Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm totally fine with my IA but looking at the Alpha X compared to the stock bar on the IA it looks like there might be an aero advantage shifting bars to the Alpha X.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
KnudsenDenmark wrote:
Hi Dave,

Can you in any way confirm if the Alpha X will fit on my Felt IA4 or only on the newer IA X models?

Thanks.

it will absolutely not fit on the IA. The original Alpha would fit you used the adapter stem that allows you to use 31mm bars. But the Dagger bar on the IA4 is about as fast and adjustable (well it does not have pad tilt, but neither does the alpha) as any other bar out there, so there is not really any gain.

Yes, it will! As Dave mentioned, the IA uses a standard steerer. The Alpha X has a short enough clamping zone that it should work with both the IA and IAx models. I'm going to try to take some pictures to provide visual evidence in the next few days, thanks to the good folks at TriBella in Denver.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quick confirmation - the Alpha X and Sigma X absolutely DO work on the IA and IAx. It so happens that the steerer tube length on trimmed production bikes happens to be perfect. I'll post some pictures later. Big thanks to TriBella in Denver for letting me play with their frames and test the fitment.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, so here's the proof that the Alpha X and Sigma X work brilliantly on both the original IA and the newer IAx frames, even with the pre-cut forks:

Alpha X + Felt IA Compatibility
http://www.tririg.com/...lpha_X_Compatibility

--
TriRig.com
Last edited by: TriRig: Nov 10, 15 15:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So when can I get one?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Geez that looks fantastic.
So it's "just" getting the Alpha X and swapping it with the Bayonet? No new fork it needed - sweet!
Any plans on developing some kind of base bar riser designed to angle the aerobars?
Last edited by: KnudsenDenmark: Nov 11, 15 4:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nick,

looking at your pictures, it seems that it will not be possible to have clearance for an Omega X without brake cable housing, using the cable stop in the stem. Is that the big hole or the small one in front at the bottom of the stem?

Also, where has the hole for Di2 junction gone in the Alpha X? Not that it really matters with this frame, just curious.

Looking forward to see the details of a complete build!

Sr. Salitre
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [FranR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FranR wrote:
Nick, looking at your pictures, it seems that it will not be possible to have clearance for an Omega X without brake cable housing, using the cable stop in the stem. Is that the big hole or the small one in front at the bottom of the stem?

Also, where has the hole for Di2 junction gone in the Alpha X? Not that it really matters with this frame, just curious.

Looking forward to see the details of a complete build!

The big hole is where the optional cable stop can go. The small hole is where the Alpha X's aero-matched spacers click in for perfect alignment. You're correct that bare cable won't work with the IAx frames, you must run housing. Though I may try to come up with another slick solution involving a 3D-printed part that would replace the IAx junction port cover, and also add a cable stop.

The Alpha X still has the cavity for the Di2 junction box! You don't see it, because the cover is on. The cover can come off with a couple bolts.

Regarding the other questions others have asked here that are specifically about TriRig products, please contact us via our website contact form. In this thread, I'm happy to answer compatibility questions regarding the Felt IA. But please don't hijack this thread with TriRig-only questions. Just email us for that :-)

--
TriRig.com
Last edited by: TriRig: Nov 11, 15 11:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking like lots of potential for some sweet upgrades on my new IA10 down the road. I almost went with the Omega X before my bike came in, but decided to hold off for now. I may still upgrade down the road though. I'll be anxious to see TriRig's build of an IAx setup with all their upgrades just to see the 'potential' for some goodies down the road on mine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nick: Couple things:
1) Any chance of a front pic of a stock IA and an IA with our Alpha X aero basebar.
2) A side pic would be great to look at the reach as well.

3) With this set-up is it possible to separately angle the extensions upward?

Thanks in advance...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is the stack the same as the Tri 155 stem that comes with the IA10? If needed could I add one or two spacers or is the stem cut too low for raising the base bar. thanks
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Trisumai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trisumai wrote:
Is the stack the same as the Tri 155 stem that comes with the IA10? If needed could I add one or two spacers or is the stem cut too low for raising the base bar. thanks

You can just flip the Bayonet base bar if you need a higher brake lever position.
-SD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While I have actually pre-ordered the IA 14, I'm still wondering whether I should call my LBS and get an IA 10.

The main differences are the Di2 group and the paint scheme, right? I'll be using FLO wheels when I'm racing, so the training wheels don't really matter to me.

I do think that the Di2 is a big plus in comparison to the 6800. I might even consider an upgrade in the future. Plus, I think the paint scheme on the IA 10 looks way better.

But the IA 10 actually is above my budget. Strangely, the difference in pricing down here in Europe (the Netherlands, to be specific) is a lot bigger. Converted to dollars, I'd pay 3500 for the IA14 but 5000 for the IA 10! I think that's a lot for an electronic group and a different color...

What do you guys think? Anything else I should consider?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great. Thanks. I hadn't ridden a tri bike in quite a bit as I had been riding my road bike. Don't know if my issue was my inflexibility or whether the base bar is too low but suspect it is the former as set up is identical to previous bike.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [larsvanzanten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
larsvanzanten wrote:
While I have actually pre-ordered the IA 14, I'm still wondering whether I should call my LBS and get an IA 10.

The main differences are the Di2 group and the paint scheme, right? I'll be using FLO wheels when I'm racing, so the training wheels don't really matter to me.

I do think that the Di2 is a big plus in comparison to the 6800. I might even consider an upgrade in the future. Plus, I think the paint scheme on the IA 10 looks way better.

But the IA 10 actually is above my budget. Strangely, the difference in pricing down here in Europe (the Netherlands, to be specific) is a lot bigger. Converted to dollars, I'd pay 3500 for the IA14 but 5000 for the IA 10! I think that's a lot for an electronic group and a different color...

What do you guys think? Anything else I should consider?

3500 is under value for the IA14, it should be 4000.
5000 is accurate for the IA10.

This is a tough call to make. I chose aero over Di2 and went with the IA1 frame with Dura-Ace 7800/Vision Metron.
As you said, you can always change the F/D, R/D, SL, ST and put Di2 on your IA14.

-SD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey nick,

I assume the standard 31.8mm clamp sigma X, would work just the same, as far as cable routing is concerned?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [keqwow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I definitely look forward to the details on the build because I can tell you it was pretty involved to switch out my bars to my Profile Design set up. It was not even close to a bolt on. I had to have my LBS do it because it became an issue with the di2 wires being too short on the extensions since those are one piece (shifter and wire). Ended up adding another junction box and moving two wires out from the headtube junction. It worked out nicely and is actually cleaner on the wire setup not coming down the stem in the bento box.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SuperDave,

First of all thank you for your expertise and all the information you post regarding the IA.

As soon as the IAx came out I was instantly interested.
Currently, I'm working toward a budget for the IAx and it is time to work on the sizing details. I was trying to figure out what would be the best frame size for me. I'm planning to order the IA10.

Here are my coordinates:
Arm pad reach 525 to center of pad (maybe I'll go with more reach since I'm planning to tweak my position)
Arm pad stack 585 (top of pad)

It seems that I need a 54 but I don't know if I could be fitted on a 56 since I'd prefer more of the bike below me.
I would get a different base/aero bar (lower) if that would allow me to be on a 56.

So, what is the best size for me?

Thank you,
Boki
Quote Reply
Post deleted by navarrog [ In reply to ]
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Picked up my IA-14 today...Thanks everyone for all of the updates!!! I can post more pics if anyone wants more...

Last edited by: navarrog: Nov 14, 15 15:14
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [navarrog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Update with the TriRig front end and a Catalyst disc cover and that will be a very slick set up.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [navarrog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet! Yes please, the more the better :-))
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [larsvanzanten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anything in particular you want photos of? I picked up my IA 14 today so can take some if you'd like. So far I can confirm that the Bontrager Draft Box will fit even on my midget 48 cm frame

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [simonforster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Felt has such a great opportunity to make a box with the IA 10,14, and 16. Why they are leaving that to other companies is something I don't understand. No one developed anything for the P5/P3/P2 bottom bracket area. Why make a bike with an opportunity to do something new and then ignore it. Quintana Roo made their own bike for their bike.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Nov 19, 15 22:17
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [simonforster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Not really anything specific. Even though I already ordered the IA 14, I'm still doubting whether I love or hate the looks of it :-)
Quote Reply

Prev Next