fwd.

I know about the cool custom system that will fit over the BB but not sure it's readily available.

I'm looking for something minimal. The P5 is too slamming hot to put a dad gum suitcase under the seat. I would just wanna carry a tube, tire lever, co2 cartridge and minimal chuck, and a $5 bill.

Whatcha got? Thanks for any helpful posts!

Cheers,

thechromedome
http://www.favoritefinishlines.blogspot.com
http://www.cupcakecartel.org
My 20% off code for 2018 FS Series races: tricred18
"there are no drafters in heaven" - C Bonner
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [thechromedome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
modified P4 bottle at the BB

thechromedome wrote:
So, does anybody have a saddle bag storage setup for their P5 that they're particularly proud of for storing a flat kit? I have an Adamo seat but I may go back to Fizik. Their clip on scrotum bag is a little big. Scicon has that cool clip on but I fear it won't work with an aero post and the seat fwd.

I know about the cool custom system that will fit over the BB but not sure it's readily available.

I'm looking for something minimal. The P5 is too slamming hot to put a dad gum suitcase under the seat. I would just wanna carry a tube, tire lever, co2 cartridge and minimal chuck, and a $5 bill.

Whatcha got? Thanks for any helpful posts!

Cheers,

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [zivsade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the 480D. To test it, I just put 2 levers, 1 inflator adapter thingy, 2 16 gram CO2 cartridges, 1 spare latex tube and 1 Clif bar (I was too lazy to retrieve another tube, figuring that a Clif bar was about the same size and less malleable than a tube).

I have tried or read reviews of most pack options for the tube and the Dark Speed Works pack was just what I was looking for. It is big, accessible, and you can use the whole pack (I.e., from the front to the back)

It is great for training and for racing.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [TriFloyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriFloyd wrote:
I have the 480D. To test it, I just put 2 levers, 1 inflator adapter thingy, 2 16 gram CO2 cartridges, 1 spare latex tube and 1 Clif bar (I was too lazy to retrieve another tube, figuring that a Clif bar was about the same size and less malleable than a tube).

I have tried or read reviews of most pack options for the tube and the Dark Speed Works pack was just what I was looking for. It is big, accessible, and you can use the whole pack (I.e., from the front to the back)

It is great for training and for racing.

Latex tubes and CO2 inflators don't play well together.
Swap that out for butyl for your emergency spare tube - you'll be glad you did.
(plus butyl is less finicky to mount than latex, and given you'll be on the side of the road doing this, again; you'll be happier w/ butyl)

+1 on the DSW aero bento for the P5.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@Murphy'sLaw - great hint about using butyl instead of latex for the spare. Thanks for sharing.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't even think about the issues with latex and the CO2 inflation. That is a great tip and frustration saver. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 70.3 this Saturday and there is scheduled rain for Friday and Saturday. I'll be bringing my P5-six into transition the day before. Do I need to cover any particular part of my bike to protect it from rain. I would hate to have a Di2 malfunction on my final race of the year. I also have added cateye shifters on the horns. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would anybody who has a P5 comment on the handling? I have bought one and used it yesterday for the first time in the local lanes and it is really difficult to steer. All fine when not moving and steering seems fine and bars move easily all as they should but when riding it I am wrestling with the supplied 3T bars and getting out of the saddle and off the aero extensions is terrifying. It is ok in a straight line but turning is really difficult.

I had it built up so didn't do it myself. The shop says it is likely to be the head and forks angle but I am not sure whether there is something put together incorrectly.

I am currently riding a P4 and that is fine and totally different handling.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jimM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've owned P3, P3c, P4 and now P5. No issues with the handling of my P5. If anything it seems to handle better than my P4.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What size is your P4, and what size is the P5?
Which aerobars?
Do you have a picture of the setup?

I would wager something is wrong, either a part is loose, or position is out of whack, wrong size frame etc. There isn't anything especially odd about the p5 geometry compared to the p4 that should cause a problem.

jimM wrote:
Would anybody who has a P5 comment on the handling? I have bought one and used it yesterday for the first time in the local lanes and it is really difficult to steer. All fine when not moving and steering seems fine and bars move easily all as they should but when riding it I am wrestling with the supplied 3T bars and getting out of the saddle and off the aero extensions is terrifying. It is ok in a straight line but turning is really difficult.

I had it built up so didn't do it myself. The shop says it is likely to be the head and forks angle but I am not sure whether there is something put together incorrectly.

I am currently riding a P4 and that is fine and totally different handling.

Thanks

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [highflyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just to follow up from David's reply re: the Torpedo

There are 2 methods we have seen which people have been happy with.

- If you buy the complete Torpedo System you can actually mount the Torpedo Mini Mount directly onto the integrated hydration bracket, then use the front straps around the aero extensions and utilize the included Aero Computer Mount up front.
- The other option is to buy a Torpedo Cage and Refill Upgrade Kit (basically the bottle & its accessories) and use a computer mount, like our C-Fast mount that will be avbl soon (shameless plug) that attaches to your aerobar extension. This is the way we have our P5 setup

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Candice - XLAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Candice - XLAB wrote:
Just to follow up from David's reply re: the Torpedo

There are 2 methods we have seen which people have been happy with.

- If you buy the complete Torpedo System you can actually mount the Torpedo Mini Mount directly onto the integrated hydration bracket, then use the front straps around the aero extensions and utilize the included Aero Computer Mount up front.
- The other option is to buy a Torpedo Cage and Refill Upgrade Kit (basically the bottle & its accessories) and use a computer mount, like our C-Fast mount that will be avbl soon (shameless plug) that attaches to your aerobar extension. This is the way we have our P5 setup

Great info! Thanks so much for this!! I used the Torpedo system on my P4 and loved it.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [David Byer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What about Quarq magnet attachment on the P5?

I know that a Quarq magnet coming off can be quite dangerous.

Is it a safe/effective option to place a magnet inside the frame that locks onto a magnet on the outside of the frame?

Thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Something was set up wrong on your P5. Mine handles great. Depending on the component package it may be use/non-use a the grommet behind (under) the stem.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jack the P4 is 58 and the P5 is 54. It is a P5 six and the bars are the 3T that came with the frame. This is the set up.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chances are you have way more weight over the front wheel on the 54.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It looks like you had to size way down to get the stack low enough, is that correct?

That would definitely cause a difference in handling feel. I would double check that everything is tight - headset, extensions etc, and ride it a few more days. Sometimes it takes a little bit for your brian to adjust then the new geometry feels fine. If it doesn't get better, you might need to either size up to a 56 with a different aerobar, or switch frames :(

jimM wrote:
Jack the P4 is 58 and the P5 is 54. It is a P5 six and the bars are the 3T that came with the frame. This is the set up.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great photo, it help rule out a few assembly errors.

Double check the headset has all the parts in the right order and orientation. Your Cervelo retailer should be happy to check this for you.

As already mentioned, the steering geometry is dead normal. I'll add that the frame torsional stiffness is right up there, a touch stiffer than your P4, so should be no cause for concern.

Then let the brain adjust your reflexes and reactions to the smaller size. Normally takes about 50 corners, some out of the saddle, and you're good.

It would be great to find there's a tapered ring upside down or missing (etc.), then it's easy to fix.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [highflyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If your Quarq has an LED and CR2032 battery, you don't need a magnet anymore with the new firmware. It uses accelerometers for cadence!
http://www.quarq.com/pages/support/firmware-updates

Quote | Reply
Make sure the cable guides are removed on the top tube where your brake and electrical lines penetrate the frame (2 pieces) Mine were left in when my bike was built up and I didn't notice my until my brake line got cut becUse if it. The brake line ended up limiting how much I could turn the handle bars, not the stops built into the fork.
But that was only when I tried to turn it. I have to admit I have never ridden a TT bike that wants to track as straight as my p5.
Quote Reply
Re: BTA bottle position/direction [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon_rinard wrote:
The P5 is fastest with no bottle and no cage on the down tube. Adding an aero bottle, such as the Arundel, adds about 25 grams or 2.5 Watts.
Is there also an increase in drag for the NP3 with Arundel on the downtube?

/Howie Nordström
Quote Reply

Prev Next