Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any updates on the XLAB storage for the P5? Was trying out a Specialized Virtue aero bottle, but that does not fit a 54" P5.

campled wrote:
Sorry replied in pm to all the queries here.
Xlab is coming out with a better version of the storage.
Lets all wait for the release.
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 9000 crank [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damon,

recently upgraded to a P5-6 and have simply put washers under the front part of the pads using a longer bolt. I torque the bolts to the 3nm specs... no issues. I did this previously on my Ventus bars and Cervelo P4.

damon_rinard wrote:
Hi James,

As I mentioned, we haven't tested methods to accomplish any tilt, but obviously the two bolts could be spaced differently. Perhaps you or Jeff could try adding a washer or two to under the front bolt? I'm also imagining something like maybe a tapered spacer (wood? epoxy putty?) as long as the bolts still engage & tighten well and the plate is supported.

Just remembered the old Profile pads that used to mount with a single M5 bolt through a ball and socket joint for tilting in any direction. Something like that could also work.

Cheers,

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 9000 crank [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
James,

I put washers under the front part of the pads, using a longer bolt. torque to spec. no problems w/ carbon pad holders when I did it on my Ventus bars and (pending any input from Damon to the contrary) don't expect any problems with my P5-6 Aduro bars.

Eric

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
who did your clear coating?

nebmot wrote:
no, there is no glossy upgrade kit, i went down this path in January, your best bet is to get the satin and have it glossy clear coated. I did this and it looks fine.

Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
isutriguy, he has done a bunch of work for me and is always reasonably priced.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 9000 crank [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric,

Good to hear, thanks for relating your success story.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 9000 crank [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are the specs of the bolt and washer that you used?

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Post deleted by zagax [ In reply to ]
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damon or anyone ...

I bought a P5 Three frameset from a dealer who put things together in my size by taking a fork from another Three and tearing down a complete P5 Six in my size. Nice of them to do that. But I think maybe something is wrong with the cover for the rear brake/bottom bracket area. Is this piece size-specific to the frame size? The one I received fits very poorly and juts out ahead of the leading edge of the down tube. Looks very ... wrong. Nothing like photos I've seen of the frame. I suspect they grabbed one they had laying around and forgot or didn't realize the part varied by frame size and wasn't right for my frame.

Thanks for any help.

Stay aero my friends.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [bobby11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Bob,

You're right, I suspect the photo you sent me shows you got a cover for a 48 cm (650C wheels!) P5, not correct for your 51cm.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Damon.

I only have about 60 miles on it so far, but the P5 is really impressive!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [bobby11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Bob! Good to hear it.

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi
has anyone had issues with rear hydraulic brake? - I have had my P5 for about 3-4 months, and every about 4 weeks have had to take it back to my (experienced) LBS because the brake will intermittently either not work or not release. 4 separate bike mechanics who have worked on bikes longer than I have ridden have tried to fix the problem, but other than bleeding the hydraulics and performing a general clean haven't been able to explain the problem. one time this was unlucky enough to happen the morning I had to check my bike in for an ironman...sucks thinking about your non functioning back brake doing 48 mph down a hill.....i am scared to even take the rear wheel off b/c I don't wanna mess with the rear brake system....

...help...! Have my only other race in 6 weeks on the other side of the continent and not so confident in bringing my P5 across the country and hoping the brake works....(yeah I know, I shouldn't be braking...)

thanks
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [trislower] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have any of the mechanics changed the master cylinder?

Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [trislower] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Tri,

I've heard of only one other similar problem. In that case it turned out the wedge in the brake was malformed, so the rollers would catch on it. Can you have your mechanic take a close look at that part. Maybe visually compare it to a good one.

If that's the problem then Magura should easily be able to help you get it replaced.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks.

Will give that a shot and cross my fingers
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not that i am aware of...will suggest it...
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
campled wrote:
Hi Jnags7,
Sorry replied in pm to all the queries here.
Xlab is coming out with a better version of the storage.
Lets all wait for the release.
Thanks!

Turns out from a reply I received to an email I wrote to Xlab that theres is no current development on a P5 bottom bracket "cell". So would be thankful for a description of the solution you have made, as well as for all other storage tips for the P5.

I can inform that the Specialized Aerus bottle does not fit on a p5 54"

Br Henrik
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm between sizes (54-56) is it better to size up or down on the P5-6?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [shagadelic45] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think sizing down would be most likely the best choice, but if you look at the stack and reach table you can see where you are in relation to the ranges for each size, and that should be the best guide.

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
also, when looking at sizes be sure to take into acount that there really is no xlo currently. ie you can't get it
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so better to adjust "up" on a smaller frame than to adjust "down' on a larger one, specifically on the P5-6?
Last edited by: shagadelic45: Sep 26, 13 7:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
all I can say is you can't go lower than the low bar in the chart on any specific size. so don't count on the additional 20mm lower the xlo goes, as you can not purchase that mount.

which way you go is going to depend on what you are looking to achieve, ie upright "comfort" or higher or lower for aero. you have to know your goals and have an idea where you fall in relation to those. so if you know you want aero and that requires6 or 10 or 15 or 21cm drop for you, make sure your selection allows for that drop. I really can't give anymore input than that.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ok, thanks. i think i like a little more upright/comfort..although the P5-6 is pretty aggressive
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 9000 crank [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damon-

I have done searches but cant find my answer and apologize in advance if you have addressed this already, but do the current versions of the Di2 P5s include the battery than can be charged from the junction box?

Thanks
Quote Reply

Prev Next