Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree, but then again I wouldn't be surprised if one is in development at the moment. I know I'd much rather get the bike now and have to wait a few months for a storage box rather than wait longer for the bike and storage system to come out at the same time. For now the draft box is looking very good though.

larsvanzanten, all I can say is that the paint scheme looks wicked in person. The carbon is matte and all of the paint is gloss which I love. Although I do like fluoro colours so if that's not your cup of tea then you may not like it as much as me.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [simonforster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you post a front end shot showing the brake cableing?
Thank you

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure thing. I think mine may have been routed a bit different as there isn't as much room etc but hopefully it helps. Also noticed that after a short ride around the block the stem cap is rubbing against the rear brake housing (that's the little white bits). Probably going to be having a chat to the bike shop about that!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is sharp looking!

I'm planning on picking up a pair of IA's for my wife and I and I'm so torn between the 10 and 14!

It sure would be nice to save $2k with the 14's, but it also seems like "only 2k more for both to have electronic shifting!"......

Powered by Dalzell Coaching
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I really hope I like it. I'm not scared of the neon colors, but I think the more "basic" IA 10 paint job looks just more sophisticated and timeless.

Could you post a picture from the riders POV? Just to give me a sense of what it'll look like to ride one of these :-)
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [larsvanzanten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
larsvanzanten wrote:
...Could you post a picture from the riders POV? Just to give me a sense of what it'll look like to ride one of these :-)

Won't a true rider POV just show you some hands and maybe a glimpse of the front tyre? ;)
Last edited by: Ai_1: Nov 20, 15 6:31
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [larsvanzanten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is one I took during the summer. IA4 but the setup is likely similar in appearance other than some subtitles

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Last edited by: cshowe80: Nov 20, 15 7:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Right brake for the front, is that an Australian thing? :) Looks like quite a sharp turn for that cable.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was thinking the same thing about a piece of tape and then saw this on FirstOffTheBike,

I guess I'm not the only one who experiences the box coming off (here on the FRD) and I didn't even use it. I mean to say, on the entire ride I never touched the bento box and yet an hour into the ride I saw it was coming off up front. And yes, it was properly on there when I started out.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [seeyouincourt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bento box aside, I just put the ee cycleworks rear brake (eebrake DM Rear) on my IA10. Installed in minutes. Super easy. Fits completely under the frame; nothing sticking out. And I have to say, although pricey (at $330) it has fantastic feel.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What was the problem with the original brake?

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does the IAx line not have a cover over the rear brake on the underside of the frame like the IA line does?

------
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sticks out too far from the frame that you can't have a Stages powermeter.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
see post #352 and #383, 384
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the direction, greatly appreciated. Poor IAx owners ... :(

------
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Touché :-)
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [snaaijert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It sure is, I read it's to do with us driving on the left and hand signals. Yeah I wish it wasn't that sharp but I don't think there's all that much I can do. After having a proper ride on it I like it a lot, however I'm not a big fan of the rubber grips on the brake bar. They are very thin and send all the bumps straight though to you hands. Hopefully some Lizard Skin DSP will sort that out easily enough.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are the frames all the same for IA 10,14,16? Is the only difference the paint color?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [The Sloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [boki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
boki wrote:
SuperDave,

First of all thank you for your expertise and all the information you post regarding the IA.

As soon as the IAx came out I was instantly interested.
Currently, I'm working toward a budget for the IAx and it is time to work on the sizing details. I was trying to figure out what would be the best frame size for me. I'm planning to order the IA10.

Here are my coordinates:
Arm pad reach 525 to center of pad (maybe I'll go with more reach since I'm planning to tweak my position)
Arm pad stack 585 (top of pad)

It seems that I need a 54 but I don't know if I could be fitted on a 56 since I'd prefer more of the bike below me.
I would get a different base/aero bar (lower) if that would allow me to be on a 56.

So, what is the best size for me?

Thank you,
Boki

Probably be a "typical" 54cm unless you opt for under-base-bar extension mounting such as the Bayonet3, PRO Missile, and a few others offer. I personally have my bike set up this way and while you do give up some fore-aft arm rest positioning owing to the base bar being in the way for some possible positons I did not find that to be a limitation for me.

A 56cm would likely be the faster set up if you can replicate your position and accept the under-bar mounting.
One other thing to note is the first 45mm of the extension should be trimmed when going under the bar to reposition the shifter-in-the-hands in plane with the arm rests.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you very much.

Boki
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will the bento box hold a gel flask?

I saw it in person today for the first time and the only thing I do not like about the bike is the bento box lid, it just seemed a little flimsy and hard to access the contents without unseating it. If someone can see if they can insert/remove a gel flask from the bento box and report back that would be awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [The Sloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately a standard gel flask does not fit in the bento box. Another thread on here mention the new GU flask or Hydrapak 150 as more malleable options which might work but I haven't tried either yet.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [MOPinCO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This might work

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
This might work

Where can you buy this?
Quote Reply

Prev Next