Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
I'd go with the XLAB Delta 400. If you need a third bottle, just get the Aero TT bottle or a regular bottle for the downtube.

Same... I use the Xlab Delta 400 for a rear bottle and then have a Torhans Aero 30 BTA that can also be replaced with a standard cage and bottle if necessary.

Chirag
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [cpatel529] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 3T elbow pads are not soft at all. Anyone upgrade to cee gees cushy or other brand? Is there an aero penalty by going with thicker pads?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jdais] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cee gee are definitely softer but you may want to drop the front 5mm to compensate for their extra height. It's noticeable for sure. Not sure on aero penalty of the thickness directly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jdais wrote:
The 3T elbow pads are not soft at all. Anyone upgrade to cee gees cushy or other brand? Is there an aero penalty by going with thicker pads?

Yes, but only because you've likely changed your position.

The Cee Gee's are more comfortable than the OEM pads.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [indiapaleale] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
indiapaleale wrote:
Hey zach, the rotor 4624 bottom bracket worked like a charm. plenty of clearance, not sure why cups did not. Red 22 Gxp quarq compatible with bbright (as you said). thanks! b

For the record, the enduro adapters would have worked as well. I used them on my P5 with a GXP SRAM Red Quarq. You just have to install drive side spacers behind the adapter cups.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [caodecaca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
caodecaca wrote:
Another question, i want to upgrade my bike with ultegra di2. i will sold the durace mechanical and after that put electrical system.
I want BTR2 battery because i want to charge without taking out the back wheel.

best regards

What is the question?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
forget the other question.

Now I have installed a BTR1 inside the frame. There are any DIY to see the % of the led battery inside the steam?
I am consider to buy a little optical fiber, put some glue, and after that put the optical fiber outside. So i can see the led colour.
Or buy the SM-EW001 and install in the circuit.

Cervelo P5d and R5 Owner

Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I haven't cut the fork yet and my bike fit is next week, so I'll account for the added stack with the cee gees.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
d-fly will give actual % to your compatible head unit, assuming you have one. led's, not so much
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jdais wrote:
Anyone upgrade to cee gees cushy or other brand? Is there an aero penalty by going with thicker pads?

Yes.
There is a small penalty due to increased frontal area in a spot that otherwise sees pretty clean flow.

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is the preference with the base bar? I can fit on a low with spacers or a high v with no spacers, but have been thinking if I want my base bar high or low. A High base bar would be better for climbs, but low bar would be better for descents. Most of the tris I race are hilly, but not really technical descending. Anyone have a similar decision when they setup their bike?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I originally had mine set up with many spacers and a high base bar. I just recently had my spacers removed, fork cut and base bars lowered and the pads brought back upwards using the high v. I really like it so far (just one week) My logic was that the base bar was too high and slow for portions of races that I'm not in the aero position. I understand your dilemma if you do a lot of climbing, but you can still sit more upright with a lowered base bar if you wanted (hands up on pads?). I feel now that when I'm on my base bar, my arms are more extended and comfortable rather than bent and tense when the base bar was higher.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really struggled making that choice, but I ended up going with the low base bars and the high V . . . it took a bit of adaptation, but I now love it! I do lots of climbing and have no issues at all. I actually like climbing on this bike better than climbing on the road bike.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have a XLAB Versa?
I have the Profile Design Aero HC System, is more the same?
I want to install this in my cervelo BTA, i only put the bottle, or I have to install everything?

Cervelo P5d and R5 Owner

Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [cpatel529] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got the xlab delta 425 and it fits good behind my Cobb jof55. For BTA I have a PD HC, is anyone using the the PD FC25 or 35? Wasn't sure if it will fit on the aduro bars or is worth upgrading to from the HC.

Last edited by: jdais: Feb 10, 16 6:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have the same question

Cervelo P5d and R5 Owner

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quick question. Has anyone installed Di2 on their P5? I currently have mechanical Dura Ace 9000 and am thinking of going electric for this season having done the same on my road bike and got thoroughly hooked on the shifting experience. Is it an easy job? I self installed the 9070 groupo on a Felt AR1 which was internal, so am not a dunce with a wrench, but would like a bit more info as to what I am undertaking before pulling everything apart.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Ironmike78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup I've recently installed an entire Di2 groupset on mine and it took me about 1 hr, despite having never done it before (plus a bit of time adjusting the front & rear derailleur).

The hardest part (which is not even that hard) is fishing all the cables through bars and the frame.

It is particularly easy to do it on the P5 since you have plenty of access to the area near the bottom bracket via the battery compartment behind the rear wheel.

Internal battery goes inside the seat tube and make sure you wrap it with some bubble wrap and that it fits snugly to avoid any rattling.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by MR2014 [ In reply to ]
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [David Byer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there a way to order the matte finish aduro base bar? My LBS can't seem to source one and it's the last part I need for the upgrade.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [NOLA_TRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have this problem?
The "flaps" scratch my frame when i turn to any direction. The gap between the plastic piece and the frame is not enough.
Maybe because of the wheel is too wide (zipp 404). Any solution?

Cervelo P5d and R5 Owner

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spacers between your brake and your fork

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
to quote Homer, "Doh!!" and "It's funny because it's true"
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericM40-44 wrote:
Spacers between your brake and your fork
what kind of spacers?

Cervelo P5d and R5 Owner

Quote Reply