jeffp wrote:
http://www.magura.com/...6_RT8_2013_en_02.pdf

page 20, also referred to in drawings as F(1) on page 8

I have to put another washer?

Cervelo P5d and R5 Owner

Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [caodecaca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if you don't want parts rubbing/touching headtube. usually there are different thickness washers and you probably have too thin of one installed. sometimes one uses more than one to either get brake pad holders to not hit fork or in your case, get pretend aero enhancers to not rub headtube ;)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
after put more 2 washers, the space is enough, but something is not correct.... maybe the plastic is defective.

http://i.imgur.com/Xhea0Ial.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WH0jdYLl.jpg

Cervelo P5d and R5 Owner

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
something funky there, not sure what it is though
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jeffp wrote:
something funky there, not sure what it is though
agree

Cervelo P5d and R5 Owner

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
looks like a wrong size - i think the covers go by the size of the frame
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [R2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
R2 wrote:
looks like a wrong size - i think the covers go by the size of the frame
the covers are not all the same size?????? great...

Cervelo P5d and R5 Owner

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would think the part you are dealing with would all be the same size. I would think the different sizes would be the top half of the beard attached to stem. all brakes are the same size so the part that snaps or screws onto brake should be the same, I think
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jeffp wrote:
I would think the part you are dealing with would all be the same size. I would think the different sizes would be the top half of the beard attached to stem. all brakes are the same size so the part that snaps or screws onto brake should be the same, I think

yes, i think that you are right

Cervelo P5d and R5 Owner

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I need some help, I finally got my Enve 7.8 clinchers and have to use 23mm due to the clearance. My question is if any of you use 7.8's did you have to remove the spacers from the brake pads to make them fit. I had to strip out the spacer and washers to make the front wheel fit and then unscrew the brake adjuster out as well. Just wanting some assurance that this is the right way to do it.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [leahnp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was getting some tiny brake rub with my Zipp 808s. My first attempt to alleviate involved opening the brakes at the brake pulls using the hex bolt but when they opened enough the handles would rattle. So I ended up doing what you just did and took out the washers from the brake pads. I believe I just swapped the thicker washer on the inside with the thinner washer on the outside. Problem solved and washers won't get lost.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Russ Brandt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can also try grinding some material off the brake pads to make them thinner. I am using HED+ rims without any problem. I back out the adjusters at the brake levers when using the wide race wheels and screw them in when using my narrower training wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ludlaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Im looking to buy a set of 3T aduro bars as i bought a new P5 frameset, but dont want to retire my old P5-6 just yet (turbo)

Ive searched high and low on the web, nothing..... ive just had to send an email to 3T but am still waiting for a reply.

Cheers,
Timujin
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just finished building my first P5 from the frame up.

Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [NOLA_TRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great looking build.
Where did you get that stand from! I have been looking for one for ages since seeing them at a show. The rep I spoke to said I could get them from Cervelo but so far I have drawn a blank. My LBS and Cervelo don't seem to be able to help!

Phil
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very nice ride.

What is the black tab assembly just aft of your seatpost clamp?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a "Velotak" race number holder. It avoids sticking race numbers to the frame. Here's a picture along with a few others, including a modified cateye mount that mounts directly to the torpedo bottle.

Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Phil Hodson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i got it from a friend of mine who owns a bike shop in my area
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anhh I see. Very handy :-)
If he or you have any more feel free to drop me a PM.

Phil
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [leahnp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i am using 25mm on the back wheel and it is fine ... needed to back the wheel a bit with the screws
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I notice that the saddle is inclined downwards, but that's probably ok for you?
Furthermore the armpads are hardly lower than the saddle. Can't you put them
lower to get better aerodynamics? Mine are 12 cm lower than the saddle. All depends
on body flexibility though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm really not trying to troll, but when I look at a super bike like the P5 set up with so many spacers and the high v it just seems so wrong and a pointless waste of money. In that position the drag from your body is going to dwarf any savings you get for that bike over a P3. Surely better to sort out your flexibility so you can get aero and then indulge in a P5.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [RobW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I said the same thing to my wife last night, it's like people are actively trying to get a slower positions on their Tri bikes. I have more drop on my road bike than that.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [timujin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timujin wrote:
Hi,

Im looking to buy a set of 3T aduro bars as i bought a new P5 frameset, but dont want to retire my old P5-6 just yet (turbo)

Ive searched high and low on the web, nothing..... ive just had to send an email to 3T but am still waiting for a reply.

Cheers,
Timujin

It's kind of unbuyable.

Scour ebay.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
James Haycraft wrote:

It's kind of unbuyable.

Scour ebay.

kind of looks that way.... why have cervelo not gone down the integrated bars.... makes no sense to me
Quote Reply

Prev Next