Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA [viperlogic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
viperlogic wrote:
jazzymusicman wrote:
viperlogic wrote:
Anyone running the Di2 wireless module SM-EWW01 with their IA? Where did you locate it and wire it into the existing config?

yup, just dropped it in the downtube under the calpac

No communication issues / dropouts?

Is there something to fix it to so its not bouncing around the place?

Never had a problem with drop outs, my 520 picks it up the first time I shift, and I didn't secure it to anything and I've completely forgotten it's there so if it's rattling, I can't hear it.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an ultegra rear brake, and it's a pain in the @$$ to switch between training wheels and flo 90s. Had felt not comped the ultegra upgrade, I would've put the tririg on the rear as well

just your average age grouper . no one special . no scientific knowledge . just having fun.
Last edited by: way2sloow: Sep 27, 16 10:25
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [way2sloow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great point... I never thought about that.Tririg brake adjustments are a breeze. On a BB brake, that is worth a ton of reduced hassle factor.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have a best bottle setup for the IA form Ironman distance races? I am racing Louisville in a couple of weeks and want to figure out the best solution for race day. I have been training with one bottle behind the saddle, two on the frame and one between the arms. Ideally I would like to have the option to store three bottles on the bike but know there is a delicate balance to how many bottles you should have on the frame before you start to lose time due to drag.

Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Mcluvin22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mcluvin22 wrote:
Anyone have a best bottle setup for the IA form Ironman distance races? I am racing Louisville in a couple of weeks and want to figure out the best solution for race day. I have been training with one bottle behind the saddle, two on the frame and one between the arms. Ideally I would like to have the option to store three bottles on the bike but know there is a delicate balance to how many bottles you should have on the frame before you start to lose time due to drag.

Thoughts?

For Boulder this year, I had water behind the saddle, water bottle with EFS mixed with water on the frame, and BTA with Gatorade. Water and Gatorade I swapped out as needed at aid stations.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Question for anyone in the know - I think I have read somewhere in this thread previously that Felt were looking to release an updated / improved Calpac which could be retro fitted to existing IA models. Does anyone know if this is still in the pipline. Just find my calpac a little tricky to use sometimes, especially when in the aerobars.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [trihard1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trihard1980 wrote:
Question for anyone in the know - I think I have read somewhere in this thread previously that Felt were looking to release an updated / improved Calpac which could be retro fitted to existing IA models. Does anyone know if this is still in the pipline. Just find my calpac a little tricky to use sometimes, especially when in the aerobars.

As of last week it's still in the works plus a draft box
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [viperlogic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
viperlogic wrote:
trihard1980 wrote:

As of last week it's still in the works plus a draft box
I wouldn't hold your breath though!!!
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [trihard1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trihard1980 wrote:

I was told by someone at Felt that a revised Calpac will be available by spring.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
trihard1980 wrote:

I was told by someone at Felt that a revised Calpac will be available by spring.

And before that they said this fall or year end. Like someone else said, I wouldn't hold my breath. How the heck they can produce such epic bikes but come across as this useless when it comes to simple plastic parts is beyond me
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Look at the accessories on the Felt IA at Kona today: https://twitter.com/...s/784833355829215236
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [SBRYYC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's custom for Mirinda Carfrae only

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [jazzymusicman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have voiced the same sentiment, even to FELT themselves. I am out for the season with a back injury and I may dump my IA16 and go back to Cervelo once I get everything squared away.

I never did get fully dialed in on the bike and that has been complicated by back issues. So that would be the main reason but I am just baffled at the lack of accessories and the response to inquiries regarding the same.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Mcluvin22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used one bta bottle, one behind and xlab aero bottle on frame at imcda
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [blackadder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are faster on the Cervelo, that makes sense. If you are slower on the Cervelo, that is nonsense.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed . Never more comfortable than on the old P2, but still trying on the FELT. My general disgust with being sidelined may be spilling over onto the bike issues.....lol.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had a bike fit last week, and ended up with the below fit sizes which were mid pad

Pad Stack - 710mm
Pad Reach - 520mm
Frame Stack - 575mm
Frame Reach - 434mm
Saddle Height - 815mm

I'm 6ft tall and very long in the leg, and currently not very flexible but working on it so looking ot get the stack lower in the future, so was wondering if I would be a good fit for the 58, it comes up as an ok option on the fit calculator but as it is hard for me to try before I buy I didn't want to buy and have it handle like a brick
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [bluepoolshark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluepoolshark wrote:
Had a bike fit last week, and ended up with the below fit sizes which were mid pad

Pad Stack - 710mm
Pad Reach - 520mm
Frame Stack - 575mm
Frame Reach - 434mm
Saddle Height - 815mm

I'm 6ft tall and very long in the leg, and currently not very flexible but working on it so looking ot get the stack lower in the future, so was wondering if I would be a good fit for the 58, it comes up as an ok option on the fit calculator but as it is hard for me to try before I buy I didn't want to buy and have it handle like a brick

If you can increase your flexibility and get the stack down another 15mm, they it moves from OK to GREAT
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [way2sloow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I too have an Ultegra rear but don't find it hard to adjust. With my disc rear or Mavic training wheel it's just a matter of spinning the brake barrel adjuster. With a larger change it's also a matter of flipping the quick release lever.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anyone know what chain catcher fits the Felt IA? Have always used Token chain catchers on my bikes but they dont fit the Felt IA as too narrow of a space between small ring and frame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After this whole season of riding, I have never dropped the chain on my IA16

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have dropped the chain on my IA16 on multiple occasions under heavy load. The first I blame on xxxxxxx Bike, home of some of the sloppiest bike builders in the history of bike builders. The subsequent drops are on me for not taking care of the issue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
k-edge pro chain catcher works good on IA10.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [boki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
boki wrote:
k-edge pro chain catcher works good on IA10.

I second this

http://www.abbeybiketools.com
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
trihard1980 wrote:

I spoke with the felt team in Kona and was told the same. I've learned to live without the Calpac and won't hold my breath for a new one.

I did get a free t-shirt though.

http://www.abbeybiketools.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next