Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Brake line cut [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Damon for your response. That is exactly what was happening. The cable keeper was not letting the bars go lock to lock. I never noticed that the brake line is what was stopping it.
Quote Reply
Seat post [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the Aero Carbon SP14 seat post road or less forward than the normal seat post? I cannot seem to get my wife more than 1.5cm in front of the BB center on her new ultegra P3. I know it's not a P5, but people that seem to know hang out on this thread.
Quote Reply
Re: Seat post [Mdfletcher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Mdfletcher,

The P3 and P5 seatpost, SP14, comes in two versions: tri or UCI.
  • The tri version comes stock on the P3 and P5, with effective seat tube angles typically up to 80 degrees.
  • UCI version has lots of setback, getting even the longest nosed saddles at least 5cm behind the BB.
FYI, the position of the seatpost in the frame is the same in the P3 and P5 frames, so saddle the range of setback is the same.

Actual setback (your wife's -1.5cm) also depends on which saddle she's riding, as well.

Here are photos of each version:

Tri version:

UCI version:

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Last edited by: damon_rinard: Nov 11, 13 5:56
Quote Reply
Re: Brake line cut [Cajuntriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so they charged you 390 in labor to replace a $10 piece of tubing? how many hours did it take them?
Quote Reply
Re: Seat post [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks it is definitely the tri version then from this pic. The ism is at least 1.5cm shorter than the saddle was fit on the muve with, she will ride it a few days, then check back with local retul guy. It looks close enough by eye to ride, I was just curious. Bike looks great, will update with pics once I cut the stem and aero extensions. Once I figured out to pull the fork and route the cable housing from the bottom I was pretty happy with the bb stop.
Quote Reply
Re: Brake line cut [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No they replaced the whole brake assembly. The lever, tubing, and caliper. According to my LBS he said there was no was to disconnect the tubing from behind the brake lever. Apparently it is pressed on from the factory? I was on my way to IMFL the next day so I was happy to get it fixed but was not happy at all with the solution. I thought the same thing, replace the tubing with a few hours labor.
My LBS did not assemble the bike for me. As soon as he saw the 2 inserts he removed them and said he does not put them in. Damon confirmed that.
Quote Reply
Re: Brake line cut [Cajuntriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
funny, when magura sends out warranty brake levers they come with no tubing attached. it is a bit harder to press on there due to barbed end instead of olive assembly(I think this is correct) but factory does not have to press on.

I have one in a sealed bag from magura, sent when I had an issue with brake caliper which shop fixed as a wedge issue and so I still have unused brake lever for when it is needed.
Quote Reply
Re: Brake line cut [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
" magura sends out warranty brake levers they come with no tubing attached"

I kind of figured that but was not in a position to argue at that point. I could not understand why only the tubing could not be replaced. Like I said I was in a hurry and glad to have it fixed.

Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Dnowak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Doug,

Thanks for your kind words. I'm sending them to my boss right now. ;-)

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Last edited by: damon_rinard: Nov 11, 13 7:02
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Dnowak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dnowak wrote:
Damon, I want to second what was said before (in case Cervelo ever wants to reassess your time spent on slowtwitch): Your availability and responsiveness in answering questions on ST makes me a much more loyal Cervelo customer. I have a P5 (previously had a P4) and when it is time to upgrade my road bike, I am sure I will get a Cervelo. I know if I have questions, I'll get answers here. Before I upgraded from P4 to P5, I read through the posts here, asked a few question and then bought the P5.

Greg @ dsw

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was looking for a P5, reading here and while I am still deciding how and which one to get, my wife could finally get a 48cm TT bike (new P3) and keep her 700 PT zipps, Damon's support has been outstanding, I would have a hard time buying a different bike. For my wife it was easy shiv was too tall, SC was too long with 700wheels. The P3 is perfect, did swap the bar for the adjustability of the zipp vuka bull.

I did test ride other TT bikes, but felt like I was sleeping around, it was rather unfulfilling. I have had a p2c and p3c, and 2 R3's. Loved them all. The P5 is massively stiffer than my P3, yes I know at ironman pacing it probably matters not, but I still want one.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Europe the replacement policy is killing me. 3 weeks now and no replacement due to the new distribution process for Magura and Cervelo Gmbh. Between Zyro the UK distributor and Magura Germany there seems to be a communication 'gap' so no replacement part yet. Its amazing something so small can be such a big issue. Apart from that I love my P5. Does anyone know if the P5 simply faster jackets are available to order?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [leahnp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi leahnp,

Sorry you're experiencing delays. If it's a small Magura part you're waiting for, there's probably no need to involve Cervelo. Magura has great service in Germany and also in the UK. It's possible you could simply buy the part you need. Hydraulic hose, olives, Royal Blood, barb fittings, etc. are all common parts shared by most existing Magura braking systems, not unique to the RT series used on your P5.

If that sounds likely, maybe call around different shops to see who might have something in stock?

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is my first post on this thread. I just bought a new 2014 P5 with di2. I took it home from the LBS and the battery was dead within two days. I charged it again and the same thing happened.

A couple hours after a full charge the light on the junction box flashes green 5 times. A day later it's dead.

I figured I should get more than an hour of ride time on a charged battery. I can't get it back to my LBS until a few days to run a diagnostics. Is there anything I can do until then to maybe fix or find a problem? Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advance

Zoot Team Canada Athlete, sponsored by GU, Cervelo and
Cyclesmith Racing.
http://www.coreydeveaux.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damon, sorry I didn't mean to come across as blaming Cerverlo. As this is a warranty issue the process has been going on between Magura and the UK distributor. In the old a days a call to Madison would have solved everything . Just unfortunate that with the changes to the European supply chain the process is not quite up to speed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Off hand, does anyone know the size of the crank arm on the Rotor 3D+ that comes with the P5-three for 56cm frame? i want to say 172.5mm but not sure.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [qngo01] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All the ones i have seen are 170.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Mdfletcher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool, thanks for the feedback...do you know if the crank arms have the measurements on them somewhere?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [qngo01] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Inside near pedal threads
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if the Campy center pull rear TT brake fits the P5? (the current version from Campy)
It looks like it would - and apologies if this has been covered, but I couldn't find reference to it.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ludlaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To answer my own question: I obtained a Shimano Di2 seatpost battery and it fits snugly into the P5 seatpost. I plan to bond the battery to the seatpost using Sugru (just as I did for my Di2 on my P4 and that has worked quite well). The Shimano seatpost battery is a much better solution, in my opinion, than the normal Shimano battery in that you can charge the battery without taking it out of the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As of yesteday, I officially am the new owner of a P5 Six with Di2 brake shifter mod. I was concerned that my Garmin Vectors wouldn't fit the Rotor crank, but they fit perfectly. I can't wait to go for a ride.

One question: Does the matte finish scratch easily? If so, how do we go about touching up the paint?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [mercuryvapor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am in a *constant* state of concern about the paint on my P5, but so far, so good. My bikes are showroom condition (well, except for the R3 SL with some crash residue but that was some other wanker's fault, not mine) and the matte finish has me worried that it won't be as durable as the gloss on my other rides.

Anyone else damaged the paint yet? I'll sleep better if I hear that it's tougher than it looks ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ludlaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ludlaw wrote:
To answer my own question: I obtained a Shimano Di2 seatpost battery and it fits snugly into the P5 seatpost. I plan to bond the battery to the seatpost using Sugru (just as I did for my Di2 on my P4 and that has worked quite well). The Shimano seatpost battery is a much better solution, in my opinion, than the normal Shimano battery in that you can charge the battery without taking it out of the bike.

Interesting, never heard of it before, but the sugru stuff looks full of potential. Got of pic of your battery in your P5 seatpost? Did you have to hammer it in, or does it basically slip in?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [DougWelsby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife has the matte white p3, I swapped the bars and brakes and got greasy fingerprints on it, had to scrub with isopropyl, not sure it is clean. Was thinking of diluting orange degreaser stuff and using that, anyone have better cleaning advice?
Quote Reply

Prev Next