Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Dura Ace 9000 crank [7summits] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would assume not. I just wish Shimano would update the firmware to allow for charging of both batteries via the junction boxes.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 9000 crank [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wsrobert wrote:
I would assume not. I just wish Shimano would update the firmware to allow for charging of both batteries via the junction boxes.

That really sucks. I hope that can be fixed soon.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey there!
I'm looking for a couple of part numbers. I need to get the plastic snap in piece for cables drive trains for the rear chai stay and a new bb cable guide. Any way you can help me out?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Zach,

We're small enough you don't need a part number, just describe to your Cervelo retailer as you did to me here. They call us up, we send the parts. ;-)

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did cervelo stop making the xlo altogether or temporarily?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [denali2001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i have no clue, simply heard there is currently no solution to make it safe with the aduro from some one that has an xlo and was told to stop using it, simmilar issue as hi-V(which was fixed)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [trislower] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Tri!

My problem was it would not return as fast. takes sometimes 2-3 mins then when you press the levers, it will brake but "slooooooowly" return. Despite bleeding it was the same problem.

My local Cervelo dealer swapped the rear caliper with new new ones. Problem solved.
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 9000 crank [7summits] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi 7,

Sorry for my late reply, just got back in the office today. :-)

According to Shimano, the external battery (the correct battery to fit inside the P5) is not chargeable from the USB port.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 9000 crank [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Damon,

Can you comment on jeffp's information about there seemingly being a stop sale for the Aduro X-Lo? And if so, are you working on a fix?

I've just ordered an Aduro with the intention of using the X-Lo setup to hit my stack and reach numbers...
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [trislower] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had repeated problems with my rear brake sticking/rubbing. I found that there was a cast riser line protruding from the brake body and when dirt and grime would accumulate in the cover that little line would start rubbing the brake cover. I could see scratches on the inside of the brake cover that led me to the problem.

I took a fine file to smooth that line flush to the brake and haven't had a problem since.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [gwitherow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thx
Didnt seem to be the problem with my brake- Cervelo sending new rear hydraulic, hopefully fixes things....or i have an expensive teainer bike...:)
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 9000 crank [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi MTM,

Unfortunately, yes, the X-Low (also known as the Ultra-Low) extension is unsafe. At this time, 3T are not working on a replacement.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damon_rinard wrote:
Hi MTM,

Unfortunately, yes, the X-Low (also known as the Ultra-Low) extension is unsafe. At this time, 3T are not working on a replacement.

Cheers,

Thanks for the reply.

Not what I wanted to hear, though. Do you have any idea on whether they might look into a solution? I guess there can't be sold many of the X-Lo, because basically all of those people are now only left with the option of going to a good ol' non-integrated negative rise stem solution - definitely not optimal if you've bought a $10+k integrated superbike.

Maybe you can help me out a bit here (playing on your bad conscience and all :p) since it seems I might look into another setup than planned for next year. What is best aerodynamically: downward-sloping stem and extensions on top of aerobars, or flat stem with extensions below aerobars (creating a larger vertical gap between extensions and arm rests)? Elbows basically touching, for what it's worth...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi MTM,

Yes, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I'm not aware of any plans from 3T to update the X-Low. :-(

As alternatives, consider a nice stem, plus an aero bar with the extensions neither above nor below, but in-line with the base bar.
Some of these include the Pro Missile, Felt Devox, USE Tula, etc.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's really too bad. It was more or less the X-Lo that still allowed aggressive positioning on the P5 in the same way that P3 and P4 allowed it due to their frame geometry.

Sounds like frontal area is the thing to look out for. I was thinking about the USE R1 (needs to be UCI legal), but from your advice it sounds like I should stick with what I have now, USE Tula and Specialized Multi Comp -24 degree stem:

Stem: http://www.bike24.com/i/p/8/2/25928_00_d.jpg
Current setup: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=4551775;#4551775

Need to get elbow pads a bit closer together, but that can probably be fixed somehow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi MTM,

Nice photos! Looks like a fast set up.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks.

Guess I might just tweak the current setup instead of getting the Aduro X-Lo if they don't fix it. Saves me some money, but was hoping on saving a couple of watts instead...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Blacked out the white panels of the frame.
Just trying to give it a fresh look.

Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 9000 crank [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That looks awesome! Nice job as always!

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
did you change the paint scheme yourself or was this something done right from Cervelo?

I think this scheme looks much better than the standard P5.

thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sexy!

Quick question:

Is it OK to remove all spacers?

My LBS guy left one on my P5-six. My fitter told me that it wasn't recommended to remove all of them even though he would be able to get me into a more aggressive position if i was to remove the last one.

Thanks in advanced!
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 9000 crank [laraza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i didnt repaint. i used matte foil sticker (saw it used on mini coopers). i covered all the white panels. it can be removed like nothing happened.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damon,

Unsafe? How so? The recall was for the stem right? How does that make the x-low unsafe?

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 9000 crank [laraza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi laraza,

Yep, it's okay to remove all spacers. The Aduro stem was intentionally designed to double as the headset top cover.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 9000 crank [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi CPT,

Thanks for asking, it gives me a chance to explain.

Although the 3T Aduro bar passed all required safety tests, the bond joint holding the inserts into the carbon can be damaged in assembly or in use, causing the threads to pull free from the extension mount with the bolt still connected. These inserts are used in the base bar and in the extension mounts, including the X-Low.

Any failure in the handlebar is a serious issue that can lead to injury, so correcting this problem to ensure rider safety is our top priority. Just so you know, P5s using other aerobars or unaffected Aduro bars are completely safe to use for both training and racing.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply

Prev Next