Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [j.shanney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j.shanney wrote:
So far I am loving my IA10.

One thing that bothers me a little is there is no quick release for the 105 direct mount rear brake. It has a barrel adjuster by the stem, but that won't be as convenient for quick wheel changes as an actual quick release.

Has anyone tried installing an inline quick release like a Shimano SM-CB-90? Or are there other options?

Token makes an inline quick release.
Why do you need fast wheel changes?

-Dave

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:

-Dave

I switch wheels quite often depending on if I am riding the trainer or outdoors I think a quick release might make it a little easier. Also I though it might save me some time if I have to fix a flat during a race. Using wider rims and tires its already a tight squeeze.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
j.shanney wrote:
So far I am loving my IA10.

One thing that bothers me a little is there is no quick release for the 105 direct mount rear brake. It has a barrel adjuster by the stem, but that won't be as convenient for quick wheel changes as an actual quick release.

Has anyone tried installing an inline quick release like a Shimano SM-CB-90? Or are there other options?

-Dave

What is a Token inline quick release? Link or pics? I don't see anything on their site.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife rides short and tall (frame reach 420,stack 650)The IA calculator suggested a 54 IA.I am considering an IA10-is a 54 really the right size possibly with a short stem??Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is the IA10 compatible with the Dura ace 9000 crankset and the Stages Power Meter-I have heard there may be issues.I am very appreciative of your response.thanks
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [carbonsport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The IA 10 has a BB30 bottom bracket. You would need a conversion bottom bracket or adaptor to use a shimano crank on the IA 10.

Also they are currently coming with a 105 direct mount rear brake that sticks out beyond the chainstay on the non drive side. There may not be enough clearance to run a stages power meter on the left crank arm. If there is it will be tight. If you really want the stages you can switch the rear brake to a tri rig or eebrake that wont stick out giving you enough clearance.

I ended up ordering a BB30 Quarq for mine so I don't have to worry about the clearance issues and should be a drop in replacement for the stock crank.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [7ofClubs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like pretty much your set up. What's your BTA mount? do you mind to post a pic ? Thanks! lovin it again! can't wait to get mind in two weeks!
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [carbonsport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Something is amiss. Frame reach of 420 is hardly short. And 650 looks like an armpad stack.

Don't worry too much about the stem length. The bars allow you to move the armpads way, way back.

What saddle is she on and what is the saddle setback?

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Last edited by: trentnix: Jan 4, 16 8:34
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Mat-USA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As requested. Pardon the delay.

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [boki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok...So here are pictures of a size 54 frame with bottle holders (22 oz bottles) on the seat tube and the down tube. This first pic is of standard XLAB (Gorilla and Chimp) cages. The down tube cage is pretty tight to get the bottle in and out easily while riding or without rubbing the frame.

The next pic is of Arundel cages (Sideloader and Other Sideloader). Same tightness but the bottles are easily pulled out without rubbing the frame.

Only one side load cage is really needed. I opted for the Arundels because they were on sale for $90 and free bar tape vs. the single XLAB sidekick at $60. I also like the lack a print on the Arundles but that is just me. Hope this helps some folks out there.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [The Sloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Picked up my IA 10 on Saturday and have the same issue with the rear brake cable. Also, it looks like the dealer has butchered the Di2 install as the terminal A block was taped to the underside of one of the extension bars. Is there any official guide from Felt on how it should be fitted? I've downloaded the 2015 IA Owners Manual, but it looks like the IA 10 frame isn't quite the same. I've rerouted the cabling to put the block in the Calpac for now, but I'm guessing it should live in the frame behind the front brakes.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [scud8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your charging /junction box should be concealed behind the access panel seen in the picture below. To remove you will need a T9 torx. You should not have anything dangling or taped from your aerobars. Felt seems to have made a place for everything on this bike.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
7ofClubs wrote:
Your charging /junction box should be concealed behind the access panel seen in the picture below. To remove you will need a T9 torx. You should not have anything dangling or taped from your aerobars. Felt seems to have made a place for everything on this bike.

Thanks for this. Looks like it is going back to the shop tomorrow as I've found several other problems with the build while adding some height to the stack - a missing fit washer, missing armrest washers and use of an unsupported armrest bolt configuration. I think I'm going to ask them to completely check it as I don't have a lot of confidence they will have done the important things properly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I'll join the community soon as I plan to grab mine on Friday...
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [al-gorithm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
al-gorithm wrote:
What aerobar is this?

Those bars are the ones which come with the new Argon18 Tri bikes. I think I took the image from the promotional video they have for the 119 but I could be mistaken.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Considering the IA10 series and making it SRAM X1. SuperDave, or anyone who ones one, would the front derailleur mount be removable? Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mine arrived! still at LBS but I will definitely pick her up tomorrow!

Felt IA 10 Di2 2016.
3T Brezza II
Mavic Cosmic CXR 60
Power2Max Rotor QRings
Saddle ISM (Dash on the way)
Last edited by: Mat-USA: Jan 14, 16 12:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks great, but they need to tuck the seatpost flap back in. Is that a dampener?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorry dimensions are pad stack (640) and pad reach (420).BB to saddle top(adamo pn 1.1)is 725 mm.Thanks for any input
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [carbonsport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay so we are talking about armpad x/y. Not frame stack/reach.

Is that pad reach to the front edge of the pad or the middle of the pad? If it's a Retul fit and they used the Zin measuring device, that will be to the front of the pad. The Felt Excel fit calculator uses the measurement to the middle of the pad.

One last question - what's your saddle setback? If the saddle can come forward, your armpad reach can come forward as well. In the case of the measurements you provided, we'd almost certainly come forward if the bike allows.

Using the Felt fit calculator and assuming the measurements you provided are to the middle of the armpad, 54 is definitely the right size with 20-25 mm of spacers under each extension. However you will not need a shorter stem unless you change the aerobars. The Felt bars have armpads attached to the extensions and can be moved fore-aft significantly.

Trent Nix
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [theKAISER] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
theKAISER wrote:
Considering the IA10 series and making it SRAM X1. SuperDave, or anyone who ones one, would the front derailleur mount be removable? Thanks

If you drilled out the 4 rivets and applied a little heat to soften the epoxy you could remove it. You could also adapt it for a salt stick or other use. (CO2 holder, etc.)

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't see the IA 16 listed on the felt website anymore. Did they stop making it?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [roy utah] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
roy utah wrote:
I don't see the IA 16 listed on the felt website anymore. Did they stop making it?
It hasn't yet been released. You should hear something very soon.

Trent Nix
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply.

I see a lot of people mention whether certain bikes are UCI legal or not. After using the search function for the forum and a little googling, I still have the following question - Are UCI - illegal bikes allowed in Ironman races? I am looking at the Felt IA 16, which is UCI - illegal from what I understand. Would I be able to use it in Ironman Wisconsin?
Quote Reply

Prev Next