Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [TB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's the clear with white Cervelo and 54 (size) on it.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon_rinard wrote:
Hi David,

Removing the plastic sticker is easy of course, just pull it off. To remove the adhesive, I've used rubbing alcohol on a paper tissue or towel. Acetone could also work, but is harsher, so give the rubbing alcohol a chance first.

Obvious in hindsight, but I remember discovering that using a clean section of paper towel seemed to help. :-)

After the stickum (technical term) is all gone, I typically finish off with Pledge.

Cheers,

DONT USE ACETONE!
i used a bit on a cloth to remove the tacky residue from the frame size sticker and it has marked the satin finish. (badly) :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
" what chemicals are in GooGone? "
-------
from the MSDS - Distillates (petroleum), hydrotreated light; Tripropylene glycol methyl ether; Citrus extracts blend

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks David and moonshine.

Sounds like rubbing alcohol is the ticket.

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to use WD40 to remove adhesive and oil stains, but that was on gloss finish..not sure what it would do to matte finish.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [equalme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

Sorry for the post about bike boxes (again!). I have read everyones comments about what boxes to use with the P5, however I have a few options that I have not seen mentioned yet and am keen to hear if anybody has used these with a P5-six or knows anything about them. The two I am looking at are:

Biknd hellium http://www.biknd.com/home.html
B& W hard case http://www.cyclingdeal.com.au/...ase-11kg/96910-SMALL

Have also looked at Bikebox Alan, but with not being able to take a disc wheel it isn't such a good option.

Just got my P5 finally finished today and 100km TT tomorrow what better way to break it in!

Look forward to your comments.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Jesper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This bike is slower than my mountain bike
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [mikewood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't used either of those, but if they fit another TT bike, the P5-6 will work. The only challenge is the removal, etc. of the front end pieces. Outside of that, it is just like packing any other bike. So, I'm sure they will work.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [-BrandonMarshTX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Brandon, thanks for the advice.

Yes the main worry I have is taking the front end to pieces and then being able to re-build it correctly! I just came across the Scicon AeroComfort 2.0. Has anybody used this before. I was initially skeptical about these soft cases but it looks very well padded with plenty of options to add extra padding. The other benefit I see is maybe the front end can stay intact, well the extension bars will need to come off but the rest looks like it could stay as it is. Has anybody used this bag?

Thanks in advance
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [mikewood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have used SciCon bags for the last decade and have used the Aerocomfort bag for the last two years, and it is fantastic. It is the easiest bag to pack any bike and packing a P5 is a breeze. There is a youtube video out there of a triathlete that shows just how easy and fast it is to pack. It's quite durable and after a dozen trips with my Aerocomfort bag I have yet to have any issues.

Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fit and Finish finally done!

Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Triathlete_37] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks great! I had a similar setup behind my saddle that, the more I looked at it, the more it bugged me. Felt like I was robbing myself of a couple of grand worth of aero technology.

-----------------
Dale Stephanos (Formerly PappaD)

Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ngl1145] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you provide an update on how the seasucker mount has worked for you?

Thanks
Seth
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Triathlete_37, not sure from the picture but it looks like you have the standard stem cap on which is not required with the Aduro bar, there should not be such a big gap between the spacers and the frame, and that would also explain why you have a big gap between the beard and the brake shroud.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [RobW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a pretty scary thing happen to me on my P5 this past weekend... I was training on the Lake Placid bike course and bombing down the bike descent into Keene. I was basically in a tuck position on my aerobars with my pedals level and my butt putting very little to no weight on my seat. This road is a bit bumpy at these speeds as I had just passed the ~50mph section. I was probably going ~42mph just before the technical section near the end when my left aerobar pad broke right off... Scared the crap out of me, but I didn't wreck. I grabbed the pad with my other hand and simply carried it the rest of the way down while riding on the bullhorns sitting up to collect the wind as an air brake.

When I got to the bottom, I inspected it and saw that the bolts were still in my pad holders, but it looked like the threaded holes were a little bit marred inside now. Note, I use the little Zipp extender tabs to get the pads about 0.5cm wider than they will go on their own and I use the Low bar setup.

A friend had a Multi-tool with him so I removed the bolts from the pads and then reassembled the whole thing on the side of the road and it felt like the bolts did 'bite' as I screwed them down in... But a couple of miles down the road, it broke off again at about 20mph this time, causing me to swerve pretty violently, and nearly giving the person right behind me a heart attack. This time I just put the pad in my jersey pocket and road the remaining 30 miles in the bullhorns or by putting my left arm down on the base bar in the aero position.

I stopped at a bike shop in town and they did a temporary fix by putting longer bolts in with nuts on the bottom side so the bolts could not come out and they also put longer bolts on the right side 'just in case'...

So consider this a P.S.A. To be careful.

Also, Do any of the Cervelo people know where I can get a replacement bracket that the pad holders screw down into now that the holes are clearly stripped in mine?

This in no way changes my opinion of this awesome bike, because I love riding it and it is super fast. I feel totally safe and secure on it, but it is a bike after all and little things can go wrong with anything.
Last edited by: withrow79: Jun 19, 13 4:18
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [RobW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MF'r...You are right. I googled Cervelo P5 on Google images and you are right. I am starting to get frustrated with my LBS...which has been great for last 2 decades on my road bike. Yet another call in to them.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [hobie1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally did my 7900 Di2 hack!

Bought Cateye buttons and the Shimano Rear Derailleur cable so i can easily remove the shifters and no splicing on the original Di2 harness. It's plut ang play! Works great! I've attached a diagram how to do it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What are people using to generally clean the sweat,snot etc of the Matt finish ?. The white graphics seem especially hard to get looking clean again. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [withrow79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
withrow79 - glad to hear that you kept it cool in a scary situation. We can help you out through any authorized Cervélo retailer. We'll find out what happened and get a solution. I'll send you a PM so we can follow up.

Thanks,

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [slalomdude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As someone suggested earlier, Armor All Wipes work great on the matte finish.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if you take it out now, it will lower your armpad stack. so if you are happy with where it is, you can leave it. if you want it 5mm lower you can remove it. you could throw another spacer in there, but that will require recabling, unless you do some mods to a spacer to get it to allow the install without cable removal.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [slalomdude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For the white parts, I used Wesley's Bleach white (used to use that for white walls years ago when tires had such a thing ;-). For the rest - baby wipes!

Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

I'm a little bit confused about the x-lo mount of the Aduro aero bar, is there anybody who could show me a picture of the x-lo mount?
thank you!

Martha
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [withrow79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I broke 4 3t pad brackets on my P4. You just hear a snap usally after hitting a hole and both the extension and pad come loose. lucky I never wrecked but you will clean out your shorts
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [hobie1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hobie1 wrote:
Finally did my 7900 Di2 hack!

Bought Cateye buttons and the Shimano Rear Derailleur cable so i can easily remove the shifters and no splicing on the original Di2 harness. It's plut ang play! Works great! I've attached a diagram how to do it.

Hobie1, where did you find the Rear Deraileur cables for this? I'd like to help a few friends with their hacks, but can't find those cables anywhere...
Quote Reply

Prev Next