Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [TriTownBoise] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriTownBoise wrote:
Here is something we made for a customer. Just a few dollars in carbon fiber and some patience with a dremel tool and drill. Works pretty well with some of the bolt-on style bento boxes.

How much to fabricate one of these for me?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So here's a video of the magnet clasp

This one is nice openings and closings

From the video, it's hard to get the feel of it, but I really like it. It feels strong enough not to come undone or wobble, yet is quite easy to open with one hand.
Last edited by: GilesE: Jan 12, 17 9:55
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [mexer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mexer wrote:
Hello!

After reading all the posts, I decided to buy a Felt IA 16.
I haven't ridden it much yet, but from the times I've done it I think it's a great bike! Although I still have many things to learn, as this is my first ever TT bike.

I just have some questions about the handlebars. I did a bike fitting, and my position finished like this:

After a few rides, I find this position really comfortable, which makes me think I could go lower on the front.
But my handlebar pads are already in the lowest position.

Please, can I have any advice about how to get that lower front position? I suppose I could just buy a compatible stem/handlebar with lower height, but first I would really like to test the position.

I have thought in three options to lower the front height:
-Mounting the bars under the handlebar (but I'm not sure if that can be done with enough space to place the arm pads).
-Rotating and angling down a bit the arm pads so that my elbows sit a bit lower.
-Maybe increasing the reach (placing the pads more forward) could get me lower, but it would also change my arm angles.

Right now I'm planning to use it only on short (up to 1 hour) time trials, so getting an aggresive fit isn't a problem.

Thank you very much for your help!
Have a nice day.

You can mount the extensions under the base bar along with the arm rest pads which will drop the front end considerably.
Oh, and your saddle is too high, hands too low, etc.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anybody running 25mm GP4000 SII? Do they fit the frame?

just your average age grouper . no one special . no scientific knowledge . just having fun.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [way2sloow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure if the clearance is any different in the IA and the DA but I ran 25s on my 2013 DA last season. I will say on HED Jet+ rims they balloon up and are pretty damn wide. But they fit.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

way2sloow wrote:
Anybody running 25mm GP4000 SII? Do they fit the frame?

I ran them on a set of Mercury M5s on my IA16 with a 51cm frame. They fit just fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perfectly. Running those on a new set of Flos.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I run the 25mm GP4K SII on HED Jet's and they fit fine on my size 54 IA10.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [j.shanney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perfect. Thanks.

just your average age grouper . no one special . no scientific knowledge . just having fun.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave or anyone else with knowledge,
On the aluminum bars on the IA 10/14 , can the armrest brackets be mounted forward of the extension brackets in order to have the armrests more forward? In all the photos Ive seen, the arm rest brackets are always behind the extension brackets.

Here is a photo of another Stwitchers bike from this thread and the big green arrow is where Id like to try the arm rest brackets for more extension versus where they are now (small arrow).

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [test] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There no barriers I can see to moving the armrest brackets ahead of the extension riser brackets. The arm rests have six holes, so those can easily move for and aft over the armrest brackets to tune position relative to the extension brackets. So, you have a lot of potential flexibility in positioning them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No issue with positioning the pads forward of the extension brackets. I think it says as much I the Bayonet 3 manual but regardless, go ahead.
I've had minever setup about like that since I got it. There's about 25mm between the pad bracket and the extension brackets on minevitable so it's well forward.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave, is there any alternative to the DiffLock clamps? The aluminium of the center bit is ridiculously soft and the bolts wore it out in two-three saddle swaps, already at the fitter. We haven't even come close to the maximum torque when this happened. Can't find a replacement DiffLock thingy in stock, either - only oval-rail versions.

The bike is incredible in every way, but it feels like the top half of the seatpost is a miss (top half because the split at the bottom is brilliant and superior to all the other slip-prone aero seatposts). A single setback option (too far forwards for some Adamo positions, not forwards enough for some traditional saddles), fiddly and fragile clamp...

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tessar wrote:
Dave, is there any alternative to the DiffLock clamps? The aluminium of the center bit is ridiculously soft and the bolts wore it out in two-three saddle swaps, already at the fitter. We haven't even come close to the maximum torque when this happened. Can't find a replacement DiffLock thingy in stock, either - only oval-rail versions.

The bike is incredible in every way, but it feels like the top half of the seatpost is a miss (top half because the split at the bottom is brilliant and superior to all the other slip-prone aero seatposts). A single setback option (too far forwards for some Adamo positions, not forwards enough for some traditional saddles), fiddly and fragile clamp...

If you tighten one side of the Difflock then start the other you will not have enough thread engagement and will pull the few threads from the center. The inner spline needs to be positioned in the center and equal engagement for the bolts used.

There is another seatpost clamp mechanism without the vibration reducing module referred to a "VM" instead of "VR". I'm not sure if Felt makes it commercially available.

-Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
test wrote:
Dave or anyone else with knowledge,
On the aluminum bars on the IA 10/14 , can the armrest brackets be mounted forward of the extension brackets in order to have the armrests more forward?

Yes but limit the distance between the arm rest clamp and the basebar mount to 56mm.

-SD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
tessar wrote:

If you tighten one side of the Difflock then start the other you will not have enough thread engagement and will pull the few threads from the center. The inner spline needs to be positioned in the center and equal engagement for the bolts used.

There is another seatpost clamp mechanism without the vibration reducing module referred to a "VM" instead of "VR". I'm not sure if Felt makes it commercially available.

-Dave

We tightened it carefully, a half-turn on each side at the time until the saddle stopped moving (IIRC 4nm sufficed, less than the max 7nm). This was after 4-5 attempts during which the cap didn't quite slide into place properly or moved slightly as we tightened.

I can't find round-rail parts anywhere in stock (regular shops and Felt only list oval rails, the 3T shop lists round as out of stock), not that I think a customer should pay retail for a replacement to a month-old part that's been carefully installed according to instructions.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Call me tomorrow, I have round DiffLock mechanisms.

3T AMERICA INC.
355 Old Newport Blvd.
Newport Beach, CA 92663
Phone: +1 (949) 200 6327
(Mon - Sat, 7a-9p)
Dave.Koesel@3TCycling.com

SD

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [viperlogic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
viperlogic wrote:
Anyone else have the seat mount/clamp unit (3T DiffLock Comfort Module) rotate within the seat post? Just happened to me today while doing a TT :(

Is this a known issue?

Hi SuperDave, at your time at Felt and now 3T have you ever come across a DiffLock failure like I had above?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [viperlogic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had this happen repeatedly on many rides on my AR FRD.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really wish they made this FELT in a 61cm kind of disappointing!
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [chrisesposito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you replace the seat post each time? Felt sent me a replacement
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [siegfried08] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What extensions are you using? Are they longer than the stock f-bends?

Or if anybody has any suggestions for some longer bars.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in the process of switching to Profile T1 bars. They are probably a couple inches longer than the Felt f-bend bars.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [NWash] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi NWash, Set up looks great. especially the Qbox.

What size frame is your IA and what size Qbox did you order?
What did you have to modify to get it to fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
way2sloow wrote:
What extensions are you using? Are they longer than the stock f-bends?

Or if anybody has any suggestions for some longer bars.
I'm using 400mm Specialized Alloy bars. This looks like them.
Quote Reply

Prev Next