Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd be interested to see the same comparison, with the same setup between the IAxx and a Speed Concept 9.9 and the IAx. These are the 3 bikes I'm debating. Mybikefit.com shows these 2 frames as ideal setups for my current fit.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [meronamkeithho] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For me, I'd say that I am faster on the IAxx than I would be on the IAx. xx has a lower stack height, and I am all the way down on a Zipp Vuka Aero bar. Between the xx and the SC9.9; if it's windy I say the xx but it's sure going to be close.

But, if you bring the bikes, I'll be happy to ride them down the hill!!!!!!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is a picture on my new Qbox that arrived 3 weeks too late for this season! I ordered it about 6 months ago from TriSports! It's a 52 box on a 51 frame. The left picture is the first try at installing. Notice that the angle between tire and box was off and also rubbed the tire. The second picture is after I added a spacer to the top bolt and trimmed the plastic tab at the bottom of the box. Now I have perfect clearance. Sticker was easy to remove from the box. I probably could have gone with a size 50 box but it took so long I didn't want to send it back.

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [way2sloow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What size frame is that on, a 51? I picked up a Fuelcell an put it on last night on my 54 and there is about a 1" gap between the front edge of the fuelcell and the back of the downtube. Its not terrible and seems better than anything else I've tried so far. Its like a Torhans VR bottle upside down.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [sky88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is a size 54 QRbox on a 56 IA16:

Right now I only have one bolt in it. I have to drill a new upper hole to get it in this position. This thing is huge, I can put all my flat gear and a multitool inside and still have room for my lunch!

So now the Calpak cover is back on and all I can say it that they blew it. It doesn't look or feel like I can get anything out of it without knocking the cover off. How has this thing worked out for you?

I'm thinking that I will try to make the Calpak work like all the other bento's. I will take some tape and wetsuit glue and close the side slits. Then I will cut a new slit down the length of the top of the cover. Might need a few spots of wetsuit glue to make sure it stays on but this should be much more functional that what Felt gave me.

(Not bolts came with this QRbox. I took the bike to the hardware store to get bolts. It turned out to be 10-32 x 1/4)

''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Last edited by: Sweeney: Sep 16, 16 6:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great fit. Thanks for sharing
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [ors0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Correction, it's not as big as it looked. I just made it with my flat flat repair stuff and a 5 dollar bill.

Because I needed to drill a new top hole, I needed another bolt. Both were 10-32; one, 1/4 long, the other 1/2 long. I also had to shim one side of the bracket because the QRbox sat cock-eyed. Now it is right in line.

Last edited by: Sweeney: Sep 16, 16 14:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting this up. Is there any way you could take a picture from the front of the frame looking back? I'm just curious how flush this is with the frame itself.

Nice work on the mods.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From a frame perspective, is there any difference between the 10, 14 and 16. I ask as the 10 frameset is nearly same price as the complete 16 bike.

Secondly anyone know who in Europe sells the IA10 frameset?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [viperlogic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is no difference other than the paint scheme. I am building up an IAxx and wanted the frame only, and personally preferred the colors of the IA16 v the IA10. Speak with a LBS, as they may be willing to part you out an IA16 frame. Alternatively if you want to do the work, you can get the IA16 and sell off the other parts on your own. I lucked out as a forum member bought an IA16, parted it out and then decided not to build the bike so I was able to get the new frameset only easily. TriRig AlphaX, OmegaXs, my PM and groupo - it's going to end up being a very fast bike. Cable routing this weekend. My first time building a bike, and it has been much easier than I expected.

Sorry, I can't speak to EU.

Good luck on the search.
Last edited by: NWash: Sep 17, 16 6:52
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [NWash] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just come in from a ride along Long Island's North Shore. Man is this thing fun to ride! I love everything about it, well maybe not the calpac, but after I alter it with the slit down the center, I'll probably love that too.

I'll get that picture a little later today.

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [NWash] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here you go;

At it's widest point, the QRbox is 42 mm. I measured the Felt top tube at 37 mm.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know a place where I can order a QR Qbox 54, in a European countrie, that ships to Denmark?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [mebwessel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered it from Trisports. You could call and talk to someone there about shipping. If you pay the shipping I don't see why they would have a problem with it. Business is business.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
I ordered it from Trisports. You could call and talk to someone there about shipping. If you pay the shipping I don't see why they would have a problem with it. Business is business.

Thank you for the advice.
The only problem by ordering from overseas( outside EU), is that I end up with paying 25% In vat of the combined price of the item and shipping, and then ad 4,9% in tax of that price. So 65$ + 14,5$ ends up in 104,2$.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [mebwessel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You could ask em http://www.quintanaroo.de/impressum

-shoki
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Viperlogic - I bought my IA from tutriatlon.com in Spain. I'd intended on going IA14 but they built it as a mechanical Ultegra build on an IA10 frame.
I'm not in the market/budget to go DI2 yet

99% certain they'll do frame only too. Drop them a mail. I dealt with Miguel. Very happy with them
Last edited by: garboticas: Sep 18, 16 4:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks - that looks like a great fit. Nice work. I am going to plan to order one as well, drill a new hole, etc..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking for a frame size recommendation based on my current setup on a Cube Aerium HPA Pro which was done from a retul bike fit. I'm 6'1.

Saddle height: 842mm
Arm pad reach from BB: 400mm (back of pad)
Arm pad stack from BB: 691mm (should be higher but wasnt doable with current hardware on bike)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Other questions I have are...
  • What's the difference between the 2016 and 2017 models?
  • Anyone have a shopping list to upgrade an Ultegra mechanical to Di2 for the IAxx?
  • Anyone have a shopping list to install Ultegra Di2 on a IAxx frameset?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
viperlogic wrote:
Saddle height: 842mm

Arm pad reach from BB: 400mm (back of pad)
Arm pad stack from BB: 691mm (should be higher but wasnt doable with current hardware on bike)

Something looks very wrong with those numbers. I'm 6'0 and have a seat height of 768, reach (maybe to the center of the pad) 477, stack 624. You are only 1 inch taller but your seat height and stack are way higher. Then reach is so short you would need a tiny frame. Check the stack and reach for the IAxx here;

http://www.slowtwitch.com/stackreach/

I've got to think your measurements are all wrong.

Last edited by: Sweeney: Sep 20, 16 3:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do have v long legs! When getting the fit (Retul), the fitter said at the beginning prior to starting the process my saddle was too high. Turned out during the fit it had to be raised even further!

Regards the figures of stack and reach quoted for the IAxx. What the range of movement is there from these figures, what the +/- range?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are 1 inch taller than me but your seat height is 85 mm (3.35 inch) higher. What is your barefoot measurement from floor to crotch? Mine is 34 inches. I'm not being critical, just trying to figure out how they got your measurements.

Quote Reply

Prev Next