Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: BTA bottle position/direction [lllusion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, like most other TT bikes we've tested, about 25 grams @ 30.0 mph, which is about 2.5 Watts @ 40 km/h (~25 mph).

Reference:
http://www.slowtwitch.com/...the_Tunnel_1929.html

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [highflyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Highflyer,

I use a Quarq on all my bikes and use a little two-part epoxy to keep it in place on the chain stay. Scuff the area on the frame with a little sandpaper, clean with alcohol, and apply epoxy when it is dry. I usually use a little stick or something to hold the magnet in place for a few minutes until the epoxy sets enough.

As for placement: you can't go wrong with the magnet being about a dime's width outside of the lip of the bottom bracket shell. It will work at all 360 degrees around the BB but, I like to put it in a place where the chain won't hit it if the chain is knocked off - usually the chain stay works out best.

The only times I have had my magnet come off is once with a dropped chan in a crash (happens to the best of us). It is pretty annoying when it comes off but a good epoxy job will keep in in place.

Hope this helps.
Thanks,

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, does anybody knows which is the minimum insertion length for P5 seatpost and the available seatpost lenghts.

Thanks for your support
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Albpena] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Albpena,

There's one length: 360 mm (rails to end). Of that, 65 mm is required to be in the frame, which leaves 295 mm maximum extension.

Most riders will need to cut the post a bit shorter to get the saddle to their height.

Just for the record, the same post is used in the new P2 and new P3, with the same length and insertion dimensions.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got fittet today, and need about 2,5 cm arm pad stack rise. Can I get arm pad risers somewhere?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Llcooljan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any spacers that fit around 25mm spaced bolts will work. I've used 3T and Vision/FSA spacers; others work too, no doubt. Your retailer and/or fitter may be able to recommend some for you.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Damon - a quick reply, great!

Another ajustment I need to do, is change the ski bend extensions to the other type (the J bend). But it doesn't seem as if the Danish distributor has theese. Are they not produced anymore. What diameter do I have to get, if I get another brand?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Llcooljan,

Any 22.2 mm extensions should fit.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Damon,

A few questions:

1) Would the P5 Six upgrade kit (fork, Aduro, beard/nosecone) be compatible with a new P3 frame? Sorry if this has already been answered - I searched and couldn't find anything.
2) If so, would arm pad stack and reach be identical to the P5 Six?
3) Any idea if TriRig Omega brakes would fit inside the beard/nosecone?

I spotted some deals that got me thinking about this build. Thanks for making yourself available on the forum.

CodyBeals.com | Instagram | TikTok
ASICS | Ventum | Martin's | HED | VARLO | Shimano | 4iiii | Keystone Communications
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Cody Beals] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it would, but they are no longer being sold. became extinct along with the p5-3
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Cody Beals] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Cody,

1) Yes.
2) Yes.
3) Yes (beard), and No (the brake covers clip onto the Magura brake itself).

As Jeff has looked hard for a kit, I suspect it'll be hard to find. But FYI, the P3 fork is identical to the P5-Three fork, and we've seen wind tunnel drag flip-flop between the two set ups in various comparisons. Neither one is always reliably faster.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anybody knows if view-speed skewers S3 or S4 (or both) Will fit a cervelo p5?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Everyone,
I'm looking to get a P5 and would like to ride the Aduro bars, but am unsure if I should go with the 54 or 56 cm frame. My stack is 610 mm and my reach is 529 mm. This would put me on a size 56 with the low Aduro mount with 10 mm of spacers. My concern is the stand-over height. I'm not a tall guy (5' 9") and my inseam is about 30.5" (775 mm), while the 56 cm frame has a stand-over height of 784 mm. How big of a concern is this discrepancy?

Also, would there be a way for me to achieve my stack and reach numbers on a 54 cm? I think I've looked into it pretty exhaustively without any success but I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks everyone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Llcooljan wrote:
Anybody knows if view-speed skewers S3 or S4 (or both) Will fit a cervelo p5?

Yes, I have the S4's on my P5.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ake_n_bake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would go to a store and try it out or borrow a bike and try it out and then decide, but given your height a 56cm frame is going to be big. You should be able to fit on a 54cm frame, maybe by moving your elbows a little more forward than what the stack-reach chart allows. Just for comparison, I am almost 6'1'' and have a 54cm P5, which fits me perfectly (inseam 35'').
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damon;

Did you guys test the DI2 hack on the Garmin team for the magura brakes - I am talking about removing the whole bulky plastick bit from Dura ace di2 brakes and gluing it to the magura brakes.

It does look bulky - and wondering what would be the cost in drag numbers

thank you
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [R2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi R2,

Sorry, we didn't test that. Would be an interesting test. And I'd like to compare it to the smaller button hacks, too.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Short Aerobars - S bends? Any Ideas?
I have had a P5 for a year now. Love the bike. I am on the shorter side at 5'8 and s-bends would not work when we first set the bike up. The reasoning is that the available S-bends that my LBS had on hand, or at quick delivery, when cut on the rear end were still too long and you couldn't cut the front ends of them. Thus we went with straight bars.

I recently removed the Vbar riser (if that is what it was called) to get more drop and find that I'd like to raise the pads up slightly. I have the risers for that, but I need an aerobar extension that will allow for my hands to rise as well, thus I'd like to do an S bend, or the pic enclosed(yes i know they aren't an s bend) that I saw on a woman's bike in Tremblant, but don't know what kind of bars they are.

If anyone can point me at shorter S-bends or something like the image below, I'd appreciate it.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [SDinhofer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi SDinhofer,

We changed to J-bends to accomodate shorter extension reach. Especially as you add pad spacers, the "vertical part of the J-bend makes them really good for variable hand height.

Anyway, the Aduro bar takes standard 22.2 mm diameter, so nearly any 22.2 extensions you find should work well.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Damon, apologies if already answered but I am looking to finally change my 2006 P3 for a newer model. Is there any difference between the 2014 P5 and the new red 2015 version apart from the colour?

Thanks!

Chris Walker.
Gibraltar,
Europe
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Gibraltar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Parts spec has changed, but apart from colour the frameset is identical.

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know where I can find a size 61 Cervelo P5-3 fork that is uncut?

I got a crack at the top of my fork and was forced to cut it by 15mm thus messing with my fit. Cervelo is out of stock on the P5-3 forks.... I need it to be at least 267mm from crown to top.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [-BrandonMarshTX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You still have that P5-3 fork laying around Brandon?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [justinmetzler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
get an NP3 fork, color wont match but it is the same otherwise. not cheap however. don't believe p5-3 will ever be back in existence
Last edited by: jeffp: Oct 28, 14 9:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In buying a used Cervelo P5 6, how can you tell if it is a "real" Cervelo or a knockoff?
Quote Reply

Prev Next