Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Decided to give 1x11 a try. So far so good!

Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [brianreina] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i ve seen people using ZIPP WUKA extension plates
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Orbilius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Orbilius wrote:
Decided to give 1x11 a try. So far so good!

Looks so different with the front shifter and front derailler not being there........ Is the rear derailler a long cage.......or is it me? What's your gearing on the cassette if you don't mind me asking.....

Looking good!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Jimster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It does look a bit goofy, but you don't notice it when riding.

The gearing is 54 x-sync front with a Force 22 medium cage RD. The cassette is 11-32. I didn't do the clutch RD - the standard Force does just fine. Did the medium cage RD as it is compatible with smaller cassettes (1-25) that I will use for flat TTs. The gearing I have on it now is very close in range to the 54x 11-25 I was using before.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dressed in race gear

Thanks James for the hookup on the Super 9!

Quote Reply
Post deleted by cpatel529 [ In reply to ]
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Repainted the P5...still one of my best rides.
Re

Last edited by: campled: Nov 6, 15 15:28
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That looks awesome! What is mounted on the bottom of your frame? It looks like it may be a flat kit masked with the paint.

On another note. Does anyone know what hardware is required to mount the front magura brake caliper covers? My hobbyshop sold me the covers but it didn't come with any hardware. Looks like I need 3 screws on each side but not sure what they connect to.

Thanks!

Chirag
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [cpatel529] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know where I can get p5 beard for a 56 frame? Or if you have an extra that you want to get rid of please, message me. Thanks!

Chirag
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
covers just snap onto the left and right brake caliper respectively; its the beard that attaches with the screws
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I too am doing spacers under the pads, but couldn't find 3T spacers that worked. What are you using?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [R2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
R2 wrote:
covers just snap onto the left and right brake caliper respectively; its the beard that attaches with the screws

Thats what I thought as well... Here is what my bike shop sold me.. Am I missing parts?

Here are links to my google drive for pictures (sorry ST wont let me embed the image with the attach image option)...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6ICjqDnlPpAbl9JeWVCZDFWUmM

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6ICjqDnlPpASFZHYlZlNWZuek0

Thanks!

Chirag
Last edited by: cpatel529: Nov 6, 15 20:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are 3t aluminum spacers.I kept them from previous 3t sets,didnt come with the Adura. Or you can use sawed if carbon aero seatpost ends.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah you miss the bits that snap on to calipers, see here

https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=magura+p5+brake+covers&rlz=1C1ASUC_enSG553SG553&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=935&tbm=isch&imgil=YppSPp5crfYCDM%253A%253BTiv-ZAg_XNzlrM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.slowtwitch.com%25252FProducts%25252FTri_Bike_by_brand%25252FCervelo%25252FThe_Cervelo_P5_test_bike_3460.html&source=iu&pf=m&fir=YppSPp5crfYCDM%253A%252CTiv-ZAg_XNzlrM%252C_&usg=__nKUPjO6kT0oCPoXrX9MiLGuzWeo%3D&ved=0CCUQyjdqFQoTCO-6oqK4_cgCFVgEjgodb5YBEw&ei=T3k9Vq_XC9iIuATvrIaYAQ#imgrc=sv9zqb7hRsA4dM%3A&usg=__nKUPjO6kT0oCPoXrX9MiLGuzWeo%3D
Last edited by: R2: Nov 6, 15 20:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
R2 wrote:
yeah you miss the bits that snap on to calipers, see here

https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=magura+p5+brake+covers&rlz=1C1ASUC_enSG553SG553&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=935&tbm=isch&imgil=YppSPp5crfYCDM%253A%253BTiv-ZAg_XNzlrM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.slowtwitch.com%25252FProducts%25252FTri_Bike_by_brand%25252FCervelo%25252FThe_Cervelo_P5_test_bike_3460.html&source=iu&pf=m&fir=YppSPp5crfYCDM%253A%252CTiv-ZAg_XNzlrM%252C_&usg=__nKUPjO6kT0oCPoXrX9MiLGuzWeo%3D&ved=0CCUQyjdqFQoTCO-6oqK4_cgCFVgEjgodb5YBEw&ei=T3k9Vq_XC9iIuATvrIaYAQ#imgrc=sv9zqb7hRsA4dM%3A&usg=__nKUPjO6kT0oCPoXrX9MiLGuzWeo%3D

Ahh.. yes. That piece looks important. I will have to go back to my bike shop this weekend and see if they have that piece also. Thanks!

Chirag
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Campled, P5 looking sweet! One of a kind........
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do You Mean the Trek Branded Bento Box with the rubberized opening. If so I have one mounted and used, It ejected all but one gel so I am going back to the X-Lab zippered one.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [dtbrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah i meant i t- thanks for it .. using torhans now; but i feel for full IM i need more gels; might go for darkspeed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweet ride

campled wrote:
Repainted the P5...still one of my best rides.
Re
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Orbilius wrote:
I too am doing spacers under the pads, but couldn't find 3T spacers that worked. What are you using?

I am using http://www.visiontechusa.com/...st-stack-spacer-kit/ (leftovers from old handlebars).
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [mikeschuster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone been able to source the beard or magura shroud separately?
I'm going to try and modify a torhans aero30 to get close to the head tube on my 51 p5-3 and thought they may be a good place to start.
As usual my local stockist for cervelo isn't particularly interested.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [hutchy_belfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hutchy_belfast wrote:
Has anyone been able to source the beard or magura shroud separately?
I'm going to try and modify a torhans aero30 to get close to the head tube on my 51 p5-3 and thought they may be a good place to start.
As usual my local stockist for cervelo isn't particularly interested.

I was able to get both the beard and the magura brake cover and attachment hardware through my local bike shop. Going to hopefully get my Torhans Aero 30 mounted this weekend if all the necessary parts arrive in time.
Last edited by: cpatel529: Nov 11, 15 13:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great thanks. Were they expensive? If you'd let me know how you get on with a photo or two and some tips that would be fantastic
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [hutchy_belfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hutchy_belfast wrote:
Great thanks. Were they expensive? If you'd let me know how you get on with a photo or two and some tips that would be fantastic

The beard was estimated at around $80.00 and the Magura Brake Covers were estimated at $40.00. Dont know the exact totals yet since my bike shop hasnt officially received the parts. I actually purchased a modified Torhan Aero 30 from Zach Boring. He modified it to allow it to fit around the cross bar on the Magura base bar. Just havent had all the other parts that were required to install it into the bike and reduce the gap between the bottle and the frame. Will send pics when I get everything installed this weekend.

Chirag
Quote Reply

Prev Next