Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [swimdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Jerry,

Assuming you're in the states, perhaps the simplest solution is to have Rotor Bike USA change the spider on your crank to a 130 BCD. Give those guys a call, they've always been super helpful to us:

1-866-391-0493

Much easier than a whole new crank. :-)

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Change it to Rotor w/ power :)

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Last edited by: ericM40-44: Jun 27, 14 7:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Damon,

I ended up finding some of the 175/130bcd FSA Kforce lights that were made for Cervelo BBright. It was cheaper than having the spider replaced and I still have a complete set of compact rotors.

On the low V no matter how tight the cinch nuts are the aero extensions can turn pretty freely. On the high V this does not happen. Any ideas?

Also, do you know the lengths of the different DI wires I would need for a 56 P5? I am converting it from red to 10speed ultegra.

Thanks

Jerry
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [swimdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Jerry,

Nice score finding a whole crank!

For the extensions:
1. Clean surfaces with alcohol. Wipe with a clean paper towel soaked in alcohol. Repeat until it comes away clean.
2. Grease the threads and outside taper.
3. Apply carbon assembly paste to the interface between the extensions and the socket.
4. Tighten. Use a big wrench. Make it tighter until it doesn't turn. (If you go too tight, the nut deforms; but remember, you got two spares with the bike.)

For the Di2 wires:
Here's what we spec for our new builds.

Add a 0 to the ending numbers for the lengths in mm. Example IEWSD50L100 = 1000 mm

P5 SHIMANO CODE QTY
Junction A ---> Junction B Wire IEWSD50L100 1
Junction B ---> FD Wire / Battery Wire IEWSD50L30 2
Junction B ---> RD Wire IEWSD50L60 1
5 port junction box (A) ISMEW90B 1
BB Junction box (B) ISMJC41 1
TT Shifters (set) ISWR671P 1

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For some reason one screw of the top headset has come loose, and subsequently disappeared. It is one the four screws on top, as shown on the picture posted. Does anybody know the size of that screw so that I can reorder one or find a replacement on short notice as I m nowhere near a cycle store or a cervelo dealer.

Additionally how safe would it be to ride the bike with just three screws holding the top down? Not near a cycle store for another 10 days! Would it hold? Damon (Cervelo) any suggestions?

Any help would be great.[/img]

My Blog - My Tweets - My Strava
My Bikes - CF SLX, 622SLX, O-1.0, AL9.0, 4.3Disc, Slice BI, C60
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [alexneum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Silly question maybe, but why don't you take the other side out and have a look, then go buy something that matches? Then use some medium thread lock! If it's the screws you're showing in the picture, I sure wouldn't ride with one screw holding my extensions from collapsing forward!

Dave
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [djmercer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Dave,
silly answer. :) Good point in taking one of the three left over screws out! I have those moments. :) Will take one out and take it to a hardware store here, and hopefully they have a temporary screw that can hold it together.

Only question I have is: What do you mean with medium thread lock?

Thanks in advance

My Blog - My Tweets - My Strava
My Bikes - CF SLX, 622SLX, O-1.0, AL9.0, 4.3Disc, Slice BI, C60
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [alexneum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Medium holds a screw in place so it doesn't back itself out under vibration, but doesn't virtually weld the screw in place, thereby allowing disassembly. Locktite Blue is a medium thread locking compound, whereas Locktite Red is a more permanent thread locker.

Dave
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Local San Diego ace hardware stores have black coated bolts that fit they corode though but for a while they will be ok.

I think ace is a national chain.

I will soon go to a real fastener store to get stainless. Or maybe Ti if they have them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damon,

Has anyone tried stuffing the Shimano SM-BCR2 seat tube battery into the P5 to take advantage of some of the configuration features available in the BCR2? Not having a battery to inspect, I don't know if it will fit inside the aero seat tube or not. I use the P5's BCR1 compartment for CO2 and small part storage.

Dave
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Dave,

Yeah, Brad did it on his P3. Post #44 in this thread:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/cgi-bin/gforum.cgi?post=5080474#5080474

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah-ha! Thanks.

Dave
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I fit the Shimano seat tube battery into my P5 seat post. I bonded it into the seat post with sugru. Works perfectly and has not come loose.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
see post #3230
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ludlaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice! Ordering my parts now!

Dave
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [borncrazy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BornCrazy,

Did you get your answer regarding the size screw do you need for the BTA cage on the P5? I lost mine and need to order a replacement.

Thanks,
Tarochi
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Tarochi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, can't remember, I did buy some shorter bolts that worked but they started to rust so now I'm just using regular length bolts with a spacer (oversized nut) between the cage and the frame. Works well
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [borncrazy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the update. Let me try looking for an aluminum screws and I think it is M5 Flat head screws.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [hgv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hgv wrote:
Is it possible to charge the P5's Dura-Ace Di2 SM-BTR1 battery "remotely" via the 3 or 5 port junction box with SM-BCR2 or is that possible only for the SM-BTR2 battery? I'd love to be able to charge without removing the battery.

How about configuration and firmware upgrades for the P5's Dura-Ace Di2? SM-BCR2 work for that?

Does anyone have an answer to this question? Would like to charge battery remotely as well.
thanks
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Triguy2k] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My understanding is that you can charge via the junction box only with the seatpost battery.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ludlaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Damon,

I've seen several threads like the one below where the front plastic brake fairings have cracked. Mine is also doing the same thing. I know you recommend going through the authorized dealer where the bike was purchased but in my case it takes a while for them to take action. Is there anyway this part can be sent directly from Cervelo under warranty?

http://204.187.14.165/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Cervelo_P5-6_front_Brake_fairing_P4188839-2
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ironman23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi ironman23,

Sorry to hear about your cracking fairings. The best way to get replacements is through your local Cervelo retailer. Have them give our Customer Service guys a call. We have them in stock, and we're ready to send them out ASAP.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Re: BTA bottle position/direction [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericM40-44 wrote:
Damon,

where can I get an XLow kit for my Aduro bars? For educational purposes only, testing in the wind tunnel or velodrome, etc.

thanks,
Eric
I really would like to get an x-low kit for the Aduro bars. I know they are no longer made and appreciate the problems they had but would still like a set. Anyone know where you can get hold of them or does anyone have a set for sale. I am in the UK.
Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Damon.

My Cervelo dealer had an extra brake fairing so I'll be getting it. Are they all the same size for all P5 (Small to XL)?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ironman23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's great news ironman23.

Yep, one size fits all.

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply

Prev Next