Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Gjadams] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey guys.
Just a thought here, and can't seem to understand the reasoning behind this.

If I have the option right now to get a 2015 IA4 for the same price as the new 2016 1A10, why would anyone here go with the IA10?

IA4 is running mechanical, and integrated brakes.
IA10 is DI2.

Just want to understand which one is the better buy.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [yunach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats easy, the ia10+ is cheaper and more adjustable
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [mtbxcjan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mtbxcjan wrote:
Thats easy, the ia10+ is cheaper and more adjustable

The IA4 (2015 model) is actually the same price as the IA10 that will be coming out soon.
I guess its on clearance.
More adjustable yes, but not cheaper..
If its the same price, you still take the new IA10?

IA4-Ultegra, mechanical, integrated brakes-2015
IA10-Ultegra DI2, nice old fashioned brakes-2016
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [yunach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I meant cheaper because youŽll get DI2. Position is everything and youŽll get the chance to use every stem/bar combo with the IA10. For me it would be IA10...
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [mtbxcjan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mtbxcjan wrote:
I meant cheaper because youŽll get DI2. Position is everything and youŽll get the chance to use every stem/bar combo with the IA10. For me it would be IA10...

I think you mean to say that for the same amount of dollars, the IA10 would be a better value because of DI2 over mechanical for the drivetrain components. But, Yeah, I'd chose IA10 over the IA4 (2015) if I was shopping for a new Tri bike and that was my budget range. Have exposed vs regular brakes doesn't make the difference between winning and losing for me....I not a budding pro prospect or a FOP AG'er. I haven't won the lottery yet to just buy the most expensive one....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey SD,

Just two questions before my IA1 frameset arrives in Hong Kong next month (time frame according to my LBS)

Does the IA1 frameset kit come with Bottom bracket bearings, or will I need to purchase them separately and install them?
- If so, are they the typical BB30 bearings?

Will the frame have enough clearance for the Pioneer dual-sided Powermeter with Dura-ace 9000 cranks?
- If not, I may have to look at other powermeter options for this new machine

Thanks,
John
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [JohnHK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JohnHK wrote:
Hey SD,

Just two questions before my IA1 frameset arrives in Hong Kong next month (time frame according to my LBS)

Does the IA1 frameset kit come with Bottom bracket bearings, or will I need to purchase them separately and install them?

Will the frame have enough clearance for the Pioneer dual-sided Powermeter with Dura-ace 9000 cranks?

Thanks,
John

John,
I don't include the bottom bracket bearings on the framekits. I have no way to anticipate which crankset each consumer may use and there are abundant options for BB designs. As you are using Shimano, I'd recommend the 24mm outboard bearing thread-together unit from Ceramicspeed or WheelsManufacturing.
The Pioneer crankset will fit but you'll need to locate the magnets on the top of the chainstays, the seat stays or the downtube. The stick-on magnets do not fit on the chainstays.

The guys at Pioneer have been very helpful in getting the position dialed in on our frames, if you'd like me to put you in contact with them about changing the position of the magnet pick up on the arms' sensors, let me know.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
JohnHK wrote:
Hey SD,

Thanks,
John

John,
I don't include the bottom bracket bearings on the framekits. I have no way to anticipate which crankset each consumer may use and there are abundant options for BB designs. As you are using Shimano, I'd recommend the 24mm outboard bearing thread-together unit from Ceramicspeed or WheelsManufacturing.
The Pioneer crankset will fit but you'll need to locate the magnets on the top of the chainstays, the seat stays or the downtube. The stick-on magnets do not fit on the chainstays.

The guys at Pioneer have been very helpful in getting the position dialed in on our frames, if you'd like me to put you in contact with them about changing the position of the magnet pick up on the arms' sensors, let me know.

-SD

Thanks for your reply SD,

I'm still considering about the Pioneer as my power unit.

But if I was to go with Shimano Dura-ace 9000 Crankset, is this the bottom bracket converter I'm looking at from Ceramic Speed (Or similar product from different companies):

http://www.ceramicspeed.com/sport/products/BottomBrackets/product/CSBB11040101000/BB30-Shimano-Road

What difference would it make if I was to install BB30 bearings on the frame and use "BB30 to 24mm Crank Spindle Shims" VS the type of converter in the link above from Ceramic Speed?

Thanks!
John

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JohnHK wrote:
SuperDave wrote:
JohnHK wrote:
Hey SD,

Thanks,
John

John,

-SD

But if I was to go with Shimano Dura-ace 9000 Crankset, is this the bottom bracket converter I'm looking at from Ceramic Speed (Or similar product from different companies):

http://www.ceramicspeed.com/sport/products/BottomBrackets/product/CSBB11040101000/BB30-Shimano-Road

What difference would it make if I was to install BB30 bearings on the frame and use "BB30 to 24mm Crank Spindle Shims" VS the type of converter in the link above from Ceramic Speed?

Thanks!
John

John,

I highly recommend the Pioneer unit. It is an incredible piece of engineering and offers unrivaled metrics when paired with their computer.
The conversion shims introduce another area of potential creaking from tolerance stack up.
The larger 42mm O.D x 30mm I.D. bearing is also marginally heavier typically. Shimano units often use 37OD/24ID size.

-SD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
JohnHK wrote:
SuperDave wrote:
JohnHK wrote:
Hey SD,

Thanks,
John

John,

-SD

Thanks!
John

John,

I highly recommend the Pioneer unit. It is an incredible piece of engineering and offers unrivaled metrics when paired with their computer.
The conversion shims introduce another area of potential creaking from tolerance stack up.
The larger 42mm O.D x 30mm I.D. bearing is also marginally heavier typically. Shimano units often use 37OD/24ID size.

-SD

Thanks for the quick reply and your recommendation with the Pioneer unit, SD!

I will probably avoid the shims then.

Can I confirm that the Ceramic Speed "BB30 Shimano Road" will be compatible for the frame: - if so, I will order one so my LBS can install it by the time the frame arrives:

http://www.ceramicspeed.com/...00/BB30-Shimano-Road

Thanks again,
John
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JohnHK wrote:
SuperDave wrote:
JohnHK wrote:
SuperDave wrote:
JohnHK wrote:
Hey SD,

Thanks,
John

John,

-SD

Thanks!
John

John,

-SD

Can I confirm that the Ceramic Speed "BB30 Shimano Road" will be compatible for the frame: - if so, I will order one so my LBS can install it by the time the frame arrives:

Thanks again,
John

John,
Yes, it should fit but I have no personal experience with this. I have the aforementioned Wheels unit installed on several bikes now and have also used the budget KCNC version.
-SD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
JohnHK wrote:
SuperDave wrote:
JohnHK wrote:
SuperDave wrote:
JohnHK wrote:
Hey SD,

Thanks,
John

John,

-SD

Thanks!
John

John,

-SD

Thanks again,
John

John,
Yes, it should fit but I have no personal experience with this. I have the aforementioned Wheels unit installed on several bikes now and have also used the budget KCNC version.
-SD

SD,

Sure, the Wheels Manufactoring component you have mentioned should be the ones included in the link below that has (SHIMANO) in the product title then?:

http://wheelsmfg.com/bottom-brackets/bb30-outboard/bb30-outboard-bottom-brackets.html

I'm really considering this route now that I have seen it, as CeramicSpeed components do "Come at a Cost".

Thanks,
John

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. another perk to the Wheels unit is the ability to run ACB or XD bearings from Enduro as an option.
ACB allows pre-load, as designed into the Shimano system with an end-cap + pinch bolt closure.
XD-15 bearings are simply the highest grade steel ball available and exclusive to Enduro options in wheels BBs.

-SD

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've looked at this bike with interest, but I can't seem to find the stat I need. I'm tall (6'4") but all arms and legs (pants inseam of 38" and measured inseam to the floor of 99 cm). My current seatpost height is set at 89 cm. Will the seatpost of one of the IA frames go that high?

Once I find that out I can start to worry about stack and reach.

Thanks

-- Scott
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [keqwow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
keqwow wrote:
lytic wrote:
I was thinking stealth black with the blue lines would be a nice combo as well.

like this?

That looks boss !
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [cowboy7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
any pics of IA 16 color scheme?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you happen to know if one can use a specialized sworks crank set with the IA10?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any pics of the IA16 that still have valid links? The one listed in this thread is dead.

Really interested in what the color scheme will be on this one!

An international shop has the colors listed a Black, Silver, Red with no picture. Valid?
Last edited by: lytic: Sep 25, 15 10:36
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [gerardm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gerardm wrote:
This may still be under wraps but has there been any news on the color scheme of the IA16 ?

I found this on a Japanese site. Looks like a rendering but legit maybe Dave or Will can comment.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That might look a little too badass for a bike running 105s

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is what I want the frame only to look like, would go very well with a set of Hadrons.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Superdave, what do you mean by adding the front triangle? I already have the battery cover and Torhans frame mounted bottle in my DA, but never heard about the front triangle.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [argmac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you are referring to.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, the previous post was not quoted.

Quote:
jrielley wrote:
Holy crap! Am I reading it right that the DA is almost 100 grams slower at all angles to basically all of those bikes? What was used as a baseline? I am just shaking my head at how much time I am losing with that bike now!

Quote:
superdave answered:
Yes, but that is with UCI legal trim. You can add the front triangle and battery fairings and reduce those drag numbers but nothing will overcome the lack of high-lift foils that are limited by the 3:1 UCI rules at higher yaw values.

That is the front triangle I am referring to.

Arturo

Quote Reply

Prev Next