Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Which is more areo, ski or s bend? [trithink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My experience says that it's different for each person depending on their size and shape. Hands and aerobars are the leading edge, so they do make a difference, but you can't assume how they will interact with the rest of the 'system' of a rider positioned on a bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Which is more areo, ski or s bend? [trithink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When we started making S bends, the idea was not that the extension itself was more aero. It was that the extra curves in the pipe afforded more hand positions. You could find the position that worked best for you and/or move around for longer races, and choke up for power on climbs.

Andy Tetmeyer (I work at HED)

Quote Reply
Re: Which is more areo, ski or s bend? [T-wrecks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T-wrecks wrote:
And just because Webster says "data" used in the singular is standard doesn't mean it is correct. The singular is datum. Anybody knows that. Anyone arguing the contrary just looks worse in my eyes. I am a scientist by trade and just fake it as a triathlete.
They're not saying that you should always treat "data" as singular, they're saying it has multiple meanings and hence either singular or plural can be correct depending on which meaning of "data" is being used.
Quote Reply
Re: Which is more areo, ski or s bend? [Steve Irwin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steve Irwin wrote:
T-wrecks wrote:
And just because Webster says "data" used in the singular is standard doesn't mean it is correct. The singular is datum. Anybody knows that. Anyone arguing the contrary just looks worse in my eyes. I am a scientist by trade and just fake it as a triathlete.

They're not saying that you should always treat "data" as singular, they're saying it has multiple meanings and hence either singular or plural can be correct depending on which meaning of "data" is being used.

Thank god we got back on topic to the really important stuff.........
Quote Reply

Prev Next