Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi guys,

Just took delivery of my IA 1, only to find that the seat clamp won't take an oval rail!...
I have seen that there is an oval clamp option available in the States, would I be able to get one over here, in the UK?...
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [hopper1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The saddle clamp is a 3T Difflock. You can get the oval rail Difflock spline from Felt or 3T directly

http://www.feltbicycles.com/USA/2016/Parts/road/Seatposts-Clamps/3T-DiffLock-Spline-for-Oval-Rails.aspx

https://store.3tcycling.com/en/spare-parts/seatposts/difflock-mechanism-with-oval-rails-169.html?search_query=difflock&results=23
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [TPerkin2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cheers, mate, I had already found it, and ordered.
Hope it's here tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi guys,
I'm thinking about buying a IA10 frame, but i´m pretty tall. 195cm (¿6'4"?).
I´m wondering if this frame will fit me.
While using the fit calculator should I check IA or IAx?
I need 840-850mm saddle height, and checking the 58 size numbers it seems to be on the limit.
850-586(seat tube)-45 (saddle stack)=219mm. Seatpost lenght claims to be 300mm
Anyone can confirm the maximum saddle heigth?

Also I want to stimate how many spacers I will need.
Someone said in this thread that minimum armpad stack with stock handlebar is arround 625 in size 56, so I guess in size 58 will be arround 645mm.
Am I right?
Thank you
Last edited by: Xexi89: Dec 8, 16 10:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TPerkin2000 wrote:
The saddle clamp is a 3T Difflock. You can get the oval rail Difflock spline from Felt or 3T directly

http://www.feltbicycles.com/USA/2016/Parts/road/Seatposts-Clamps/3T-DiffLock-Spline-for-Oval-Rails.aspx

https://store.3tcycling.com/en/spare-parts/seatposts/difflock-mechanism-with-oval-rails-169.html?search_query=difflock&results=23

I bought the new end caps, but still have a loose saddle, when it's all torqued to 5Nm.
The Saddle is a Sitter Pro, with 9 x 7mm rails.
Should I have bought the clamp in it's entirety?
The rails seem to fit in the barrel ok, it's just the end caps...
My splined Difflok is red alloy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would imagine you need the full mechanism and not just the end clamps. In the Felt link it appears to be black instead of red for the oval rail mechanism. I would call either Felt or 3T to verify, but pretty sure you need to the mechanism and end caps for the assembly to work properly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TPerkin2000 wrote:
I would imagine you need the full mechanism and not just the end clamps. In the Felt link it appears to be black instead of red for the oval rail mechanism. I would call either Felt or 3T to verify, but pretty sure you need to the mechanism and end caps for the assembly to work properly.

Thanks. I'll see if I can get hold of someone tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TPerkin2000 wrote:

Just removed the caps and checked out the inner barrels.
They're quite big where the rail sits, and are roomy enough for round or oval rails, without causing damage. Putting on the end caps, to correct torque still allows the saddle to rock up and down at the back...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TPerkin2000 wrote:
What size frame is that on, a 51? I picked up a Fuelcell an put it on last night on my 54 and there is about a 1" gap between the front edge of the fuelcell and the back of the downtube. Its not terrible and seems better than anything else I've tried so far. Its like a Torhans VR bottle upside down.

Can you post a picture of this? I'm thinking about adding one as well. Do you think it will sit in a 51?

just your average age grouper . no one special . no scientific knowledge . just having fun.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [prenbach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is something we made for a customer. Just a few dollars in carbon fiber and some patience with a dremel tool and drill. Works pretty well with some of the bolt-on style bento boxes.

Last edited by: TriTownBoise: Dec 24, 16 6:00
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [TriTownBoise] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like that.
Much easier than the 3D printer route, and carbon fibre always looks good.
;)
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi! I just joined the IA clan as I purchased the bike a few days ago from the LBS. I was wondering what are some accessories that I should pick up for the bike? I get a discount if I purchase the accessories when I pick up the bike. I will be using the bike for training and ironman distance races. I would be looking at powermeters, bottle cages, and tool carrying things? I have no idea where to begin...
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [jdarrow86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got an IA16 for my girlfriend. First upgrade was the crank - she needed a short one anyway - so we got a powermeter-ready Rotor 3D+. When extra funds free up we'll just get a Power2Max spider.

The crank that's included on the IA16 is so rubbish that the bike is practically begging for a crank-based powermeter. Power2Max has good pricing on their Type S model to clear space for the coming NG model - in my experience these are bulletproof, simple to install and very reliable power meters.

Cages - can't beat an Xlab Gorilla for behind-the-saddle. That, and a cage between the arms should have you sorted.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jdarrow86 wrote:
Hi! I just joined the IA clan as I purchased the bike a few days ago from the LBS. I was wondering what are some accessories that I should pick up for the bike? I get a discount if I purchase the accessories when I pick up the bike. I will be using the bike for training and ironman distance races. I would be looking at powermeters, bottle cages, and tool carrying things? I have no idea where to begin...

I took advantage of a similar deal when I got my ia10 and bought a wahoo kickr and p1 pedals. Best money I spent
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do I need to buy an install kit or anything with the gorilla cages? Where were you able to just pick up the crank and not the spider? I can't find just the crank without the spider.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I personally zip-tied my Gorilla behind the saddle - it's snug and tight. However, there are "pre-made" solutions like the Xlab Delta mount and similar ones from other companies if you don't want to fiddle with zip-ties. Personally, I find they're unnecessary weight and only add distance between the cage and saddle.

As for the crank, if you want to get them without the power-meter then you can find them at any Rotor dealer or web-shop - the 3D+ and 3D30 models fit the same BB that comes with the Felt, using the supplied spacers. Other options are the SRAM/Quarq Prime cranks, which similarly can be retrofitted with a Quarq DZero power-meter.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also has anyone figured out the best size QR box for a 54 cm IA?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The headtube on the 48cm version of the IAx is sufficiently short so as to not have a compartment for a Di2 junction box. Is anyone aware if this frame size can accomodate a TriRig AlphaX+Omega combo? Will post an image with measurements when I find a moment.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [TriFluid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Best parts to upgrade on an IA16? I am looking at upgrading the bike over the next month or so. I use the bike predominantly for long course tris. I am also looking at potentially getting a power meter for the bike but I am utterly lost with all of the options that are available...
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Darro020] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seat
Rear brake to Ultegra direct mount (or better)
Front brake to Omega X
Aero wheels
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone else have the seat mount/clamp unit (3T DiffLock Comfort Module) rotate within the seat post? Just happened to me today while doing a TT :(

Is this a known issue?

Last edited by: viperlogic: Jan 3, 17 3:53
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [viperlogic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey,
1: where do you store your material like gas cartridge, spare tube and others?
2: What about a bottle on the tube down the saddle in the middle of the Frame regarding aero? Better behind the saddle or in the middle of the Frame?
3: Bottle behind the saddle: Better vertical or horizontal regarding aero?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [TriFluid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriFluid wrote:
The headtube on the 48cm version of the IAx is sufficiently short so as to not have a compartment for a Di2 junction box. Is anyone aware if this frame size can accomodate a TriRig AlphaX+Omega combo? Will post an image with measurements when I find a moment.

I run that set up. Works fine.

tweets.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [siegfried08] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excellent appreciate the heads up. Mind posting a picture when you get a second?
Quote Reply

Prev Next