Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Another Aduro recall? [David Byer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think 3T messed up the instructions. They have a 16mm bolt for the low and and extra low in the front cover position. I measured everything and am comfortable on it.

If you are in whistler I will swing by the booth, God willing in Mont-Tremblant, Kona only if I win the lottery or we go for a vacation this year. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the clarification, David.

I'm not currently using the Aduro, but am looking into getting it. I assume new ones ordered should be safe?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just spoke to a Cervelo dealer in Singapore ... they have no replacement bars. How are you guys planning to fix it when you didnt deliver the replacements?
Quote Reply
Re: Another Aduro recall? [R2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
R2,

The bars are shipped as soon as the shop starts a claim. For the most part, that should only take a couple of days. In this case, please get in touch with me directly and we can make sure some are on the way. We can also make sure that the proper process is communicated to your retailer.

Thanks,

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Re: Another Aduro recall? [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTM,

Yes, new ones ordered should be safe.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it possible for Cervelo to ship the Aduro recall parts so they are available when the bike arrives at the shop? I work with a local pro triathlete that rides a Cervelo P5 that has a base bar that falls within the recall serial number range. The closest Cervelo retailer, Gear West in the Twin Cities, said the base bar has to first be destroyed/have the hand grips cut off before they can send the new bar. I do understand the logic in this, however this means she would be without a bike for an extended period of time. The shop is a 2 hour drive away, and the bar is supposed to take 4-5 days to arrive, meaning she could be without a bike for 7+ days. Not something a pro triathlete is going to be able to do.

Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm directing this post to Damon, but really looking for feedback from anyone who can offer some advice on BB standards. When I got my P5 last year, I moved my FSA SL-K Light Quarq over from my P2, which uses a Mega-Exo (similar to GXP) bottom bracket. My lbs ordered the correct bottom bracket from Cervelo (I'm unsure of the specific part) to match this crank and installed it in the P5, basically adapting the BBright frame to the Mega-Exo crank. The crank fits well with no spacers, only using one wavy washer on the non-drive side. I have had no problems with it.

Now my Quarq is being replaced under warranty and I have the option to go with GXP or switching to another BB standard. I'm wondering if it is worth switching to BBright, rather with going with GXP. Since FSA's bottom bracket standards are fairly bizarre (each crank model uses a slightly different BB), I'm also wondering if I go with a GXP crank will I be able to get away with not replacing my current BB, or am I looking at replacing the BB either way? The SL-K light crank has a narrower (left to right) spindle than the Gossamer that I originally removed from the P2 and required a BB with 'thinner' outboard bearing cups. With my current BB, I suspect I could run into a situation where I would need spacers on the spindle to make a GXP crank work and I would rather avoid that. If I have to replace the BB either way, then I might as well go with BBright. I'm just wondering if I'm really missing out on anything or causing some other less than ideal situation by going with GXP. I'm tempted to go with BBright, replace my current BB and just be done with it. I don't plan on replacing the P5 or the Quarq anytime soon. I have been trying to figure this out myself, but I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around it. Can anyone help me out?
Quote Reply
Re: Another Aduro recall? [deafcon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
deafcon,

Thanks for reaching out. We definitely can not change the 'proof of destruction' process. As such, we can't send out the exact replacement ahead of time. But, get in touch with me directly (you can find my email address by clicking on my user name) and we'll work on a solution.

Thanks,

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [dkidwell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dkidwell wrote:
Now my Quarq is being replaced under warranty and I have the option to go with GXP or switching to another BB standard. I'm wondering if it is worth switching to BBright, rather with going with GXP. Since FSA's bottom bracket standards are fairly bizarre (each crank model uses a slightly different BB), I'm also wondering if I go with a GXP crank will I be able to get away with not replacing my current BB, or am I looking at replacing the BB either way? The SL-K light crank has a narrower (left to right) spindle than the Gossamer that I originally removed from the P2 and required a BB with 'thinner' outboard bearing cups. With my current BB, I suspect I could run into a situation where I would need spacers on the spindle to make a GXP crank work and I would rather avoid that. If I have to replace the BB either way, then I might as well go with BBright. I'm just wondering if I'm really missing out on anything or causing some other less than ideal situation by going with GXP. I'm tempted to go with BBright, replace my current BB and just be done with it. I don't plan on replacing the P5 or the Quarq anytime soon. I have been trying to figure this out myself, but I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around it. Can anyone help me out?

I would get the Quarq crankset, either Riken or Elsa, with a BB30 spindle. These will work well on the BBRight platform. Because the majority of bikes are moving away from the 24mm diameter bb spindle, I would use the opportunity to upgrade. We are doing the same thing with one of our Quarq PMs that Quarq has right now. It just simplifies things.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [dkidwell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi dkidwell,

I agree with Brandon - opt for the "BB30" version from Quarq. Benefits are it's native to your BBright frame, standard Press Fit 30 bottom brackets work well, and you can use the crank in most other frames as well (BSA30 bottom brackets mean it can even work in threaded frames).

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That sounds great. Thanks to both of you for your help!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi David,

I have a green sticker on my high V bars but it says "Pass" and not the red e. I assume I am good to go...do I assume correctly?

(thanks for your ongoing support on this forum btw)

Quote Reply
Re: Another Aduro recall? [El director] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hola El Director,

Great question, I suspect this will be very helpful for other high-v riders. The serial that you are looking at is the high-v serial - the high-v is not affected by the recall. The recall is for the base bar. It is located inside the stem area, behind the steer tube. It should look like this:

Please keep in mind that not all serial numbers will have the "Basebar" part in it. It could just be 'FM78-1206136' (as an example).

Let me know if you have any trouble locating it.
Thanks,

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David Byer wrote:
Hola El Director,

Great question, I suspect this will be very helpful for other high-v riders. The serial that you are looking at is the high-v serial - the high-v is not affected by the recall. The recall is for the base bar. It is located inside the stem area, behind the steer tube. It should look like this:

Please keep in mind that not all serial numbers will have the "Basebar" part in it. It could just be 'FM78-1206136' (as an example).

Let me know if you have any trouble locating it.
Thanks,

Cool...I'll check it out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi David,

What do we do if my stem does not have any numbers in it? I have my bike shop looking for an answer but I thought you might be able to help us out.

Thanks,
DB
Quote Reply
Re: Another Aduro recall? [msministry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay...just to be sure, the number I found was "FM78-Basebar-1206012" - I need to get this replaced, right??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
need is such a subjective word..................... it depends on how much you value your current standard of living
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same question here.

I also checked mine last night and found no serial number. Could it be some where else?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
msministry,

Safety is the priority here so we are not taking any chances. If you have located where your serial number should be, and it is not legible, have your bars replaced. If your shop is not familiar with this provision, ask them to give us a call. The recall communication contains a lot of information so this provision might not have been read by everyone.

Thanks,

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
El director,

Yes, you found it. Please have that bar replaced immediately.

Thanks,

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cheers guys.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David,

One question. Does the Aduro bar on the P5 now only come with the High V configuration? A shop told my friend that today. I'm interested in this since if it's the same when ordering the Aduro bar alone I would have to make sure to also order the Low mount, since that's what I will be going to use.
Quote Reply
Re: Another Aduro recall? [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTM,

The Aduro bar will only come with the low and high-v options. Both should be included. The x-low (or extra low) option is no longer available.

Thanks,

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the quick and precise reply, David. Much appreciated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi David,

My bar needs to be replaced. I bought my P5 online from a US shop but shipped to Hong Kong. Should I ask the US retailer to replace my bar or go direclty with the local distributor for Cervelo in HK?

Cheers,
Ray
Quote Reply

Prev Next