Re: The New Felt IA [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've sent you my retul report to your yahoo email account
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [viperlogic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
viperlogic wrote:
Other questions I have are...
  • What's the difference between the 2016 and 2017 models?
  • Anyone have a shopping list to upgrade an Ultegra mechanical to Di2 for the IAxx?
  • Anyone have a shopping list to install Ultegra Di2 on a IAxx frameset?

I'm not aware of any changes from 2016 to 2017 models of IAxx other than component changes due to part availability. Some of the 2016 IA10's got 105 rear brakes because the FSA ones that were spec'd were not available.

I'm not sure on the exact parts list for a Di2 install.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
viperlogic wrote:

I didn't get it. Why don't you post it in another thread and let someone who knows more about bike fitting help you out.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [j.shanney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn't SuperDave mention something previously that they were going to or have changed the Di2 cabling lengths and/or junction boxes layout?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
viperlogic wrote:
Didn't SuperDave mention something previously that they were going to or have changed the Di2 cabling lengths and/or junction boxes layout?

I don't remember that. He may have.

I do know with the stock cable lengths its tough or impossible to get the junction box for charging into the compartment in the head tube, so mine is under the calpac. Maybe they are including the extra parts to make that easier.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
You are 1 inch taller than me but your seat height is 85 mm (3.35 inch) higher. What is your barefoot measurement from floor to crotch? Mine is 34 inches. I'm not being critical, just trying to figure out how they got your measurements.

Barefoot to crotch is 35 inches.

Just after re-measuring the seat height and its 842mm alright! Stack is same also at 691mm and reach to center of pad is 460 (400 to back of pad).

What frame do you have, a 58?
Last edited by: viperlogic: Sep 20, 16 11:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am on a 56. Here are two pictures, first on fit bike and then on the road:

If someone just told me they were 6'1 with a 35 inseam, I would say they most likely would ride the same size as me. It looks to me like you have 1 more inch in the legs but you seat is over 3 inches higher and that is throwing things off.

''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [PushThePace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What mount are you running for the Garmin?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [ironcode] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For short course races I've got the BarFly TT. When I did a longer one recently I used a Torhans Aero30 with their accessory for Garmin head units.

http://www.barflybike.com/.../barfly-tt-studio-2/

https://www.torhans.com/...es/products/aerotray

I've considered the K-Edge but I reserved the fancier mount for my road bike

http://k-edge.com/...nts/tt-mount-garmin/

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
viperlogic wrote:

It arrived last night. That is a very thorough report. The pad reach is the sticking point for me. I'm not a bike fitter but I just don't know if that can be done on the IAxx

There is an IA fit calculator on the Felt website. Try putting your numbers into that. Also, try posting you fit numbers into Dan's x & y fit thread and ask about the IA.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
viperlogic wrote:

It arrived last night. That is a very thorough report. The pad reach is the sticking point for me. I'm not a bike fitter but I just don't know if that can be done on the IAxx

There is an IA fit calculator on the Felt website. Try putting your numbers into that. Also, try posting you fit numbers into Dan's x & y fit thread and ask about the IA.

Done and Done. Thx for the tip
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have a torque specification sheet? I'm specifically looking for the rear derailuer spec.

http://www.abbeybiketools.com
Last edited by: JShipman: Sep 22, 16 22:00
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [JShipman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it's between 8-10 N-m. I was looking all over for it as well but found it in the Shimano Ultegra Di2 manual.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone running Swiss Side Hadron 800+'s or a rim with wide profile like the Zipp Firecrest with 28mm at the widest and does it felt the Felt IA frame?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm using Swiss Side Hadron 625 front and 800+ rear with Continental GP4000s 25mm tyres. No problems.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:
I'm using Swiss Side Hadron 625 front and 800+ rear with Continental GP4000s 25mm tyres. No problems.

...and order button pressed! Thanks for confirming
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:

And pics of the bike with them?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, did you decide onthe IA? What size?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
So, did you decide onthe IA? What size?

56. Tririg brake and QR box on order also
Last edited by: viperlogic: Sep 25, 16 8:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You don't need a Tririg for the rear. I forget what brake comes withthe bike, but I haven't had any issues with it. Size 54 on the QRbox?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
You don't need a Tririg for the rear. I forget what brake comes withthe bike, but I haven't had any issues with it. Size 54 on the QRbox?

Only ordered one for the front. And yes, a 54 QR box.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I put a Tririg front and rear on mine. The key for the rear is a direct mount, center pull brake with center or pull from the top. You could go with an Ultegra direct mount. The IA 16 rear brake is crap, and is high friction because of the side pull and noodle. I love the Tririg, so I went with 2 of them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone running the Di2 wireless module SM-EWW01 with their IA? Where did you locate it and wire it into the existing config?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
viperlogic wrote:
Anyone running the Di2 wireless module SM-EWW01 with their IA? Where did you locate it and wire it into the existing config?

yup, just dropped it in the downtube under the calpac
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [jazzymusicman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jazzymusicman wrote:
viperlogic wrote:

yup, just dropped it in the downtube under the calpac

No communication issues / dropouts?

Is there something to fix it to so its not bouncing around the place?
Quote Reply

Prev Next