Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
P5 Three rattle [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Been riding my new P5 3 Red for about a month and a half (absolutley love this bike!) and I have a rattle when going over bumpy stretches. Can't seem to tell if it's coming from the bottom bracket area or possibly internal cables? Anyone else run into this?
Thanks for the help!
Quote Reply
Re: P5 Three rattle [TMLW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First of all, I have four races with my P5-3 and I love it! Best bike I've ever had, hands down. I am using Flo wheels, and the rear has to be back a bit to fit the brake. Somehow, during Miami 70.3 travel, I lost a set screw for the rear dropout. I need to order a new set and some spares, but I have no local shop. Is this a standard size that I can source from a local hardware? Or is it something I need to order from a shop? Having lost them, I have don't have one to compare to, and no one else here has a P5. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does the new P3 fork use a crown race like a normal fork?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Mdfletcher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Mdfletcher,

Nope. The P5 uses normal headset bearings, but the normal crown race isn't needed - instead, it's molded into the fork. The bearing rests directly on the carbon.

Cheers,

Damon

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a p5 and love it. It's a p5 six but standard not electronic shifting

2 questions
- where do you mount the garmin 510 ?
- is the p5 cranks compatible w garmin vector? I have read something about there needs to be a certain distance between pedal amd the cranks?

I am going to use a bottle cage mounted on the aero bars so wondering g where to put the edge 510
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [andreasjs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
andreasjs wrote:

2 questions
- is the p5 cranks compatible w garmin vector? I have read something about there needs to be a certain distance between pedal amd the cranks?

I am going to use a bottle cage mounted on the aero bars so wondering g where to put the edge 510

1) anywhere you want, but preferably where you can see it
2) yes, the P5 cranks are compatible with the Vector pedals
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TMLW wrote:
Been riding my new P5 3 Red for about a month and a half (absolutley love this bike!) and I have a rattle when going over bumpy stretches. Can't seem to tell if it's coming from the bottom bracket area or possibly internal cables? Anyone else run into this?
Thanks for the help!

Do you happen to have an XLab Delta Sonic installed?
Quote Reply
Re: P5 Three rattle [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a matter of fact I do! I'll check it out. It almost sounds like a sheet metal type sound.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [andreasjs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
andreasjs wrote:

2 questions

- I have my 910XT between the bars with the UMC by Profile Design.
- Yes, the Rotor 3D+ BBright Aero crank work with the Garmin Vector. The max crank width is 38mm and 15mm thick. I don't have callipers to measure the crank, but the Garmin Vectors do fit.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [CanadianStekare] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And how do you like the vectors?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rattle sounds for me are coming from the handlebar area, and I suspect that it's the cable-housings (shifter, brakes) inside the high mount cover, or the exposed cables or brake line in the down tube area. I might try wrapping the cable housings under the high mount with some soft tape (hockey tape) to see if that helps.

Interesting line of thinking about the Delta Sonic. I was also having a lot of rattling, and the bolt kept working loose. My LBS finally took a really close look (light/magnifying glass) and discovered I have a crack in the small section of material in the seat post at the back of the channel where you insert the Delta Sonic. To clarify, the channel where the seat anchor is seated is open on top, but closed at the very back across the top. Looking into the channel from the rear, there is a small section of material (is it plastic? carbon? Dunno.) forming a solid circle.

Anyway...this was cracked, and the LBS blamed the Delta Sonic and the pressure from the mounting mechanism.

When we tightened down the bolt/washer to secure the Delta Sonic, you could see the crack open a bit, and of course, this crack would open even a little more with road bumps, and eventually this play would work the bolt loose again.

The LBS solved it by installing a washer which is shaped like a brake pad washer - flat on one side, but concave on the other. The concave side spans the gap in the top of the channel, and as we tightened the bolt to secure the Delta Sonic, the concave shape holds the sides of the channel together. No more crack opening.

So...check your seat post, and specifically this small piece of material that spans the channel.

CERVELO / XLAB - comments on this? It might be a bit of a design/engineering issue that you need to work out with this seat post, and maybe XLAB needs to start shipping the Delta Sonic with this shape of washer. Just some thoughts (from someone who is also an engineer!)

Cheers,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really don't think this is an authentic P5. So many differences. Don't know if the owner knows this also.

http://www.ebay.com/...;hash=item33872291a6
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [hobie1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi hobie1,

You're right, not a Cervelo. Thanks for the link - I'll pass it along to our legal counsel.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a Shenzhen Zhongwei TT.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone travel with their P5 in a scicon bag? I have used one of these before my p5 and loved how easy the bike broke down. It was less than 10 minutes.

Now they have a bag that allows you to keep you Aerobars in tact. Just watched the video of Van Lierde packing his.
http://m.youtube.com/...ch%3Fv%3DYuSWF0ki7nI

That just makes me really nervous. Anyone have insight on this?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Trispoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Airlines couldn't keep my derailleur adjustment knob intact with a hard scicon, that would scare me unless that padding is really stout around the bars, it did not look to be.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by 140.6shawn [ In reply to ]
Re: P5 Three rattle [DougWelsby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree on the DeltaSonic comments or I guess is the proper etiquette "X2" . After months of messing with it I finally got the right washer/bolt combo on it and "Ton's" of Blue LockTite and it now stays in the right position. Not sure if you have added this but I have a little bracket that goes between the bottle cage and bar that allows me to screw in 1 or 2 CO2's. Just have to go with a little longer bottle cage bolt. Don't have to carry around the CO2's not in my jersey pocket or if a bento. If you do it add a little pipe tape to the CO2 threads and they won't eject. I haven't looked to see if my rail is cracked but will look this weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [bartturner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried several ways to mount my Garmin and ended up with this carbon "Fliploc". Very light, very strong and fits perfectly between the aerobars on my P5-6. I posted a picture several months ago. I would post it again but it is kind of a pain to try and get a picture to attach. I attached the link below. Probably the best $30 I spent on this bike. I use a cage between the bars also and I moved it out far enough that it doesn't interfere. I am using pretty flat aero bars so not sure how it would work with the 90 degree bars but would assume you could get it set up nice. Just my 2 cents because it works well for me. Shawn

http://www.designcycles.net/products.htm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am now a sufferer of the same issue with the rear brake. Still waiting for parts from Germany 1 week now :( . I had the front end lowered by my LBS and the only way we could do this was to disconnect the rear brake and discovered the spongy feel despite a number of rebleeds.

I wish there was an easier way of changing spacers without disconnecting the brake.........
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [140.6shawn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ended up purchasing a piece of plastic, cutting it into a strip, drilling two hole and attaching under the between the arms water cage. Looked good. I do have additional work as my computer did go flying and break on some very rough road. I should have secured the computer mount better to the plastic strip which I will now do with the new computer I purchase during the cyber Monday sales :)
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 9000 crank [Crash Master] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Crash Master,

The Di2 Junction you succeed to hide in the battery is a 3 ports (EW90A) or a 5 ports (EW90B) one ?
Thanks in advance
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 9000 crank [Nick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5 port.

If you are sure you will fail, or convinced you will succeed, you are probably right.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Doug,

Just saw this post, sorry for the delay. We are going to investigate here internally and report back what we find. Give us a couple days. I am heading off to vacation next week, so if it is not me it will be Damon our General Manager.

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok so I have my design manager working on this right now and he was curious if you had any photos or could take a photo for us? You can email them direct to me at candice@xlab-usa.com

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply

Prev Next