Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA [acco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
acco wrote:
... and Inov-8 (250 ml) take up to 9-10 servings.
... Have been thinking about giving the 325 ml straw model from OMM a try also.

These two turned out to be the same size. Could put just above 300 ml in the Inov-8 and just below 300 ml in the OMM, actually. They also take the same size cap, ie. are interchangeable.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [7ofClubs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet build, cant wait to get one! Is that the stock vision crank that came on it? What size chain rings?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [shredz2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you. It is not the stock crank. My LBS happen to have a new takeoff so we swapped it out. 53x39
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [7ofClubs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How long did it take to get the bike after you ordered it? Do you know if there is a long lead time at this point?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [IronStork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They had it in stock. I was not looking specifically for the Felt. It came down to three different bikes that would be an ideal fit...the IA10 was too nice of a price point to pass up.
Last edited by: 7ofClubs: Dec 16, 15 9:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ordered mine the first week in November and I still haven't gotten it yet.

...not sure if I should be concerned if other places have them in stock.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UPDATE

Purchased a Hydrapak SF150 to test out with the bento box. It fits... kinda. This is a totally usable solution for gels. It will hold about 5 gels with a dash of water. DO NOT fill the bottle completely, it actually makes it harder to get in and out. You will have to jiggle it a little to go in but it will go in. The soft flask will shift around to fit.

Note: You can't have anything else in the bento for this to work. I did manage to fit a chap stick but even that made it hard to get the hydrapak in. I recommend this as the best option right now until someone develops something better.

Honestly, the issue isn't so much with the bento box's size as it is the the way the lid opens. If the lid opened more none of this would be as much of a problem.

Side note: the calpac and lid are on the felt stuff website but it says they don't ship to the US. What's up with that?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [The Sloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Sloth wrote:
UPDATE

Purchased a Hydrapak SF150 to test out with the bento box. It fits... kinda. This is a totally usable solution for gels. It will hold about 5 gels with a dash of water. DO NOT fill the bottle completely, it actually makes it harder to get in and out. You will have to jiggle it a little to go in but it will go in. The soft flask will shift around to fit.

Note: You can't have anything else in the bento for this to work. I did manage to fit a chap stick but even that made it hard to get the hydrapak in. I recommend this as the best option right now until someone develops something better.

Honestly, the issue isn't so much with the bento box's size as it is the the way the lid opens. If the lid opened more none of this would be as much of a problem.

Side note: the calpac and lid are on the felt stuff website but it says they don't ship to the US. What's up with that?
Is this compatible with the IAx frames or just the existing IA?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [simonforster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Simon,

I was just wondering why your lbs didn t route the rear brake cable clean through the stem instead of how it is done now. Im a store owner and we just got our first set of ia bikes here in europe. We built thevfirst one and routed the rear brake cable through that port at the side of the stem and it gives a much cleaner look.

Just my 2c

Regards,

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [The Sloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They make you go through your local distributor to get these parts. I got one back in September but I had to get my LBS to contact Felt in order to get one.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Freespeed [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well I just got an e-mail telling me my order has been processed and my IA14 will be shipped within 1 business day. If I'm lucky I might get it for Christmas!
I was still considering changing the order to a B12 as I expected to wait until mid January before they filled the order and had the option to cancel until then, but it looks like that decision has been made for me!

I'm sure it'll be a great bike despite my picky misgivings!
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How long ago did you place the order? I'm going to order an IA10 tomorrow but kind of wishing I had done so earlier if they are backlogged.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ordered about 8 weeks ago. However, I presume lead times will depend a lot on the model, when you order, on your location and the shop you're buying from. There's very little you can learn from my experience!
Last edited by: Ai_1: Dec 18, 15 9:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ordered mine a few weeks ago. I got the last one available in size 54.

Jim at ERO fit me to my IA10 today. This is my first tri bike. I cant wait until next years tri season.

Surprisingly it came with longer cranks than the website says (172.5 vs 170 for size 54).

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [j.shanney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What do you mean "last one available" in size 54?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IronStork wrote:
What do you mean "last one available" in size 54?

The last one in stock. Anyone else that ordered a 54 has to wait until they get their next shipment.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [j.shanney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the look of the Trek Draft Box on the IA. Congrats on your new bike

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I need a disc wheel for my bike.

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Jwizzle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My lucky lucky husband got the IA 10 I have been coveting (after his bike got stolen). We were sitting in the living room last night admiring it, we noticed something funny (can you see it?)

(Did you find it?)

He's riding a FEL bike.

Now my question: would you want a replacement? He has his own opinion, I'm just curious how other bike fanatics would react!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How does that get past the quality control folks and the store to even get to you? Something seems weird that it would be so wrong (missing letter and facing the wrong way. Get a replacement. Who knows what else they missed on this bike.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [thugbuster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it facing the wrong way? All of the pictures I have seen are on the drivetrain side, so I can't think of any I've seen of the non-drivetrain side to compare.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh you could be right about the non-drive side being the other way. Just checked my B12 and it is the opposite. My comment still stands about sending it back though. Looks like a Chinese knock-off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thats hilarious
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [y_nigel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Drumroll, please...

Felt IA 14
Flo 60 + DISC
Powertap P1
Quote Reply