Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've said it before here and i'll say it again; this bike loves wind!

Yesterday we had a steady 18 mph wind here from the NW. I took my IA16, with training wheels, out on a 33 mile course that went 1.5 miles north then turned west and turned around at 16.5. Into the wind this thing tacked like a sailboat. Coming home it flew. Coming back, I stopped at a light with a young guy on a beautiful BMC road bike with 404s. He shook his head and said ''man, that wind is blowing me around''. I never felt a thing and coming back with the wind hitting my left hip, the bike was flying.

I rode my road bike on the same route on Thursday. I know that comparing the two rides is like apples and grapefruits but.............Saturday on the IA I was 15 minutes faster over 33.1 miles!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Last edited by: Sweeney: Jul 3, 16 4:19
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [7ofClubs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
7ofClubs wrote:
Take it back to your shop. It should be routed like this.

Do you have any issues with the cables being thread through the stem like that?

I asked my LBS about that and they said they played with it with they first got them in, but said it cause issues...whatever that means.

just your average age grouper . no one special . no scientific knowledge . just having fun.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [way2sloow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The cable routing is not ideal, but it does not cause issues unless the mechanic tightens the stem cover plate too much and crushes the cable. Eventually, I will replace the Bayonet bars with something more aero and with better cable handling. But the stock bars are pretty awesome as-is-- unless you have a crappy bike shop that hangs the rear brake cable in the wind.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was a pretty lame setup. I played around with it and got it "ok"

I'm not super worried about it though. It was just an eye sore.

just your average age grouper . no one special . no scientific knowledge . just having fun.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [way2sloow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have note had any issues at all with the routing or the bike at all. Very pleased. To echo the sentiment above...seems like a lame excuse from your LBS. I guess I never realized how spoiled I was with our local shops.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any updates on Felt releasing accessories for the IA e.g. rear box, frame storage? I pulled the trigger on a 16 and was about to start modifying a SC draft box or QR Qbox for the rear.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [ktm520] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The QR box is a much better fit.

''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The place I bought my ia from last week said it should be "very soon". Just working around some patent issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ktm520 wrote:
Any updates on Felt releasing accessories for the IA e.g. rear box, frame storage? I pulled the trigger on a 16 and was about to start modifying a SC draft box or QR Qbox for the rear.

Thanks!

I'm not close to the subject but when I resigned there were plenty of designs. Often times the forecasted sales do not justify commercialization of the projects however.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks that is what I gathered, they appear to be on back order for some time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have a pic of the qbox in your IA?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can find pix in the early pages of this thread. The QR box has been back ordered since it was announced

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Dave. I can't seem to get those bolts into the bosses in the seat post. Is there something different needs to be done. Don't want to strip the treads. Local bike shop could not get them in either. Any help appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Slow joe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm unclear as to which bolts you are referring to.

The bolts that hold the saddle rail caps?
The bolts that thread into the clamping plates that keep the seat post from sliding up and down?
The bolts on the back of the seat tube of the IA-x model?

Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Dave. The bolts on the back of the seat tube of the iax model
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First race; first place (age group), 22nd overall!

Today my wife and I did the HITS sprint at Williams Lake NY. I have been amazed by this bike since I got it in March. First race of the year was in Miami and I didn't want to take my brand new bike apart and ship it. Second race was American Zoffingen and it had been raining all week and with the dirt road to start and end the bike, I didn't want to make a mess of the new bike. Third race cancelled.

So today the bike had it's chance to prove itself. And prove itself it did. I'm 66 years old and I got out of the water in around 35th to 40th. At the turn around on the bike I was 20th an finished the bike in 15th position. On the run I got passed by 7 young guys but there was nothing I could do about it. Finished in 22nd out of a few hundred.

I don't know the official totals because I had to hurry off to the emergency room. I went down on the run and didn't think anything of it. When someone at the finish told me to go have it looked at I said ''I'll go back in the lake and wash off the mud'' When my wife finished, I finally did look and, holy crap, I had a 2.5 inch gash right down to the patella tendon. I never felt a thing.

So, I had a great race. Thank you Felt!!!

(correcton; 26th on swim, and 26th overall)

Last edited by: Sweeney: Jul 9, 16 14:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Be sure to use the correct size and pitch bolt.

As I recall these are M4 x 0.7mm. Length is also critical so you don't punch them thru the seat tube into the seat post.

Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes that was what I tried and they don't fit. Very strange. Brought it to local bike shop and they could not get them to fit either.as soon as they catch you feel you are going to tread it. I didn't want to force it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slow joe wrote:
Yes that was what I tried and they don't fit. Very strange. Brought it to local bike shop and they could not get them to fit either.as soon as they catch you feel you are going to tread it. I didn't want to force it.

Perhaps there is some paint that has fouled the threads. Try a bottoming tap.
-SD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice work! Took mine out on its first race this morning as well. Got it to 39mph with Flo 90's on the front and back. I was a little nervous the wind would be an issue at 145lbs, but it cut through the wind with no problems!

Last edited by: way2sloow: Jul 9, 16 18:33
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [way2sloow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, this bike eats up wind and spits out speed!

It sounds wrong but if you put a disc cover on rear Flo 90 you will be even more stable, and faster.

Last week, anticipating the race on Saturday, I had the Hed3/Renn disc combo on the bike. I took it on a 40 mile ride, through the mountains, from Shandaken to Woodstock and back and averaged 19.1 mph. I have been riding these mountain roads for over 20 year and I have never ridden that fast. It's like getting new legs at 66 years old.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is what I thought. Shop checked for paint and the tapped the entry for the boss. And still got stuck so they told me to check with felt before the did any more. If you reckon that's the size I will get them to tap it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd have the shop check with Felt.

SD

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anybody have a hydration + flat kit setup they're proud of and want to share?

I need something until felt can to pull it together, but it still needs to be clean in the mean time

Last edited by: way2sloow: Jul 10, 16 18:51
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

So, now that my bike as the same front end as a P5, it's just as fast... right?

*chuckles*

I wish I could make this look better. If I had a 3d printing skills, I'd just design my own fairings that clip on in the same area.
Quote Reply

Prev Next