Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Everyone on this list should own a trial pack of the Sugro product. It can fix just about anything. I used it to put a rubber end on my dishwasher tray where I had a couple of rusty wires. It's been in there for a year now, still holding, and the rust was stopped, saving me a bunch of coin on new racks. TON of uses - affix a small dot of it to the sides of your behind-the-seat waterbottle cages, and they will have a little rubber bumper if you lean your bike (the horrors!) against a wall. I used it to construct a new rubber heel for the underside of my Shimano cycling shoes when one of them wore off. Awesome invention.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The battery slips in and is pretty tight by itself. The Sugru will hold it in but will still allow the battery to be removed at some point. I make the Sugru myself. It is a combination of pure silicone caulk and corn starch. http://www.instructables.com/...wn-Sugru-Substitute/
I'll take a photo of the seat post with the battery installed and post it later.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ludlaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excellent link, thanks.

Question, when you make your own, if you make it somewhat thick (> 1/4") on a surface, does it end up being somewhat soft (after curing), or is it kind of firm ?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It has always ended up firm when I've used it. It is not hard or brittle however.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ludlaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So here is a photo. I first wrapped the battery with a few turns of electrical tape, inserted the battery in the seatpost and then tested the seatpost in the bike to make sure there was no interference. I then mixed up some homemade Sugru (I just happened to have black silicone caulk in the house) and then used a putty knife to force it around the battery. After waiting for it to set up I then attached a 750mm wire, snaked it down the seattube with zip ties attached to it and then connected it to the B junction box.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [qngo01] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone with a P5 swap out their Rotor 3D+ crank and possibly looking to sell? Looking for a 170mm. Let me know!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [qngo01] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will have a 170 in a week, buying a new p5 and putting a 175, I'm awful leggy. PM me. If that fails reply, we can take it to email.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is the torque limit for the P5 seat post?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Fork-Um] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Fork-Um,

Max 12 Nm for the saddle rail clamp bolt
Max 5 Nm for the head-to-post bolts
Max 5 Nm for the post-to-frame bolts

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damon-
Thank You. The 12NM is listed on the clamp but I couldn't find any other values.
I checked the product manual on cervelo's site but couldn't seem to find them there either. Are they listed anywhere so I can have them on hand? Looking for entire bike limits. I would hate to over tighten something.

Thanks
Quote Reply
The official Cervelo P5 thread ski or s-bend [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know this has been beat to death, without any real conclusion, http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...or_s_bend_P4408226-2

Damon, did you look at ski vs s-bends during the P5 testing and or modeling, I am leggy, long armed short torso going on a 56 P5, 650 arm pad stack, 495 arm pad reach. In terms of aerodynamics Any clue as to whether I am better off with ski vs s-bends? I currently use the s-bends and am comfortable with them, I am concerned as that with the large distance between my chest and the handle bar I maybe better off with the ski bends.

thanks

Martin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damon,

My 51" P5-6 finally came in and working with my fitter on which basebar should I use. I am in the boundary of the top end of Lo basebar at 616mm pad stack. With the flexibility of using either the High V or Lo base bar for my pad stack, which setup will result to lesser reduction of the steerer tube which will eventually give me some flexibility to increase pad stack if I deemed that I am to low for my setup.

Tarochi
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Tarochi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Tarochi,

The Low arm pads will leave your steerer tube longer, thus giving you more flexibility to change position in the future.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just now got this while working through my initial fit, once you commit to the high v, your on the high v or buying a new fork, or spending more time in yoga than on the bike....
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Mdfletcher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much steerer tube is required by the Aduro bar?
More than the standard 4cm (minus 3mm or so) for a regular slammed stem?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Eric Olson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damon responsponded to that somewhere I'm this 130 pager, I would trust his response better than my pre coffee tape measure test, but it looks like you need about 35mm, and could tolerate about 45 with a high v. The design looks a bit more tolerant of being a little short on fork length than a normal 3t stem, Damon would know best there as well. Again this is crude, if you dig you find it, if Damon is not stuck on on a plane without wifi he responds rather quickly.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Eric Olson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric,

Mdfletcher has also given good answers. The Aduro stem's clamp height is 4cm, same as most high-end stems these days. There's a little tolerance in steerer length, but we're talking only a few millimeters, really not enough to call it a "different position."

Some of the reasons we were comfortable committing to some finality in the Aduro design are (1) super low aerodynamic drag in the system (100% hidden cables, true aero shapes, aeromatched fork spacers, etc.) and (2) standard fork steerer. This means anyone who's not sure can use any standard stem to play around with their fit before cutting.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Last edited by: damon_rinard: Nov 20, 13 6:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beautiful, many thanks Damon!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wd40. Works like a charm for cleaning off grease.

You could also try one of those Mr. Clean sponges too. They've also worked well for me in the past
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New P5-3/sram red. Trying to figure out best way to mount my 910xt. I have skitip extensions, xlab torpedo mount. There isn't room on the aerobars with this setup. Anyone have a suggestion?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Jjc=] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm using the X lab aero cage optimizer to move my speed fill back and make room to mount my Garmin at the base of my ski bend with a barfly.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [801pe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I'm using the X lab aero cage optimizer to move my speed fill back and make room to mount my Garmin at the base of my ski bend with a barfly. "
----------------------
I do exactly the same...works great!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would like to know how and where people are mounting their 5 port junction box? I have it inside the bars, but cannot get to it without tools. If I run it out the back, the cables rub the stealth bag.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stuffed mine in the front of then stem, be careful how you orient it, I almost put the long bolts from the high v through the junction box.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damon,

Do you know the minimum insertion for 3t s-bend extensions in the aduro, I cut mine to match my previous position, with the Adamo, and about 12mm difference in where the arm rests are from my previous position I matey have been a little over zealous with the hack saw and dremel. I have plenty of room for the nut to lock on them but not sure how much past it they need to go if at all.
Quote Reply

Prev Next