Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [cpatel529] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cpatel529 wrote:
hutchy_belfast wrote:
Great thanks. Were they expensive? If you'd let me know how you get on with a photo or two and some tips that would be fantastic

The beard was estimated at around $80.00 and the Magura Brake Covers were estimated at $40.00. Dont know the exact totals yet since my bike shop hasnt officially received the parts. I actually purchased a modified Torhan Aero 30 from Zach Boring. He modified it to allow it to fit around the cross bar on the Magura base bar. Just havent had all the other parts that were required to install it into the bike and reduce the gap between the bottle and the frame. Will send pics when I get everything installed this weekend.

Chirag

Finished my complete bike mod today... I posted pics in the "Official P3 Cervelo Thread"...

Here is a link....
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/..._reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

Its Post #329... I dont know how to embed pics from Google Drive so I just had to use links. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Chirag
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [cpatel529] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How does the beard attach? I have a P5-3 with TriRig Alpha stem so I am wondering if I can rig up the beard or if it is only compatible with the Aduro configuration.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [TeamHall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The beard attaches to a small triangular piece (via 3 bolts) which attaches to the 3T Aduro basebar.

I'm unsure of a way to rig the beard if you don't use the Aduro.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello.
Recently i bought this amazing bike

I want to know that king of hydration supports that most people use.
Maybe i will buy this:
-Xlab Stealth Pocket 300
-Xlab Delta Sonic Adapter (or version XL, i don´t know the difference)
or
-Profile Design RM10

I have a Profile Design Aero HC System and i will put on the front

thanks a lot

Cervelo P5d and R5 Owner

Last edited by: caodecaca: Dec 30, 15 8:36
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [caodecaca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get the XLAB Delta 400 that attaches to the saddle rails. Check out the new XLAB Versa that is coming out in February for a BTA system. Also check out the new Stealth Pocket Carbon series. Dark Speed Works also makes some nice bags

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Dec 30, 15 8:48
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Get the XLAB Delta 400 that attaches to the saddle rails. Check out the new XLAB Versa that is coming out in February for a BTA system. Also check out the new Stealth Pocket Carbon series. Dark Speed Works also makes some nice bags

What´s difference to Delta 400? is more secure?

Cervelo P5d and R5 Owner

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some people have cracked the mounting hole on the seat tube with the Delta XL mount.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i've gotten it to work, but not without making a custom 3d printed solution.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zachboring wrote:
i've gotten it to work, but not without making a custom 3d printed solution.
3d Printed solution???

Cervelo P5d and R5 Owner

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another question, i want to upgrade my bike with ultegra di2. i will sold the durace mechanical and after that put electrical system.
I want BTR2 battery because i want to charge without taking out the back wheel.

best regards

Cervelo P5d and R5 Owner

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello all, I just purchased a used P5 and am trying to put my Red 22 Quarq gxp on it. However with enduro cups, the spider scores the frame at the chain stay. my lbs is going to try the rotor 4624/22 but they don't think that will give enough clearance either. is Red 22 gxp not compatible with P5? I have read this whole thread and didn't see anything that dealt specifically with a red 22 quarq. thanks!
Last edited by: indiapaleale: Jan 15, 16 16:52
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [indiapaleale] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a red 22 quarq on my P5 without issue. We did have to put a few spacers on the crank, but the spindle is long enough to hold tension.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Orbilius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GXP or BB30? i am told that the Gxp spindle isn't long enough.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmm. I think BB30.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The P5 uses BBRight for its bottom bracket. You can use a BB30 crank with it. I've never heard of anyone using GXP

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the newP3 which should have the same BB area. I've got the Rotor 4624 Road bearings in it. I'm just about to change over from a FSA Gossamer Megaexo crank to a Sram Red 22 GXP. According to my measurements I'm not expecting any fit problems. I'll find out on Monday.

You may have seen this already.
http://bbright.net/supportingbrands.aspx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gxp works just fine. You just need some adapters.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use press fit BBRight GXP

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just bought a P3 frame, and migrated everything I had from my 2013 P2 to this one. Including the GXP Sram Quarq PM. There are a series of adapters that allow this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey all, thanks for the input. just to be clear
- yes, gxp is adaptable to bbright with the enduro adapters or a rotor 4624/22 bb, it is on the cervelo site, several people on this thread have attested to it and several kinds of gxp cranks have been adapted to p5/bbright. the gxp to bbright is not really the issue, my local mechanic can get it in there, no problem, with the enduro adapters.

- the issue is that once in, the spider on my crank, specifically the bolts on the inside of the spider, graze my frame.

- my suspicion from this is that the sram red 22 gxp quarq is slightly different clearance-wise that other gxp crank. my mechanic showed me how other types of gxp cranks have plenty of clearance.

- i just was wondering if anyone had pulled off this specific fit (red 22 gxp quarq-->bbright) in hopes of learning some tricks, etc.
was really hoping someone from cervelo might see this as well and have input.

anyway, i appreciate all of your input. cheers!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guarantee you it's not the Quarq. Something is wrong on your end. Are the seals in place on the bearing? Have you tried slightly shimming the drive side?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hmm, ok. I had a long talk with my mech, he is really good and thorough. he had talked to cervelo and they rec'd trying to shim with the rotor bb. cervelo's engineer was actually skeptical it would fit after talking to him, unfortunately. we are going to see if it works, but he is worried that won't be enough. we need to get 4-5mm more clearance to be safe i think.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey zach, the rotor 4624 bottom bracket worked like a charm. plenty of clearance, not sure why cups did not. Red 22 Gxp quarq compatible with bbright (as you said). thanks! b
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am late to the P5 group, but better late then never. I am building up a P5 6 54cm, coming from a 51cm old P3. According to the P5 chart stack/reach, I can run a low setup with about 3-4 spacers. When looking at the low and high V setup, the pads are located in the same place. I thought the pads would be further out on the high V, like the P5 chart says. I'm building it up with mech Sram Red 22 with R2c shifters. Any tips? I'm getting my bike fit next Thursday before I cut the fork.

Also looking for recommendations for rear hydration? I have a cobb jof55 saddle. Might go with Xlab delta 400 for races and a Xlab turbo wing for training. Xlab sonic looks like it might put too much stress on the seatpost.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jdais] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd go with the XLAB Delta 400. If you need a third bottle, just get the Aero TT bottle or a regular bottle for the downtube.

Quote Reply

Prev Next