Quote | Reply
I was referring to the made-to-fit TorHans bottle
SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave,

Since you're on here....i may have missed it in a previous post, but I can't see the IA 16 for 2999$ on your website. Also is there a new IA frame set only option?

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

That looks awesome. Looking forward for a real picture of the IA16 but if that is going to be color scheme, it’s a big change the IA16 will be my first tri-bike.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:
Dave,

Since you're on here....i may have missed it in a previous post, but I can't see the IA 16 for 2999$ on your website. Also is there a new IA frame set only option?

Maurice

I think Felt are holding off on IA 16, I think they are going to sell out all of the IAx they make, so no reason to offer the cheaper one initially. I may sadly be another year until the IA 16 and the IAx frameset is offered.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was thinking along those lines. If there's a $3k IA16, and if it looks like that photo, who would buy a B-Series bike? If the IA16 does come, I'm guessing it's after they sell through the current stock of B's, and then only a $2k B will remain for next year. Just a guess.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope you're wrong but bet you are correct. I'm eyeing the 16 myself. My old Elite T-Class needs to be retired!
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [JamieJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, that paint scheme looks way better than I expected!

I was told the IA16 will be at least 6 months away at the soonest. Remember: Felt doesn't do model years any more, they release bikes whenever they think it's a good idea.

I went for the IA14. Like the looks of the IA10 better, but it's relatively expensive compared to the IA14 in Euros.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:
Dave,

Maurice

It's at least 6 months away.
IA10 and IA14 first.
-SD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Talked to LBS shop today and they mentioned they didn't expect to get the IA10 and 14 in until mid-November. Is this an accurate nationwide delivery date? I was under impression from some prior posts we were looking at October. Would love to hear from anyone who may have pre-ordered or SuperDave?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [IronStork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that for my first tri bike I will buy the IA14 (for a 70.3 eaglemen 2016 and full IRONMAN 2017) but I would like to have your ideas:
- which aero hydration system would you recommend?
- do you think that Chinese 60mm carbon wheels will be a nice thing to put on
- do they have another color because honestly I'm not a fan of that yellow
- I'm 5'11, had a 54 Cannondale caad8 with aerobars before and should I go more for a 54 or 56?
Thanks
Last edited by: FlorianNY: Nov 3, 15 11:16
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [FlorianNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FlorianNY wrote:
I think that for my first tri bike I will buy the IA14 (for a 70.3 eaglemen 2016 and full IRONMAN 2017) but I would like to have your ideas:
- which aero hydration system would you recommend?
- do you think that Chinese 60mm carbon wheels will be a nice thing to put on
- do they have another color because honestly I'm not a fan of that yellow
- I'm 5'11, had a 54 Cannondale caad8 with aerobars before and should I go more for a 54 or 56?
Thanks

1. Torhans seem to have some pretty good hydration options for the super bikes. Some of their offerings will actually make the bike faster if positioned correctly.
2. Nobody will say Chinese CCs are a great deal when options like FLO Wheels are in the market place. Same price, reputable brand and many happy users
3. The model you chose will only come in one colour scheme per year. If you don't like it you'll have to wait for next years colours for something else or choose another model. The last option is a custom paint job.
4. You body's measurements will not tell you which bike to choose. Triathlon fitting is much more precise than a road bike fit and therefor you should see a professional fitter and get your coordinates from them. Stack and reach are the gold standard for figuring out if the geometry for a bike is a fit for you. If you plan on dropping $3000-4000 on a bike please first protect your investment by spending $200-300 for a professional fit to ensure the bike fits your physiology. Failure to do so would result in you leaving time on the course or needing to purchase aftermarket parts (stem, aero bars, etc) to make the bike fit if at all.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Last edited by: cshowe80: Nov 3, 15 11:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine just arrived to the shop today. Will get fitted later this week and post pics. So excited.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Trisumai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What state are located? if you don't mind. Mine should be coming soon i guess...pre-ordered first week of august. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [SBR28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cleveland Ohio
Ordered in September early to mid, I think
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, can't wait to see your bikes guys, don't hesitate to also provide your own feedback, feeling....;)
Last edited by: FlorianNY: Nov 3, 15 17:13
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [keqwow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
keqwow wrote:
My order has been placed for an IA10. A lot of money for me and a lot of second guessing but I can't wait to see it. Dealer tells me mid October so we will see. The big follow up question will be whether I should go with Flo 60/90 wheels with white decales or black on the IA10 white/black canvas?

Did your bike arrive?
Got pix?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IronStork, the IA10 started shipping last week and the IA14 should be shipping this week (week of Nov 2nd).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
@SuperDave do you know how many cm. i can ajust the felt bayonet 3 in the new Felt IA14?
i need to know the differents height to get my optimal position

THx
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [octavuszgz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
octavuszgz wrote:
@SuperDave do you know how many cm. i can ajust the felt bayonet 3 in the new Felt IA14?

THx
In addition to this query, will the fit calculator for the IA and DA bikes on the Felt website be updated to include the new IA bikes and account for the geometry and any differences in the cockpit? I've used the calculator to see what size frame it recommends and then assumed I would need an additional 10mm of spacers in the cockpit over the configuration suggested due to the change in geometry for the new versions. However I'm not certain if there are any other cockpit differences.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.feltbicycles.com/...y_AeroBar_Manual.pdf

On page 8 there is a nice chart that explains the possible stack heights.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
octavuszgz wrote:

THx
Like our latest B-series models there is far more range of adjustment that you'd probably find necessary or even useful.

Y-axis: ~115mm. Depending on arm rest rotation, a little more.
X-axis: There is a range where the bike will still offer neutral handling and reasonable weight bias so I'd say 100mm practically; 170+mm functionally

In general you'll want the largest frame size you can standover comfortably to maximize aerodynamics and stability.

-SD

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:
octavuszgz wrote:

THx

In addition to this query, will the fit calculator for the IA and DA bikes on the Felt website be updated to include the new IA bikes and account for the geometry and any differences in the cockpit? I've used the calculator to see what size frame it recommends and then assumed I would need an additional 10mm of spacers in the cockpit over the configuration suggested due to the change in geometry for the new versions. However I'm not certain if there are any other cockpit differences.

the IA10 and IA14 use a two-position base bar and the base bar comes in 2 width options. You can raise the brake lever position of the base bar without changing the headset stack, stem, etc. That isn't possible on the IA FRD, IA1, IA2, IA3, or IA4.
the IA10 and IA14 have "infinite" positions to attach the extensions. The IA FRD, IA1, IA2, IA3, or IA4 have two mounts which offer 4 fixed width positions.
the IA10 and IA14 have rotation adjustment to the extensions so you may not need an additional 10mm of spacers depending on your arm rest and hand positions.

In general, unless you're at an absolute extreme, the frame sizes overlap with the IA10 and IA14 having a few more adjustment features that slightly slow the entire bike aerodynamically.

-SD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Dave

Another query: I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere but I'm assuming the frame, fork and brakes have sufficient clearance for the current trend in wide rim wheels and at least 25mm tyres. Can you confirm?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. I have 25mm challenge Strada front and 27mm Vittoria Pave rear on SES wheels that I've fitted for TTs.

The widest rims like HED with large 25mm tires will require moving the wheel back in the dropouts for the tires to have adequate clearance in the seat stay area.

SD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Dave, any reason that you know of why the Felt engineers didn't include a method to angle the extensions up on the original IA series bikes? I've noticed more and more manufacturers including a half moon/swivle shaped spacer to help with this. Perhaps it wasn't on the radar at the time as a possible feature? Is it something that could be added to the catalog after the fact?

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Last edited by: cshowe80: Nov 5, 15 9:16
Quote Reply

Prev Next