Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Damon!

Time to raid the girlfriend's makeup drawer! :-) Otherwise drag my bike into the MAC store.

Do you have a specific colour of white/black that I can use for initial reference?

/Andrew
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi jeffp,

Good question. I always coat the bearing with as much grease as will fit, inside and out, all surfaces, when I assemble the bearing in the frame. Don't worry about using too much grease, any excess will naturally squeeze out and you can simply wipe it off.

If you find rust is still a problem, there are compatible stainless steel bearings available aftermarket. Any normal "IS" (Internal Standard) bearings (e.g. from Cane Creek, FSA, etc.) will fit. One of the nice things about the P5's design emphasis on simplicity as well as speed!

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [CanadianStekare] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Andrew,

Good idea to get your girlfriend involved. :-)

I have no color recommendations, sorry.

Maybe someone else can recommend a close match...?

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Re: 3T Aduro x-lo Armpad Base Question [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon_rinard wrote:
Hi martha,

Great photo, thanks, makes your question very clear!

As you guessed, you do not have the X-Low extension mount. It's very similar to the Low mounts you have, but not identical.

The X-Low should be available through any Cervelo retailer.

Nice extensions on the top in your photo. What kind are they? They look like they could be quite comfortable!

Cheers,

Hi Damon,

thank you for the light! My boyfriend already got mad with me and my mysterious x-low mount....

ups, I took his Argon Extensions for the photo.....
too much stuff :-)

Greets,
Martha
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In case anyone else is wondering, the NYX Matte White and NYX Matte Black nail polish are almost a perfect match. It takes some patience to apply it. I ended up using a needle and "dotting" the paint into place. It's not as good as the original paint job, but nicely hides the paint chip.

Perhaps for Christmas this year, I'll get a power meter and new paint job for myself. :)
Last edited by: CanadianStekare: Jun 26, 13 3:53
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [withrow79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
withrow79 wrote:
TriPigeon wrote:
Any word on people successfully hacking a satellite solution for the 9070 system yet? I won't be able to get my hands on my P5 for another two months (I'm in the UK, it's in transit in the US, and the taxes to bring it over here to build it would be like 1500.00GBP) and so can't compare all the electronics myself.

I'm hoping to have the info for a working satellite hack in place when I arrive in the US and build the bike up (and pre-order any hard to find parts, like the 7900 series RD cable seems to have been). Any help or suggestions on who to chat with would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a pretty detailed review of the hack you'll need to do. http://dinosarti.com/...k-out-of-my-di2-9070

The 9070 parts are super easy to find as Shimano is shifting everything to the new e-tube system. It's the older 7900 stuff that is basically discontinued now. You can buy the extra set of TT shifters and the cateye buttons now and have the hack completely done in advance. Then when your bike shows up, all you'll need to do is plug them in and mount them to your bike. Good luck.

Many thanks for your precious review.

I have already a 7900 Di2 kit that I will put on a P5six. I only want to do the hack for rear derailleur. Do you think it is possible to do the same operation than you (putting CateyeButtons) with the use of a Shimano R-671 aero pod parts and connect it as normal 79di2 brake and shifter lever ?

Thanks in advance !
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [DougWelsby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DougWelsby wrote:
My first couple of P5 rides outside this past weekend, and it was epic. 50km in the pouring rain to a 10km trail run race, then 50km back home. 8 degrees Celsius made it cold, miserable...and perfect to HTFU.

Now, on to the P5 part of the post. My aero bars are not staying put in the Aduro bars. My LBS torqued the collet nuts, and after a short ride outside a week ago, I torqued them some more, using an adjustable wrench and rag to protect the cosmetics. They are tight enough that I am afraid of breaking something by over tightening them, but they are not staying put.

After my ride on the weekend the aero bar extensions have ended up rotated slightly in the Aduro bars. I cannot easily rotate them back, so I'll loosen the collet nuts and realign them, but I believe that they will simply move again with any sort of hard effort while pedaling.

So - any tricks or ideas to keep these from moving?

I had thought about putting a couple of small dabs of tubular glue on the extensions before inserting them, but it is messy stuff and it could make for problems when trying to remove the bars if necessary for service or transport.

Suggestions welcomed...thanks.

"campled" replied to my posting, suggesting that lots of Teflon tape wrapped around the bars would help. It didn't. I also tried using some two-face tape, thinking that the adhesive properties would help. It didn't.

I have the nuts cranked as tight as I am willing to, fearing that any more will strip the threads or crack the nuts or threaded bar end.

What to do? The bars keep slipping, and right now I am pretty much unwilling to race on this bike as it's dangerous. I'm constantly having to adjust the bars while riding, and if I'm not careful, a little bit of rotational force to realign them moves my bike sideways (think of pulling on the handlebars - of course you'll change direction!)

Am I the only one with this problem? Have others come up with solutions? I'm thinking about something radical like drilling a hole completely through the nut/bar, and inserting a pin of some sort to prevent rotation. That will be a tricky operation, given that the gear cabling is inside the bar extensions - I'll have to remove the cabling before doing this.

Help!!!??? Thank you...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Doug,

Sorry to hear of your slipping extensions. Sounds like you've tried a few tricks, so I apologise if you've already tried this, but the official recommendation is:

1. Tacx Dynamic Carbon Assembly Paste between the extensions and the collet, and
2. Grease in the threads between the collet and nut.

You have the right technique using a rag and a big wrench to tighten. The allowed torque is quite high, and if you exceed it, the worst that happens is you dent the collet nuts - and in that case remember you have a spare set that came with the Aduro bars.

Please let me know how that works.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You say any IS bearing from will work. But is it an IS 41 or 38 standard? Just curious as I want to get a replacement set.

Also, any assembly instructions/order of the bearing and centering washers available?

Finally, I understand the the rotor bbright -> gxp bb works for most bikes, but it doesn't for the P5 correct?

Thanks as always for te help!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [slalomdude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bjke Shine works great
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DougWelsby wrote:
I have the nuts cranked as tight as I am willing to, fearing that any more will strip the threads or crack the nuts or threaded bar end.

What to do? The bars keep slipping, and right now I am pretty much unwilling to race on this bike as it's dangerous. I'm constantly having to adjust the bars while riding, and if I'm not careful, a little bit of rotational force to realign them moves my bike sideways (think of pulling on the handlebars - of course you'll change direction!)

Am I the only one with this problem?

Mine were slipping at first, but I took Damon's advice:

1) Plenty of carbon assembly paste
2) Wrap rag around nuts (the bike's, not mine)
3) Tighten with pipe wrench.

They never moved again. No problemo.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [David Byer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
reviving this old post....

what are the effective stem lengths available for the Aduro? Anything longer than 90mm?

thanks,
Eric

David Byer wrote:
The Adura Bars have an integrated 90mm stem and 25mm fore and 25mm aft adjustment for the arm pads. The 51cm Three should ship with a 70mm stem for a 51cm. Please keep in mind that 'specs may change without notice,' meaning; if we had a shortage of 70s, we might ship with a different length.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damon,

do you have any info on available stem lengths for the Aduro? I'd be interested in a longer version.

also, how much additional stack can be freed up by using the absolute minimum of bearing covers or perhaps grinding the bottom of the Aduro stem (not Cervelo approved of course) where it meets the bearing?

thanks

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pretty sure there is just the one size fits all model and any effective length change is all in that pad adjustment David talked about.

might be 5mm without the bearing cap, which is unneeded and I think the fit table have it figured without it anyway. ie without it you get the table value, with it , higher. can't be sure, But I thought that was how it was measured

grinding..............
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi eric,

Jeff nailed it.
- One Aduro (elbow pad adjusts, not stem length)
- No lower than "no spacers," i.e., Aduro stem right on top of the headset's split cone.

On the other hand, after our wind tunnel research confirmed that the P5's head tube aero shapes had no penalty compared to narrower versions, we intentionally chose a standard fork steerer diameter, which opens up the possibilities for other stems & bars if you like.

Cheers,

Damon

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the problem is I'm absolutely stuck on geometry... need 10mm less stack than a slammed 58 w/ high V.

no problem you say, just use low bars and spacers to bring them up to where you need them. Well, then I lose 10mm of reach, which I really need as I'm pegged as it is, only hitting my reach with the stem slammed and arm pads all the way forward.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Going by what you've said, you need a stack of 655 and reach of 545. A 61cm p5 with low bars and a 5mm spacer should be perfect, or do you already have the 58?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damon,

Is the P5 headset an IS 41 or 38? I need to replace a bearing and just Need to know which to order. Also, it needs the 45 degree bevel correct? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Zach,

Your P4 (and all Cervelos with 1 1/8" fork steerer tubes) uses IS41: 45 degree frame contact, and bearings about 41 mm OD.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Damon,

I'm mounting a P5-six 2013 and it appears that I need 2 washers of 2mm (instead of 1 on the mounting guide) between the frame and the rear caliper. Is this normal ?

Thanks in advance

Nick
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Nick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Nick,

You can use as many washers as you like as long as you still get 6 full turns of the nut engaged.

But be sure the cover will still fit. The brake is designed to fit very close to the frame, and if you add spacers it may move the brake into interfering with the cover.

It's easy to check, just hold the cover in place over the brake and look inside.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damon_rinard wrote:
Hi Nick,

You can use as many washers as you like as long as you still get 6 full turns of the nut engaged.

But be sure the cover will still fit. The brake is designed to fit very close to the frame, and if you add spacers it may move the brake into interfering with the cover.

It's easy to check, just hold the cover in place over the brake and look inside.

Cheers,

Many thanks Damon.

I replaced the 2 washers with one classic with little dents.
Seems to work well.

Nick
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Candice - XLAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Question on the Xlab Delta Sonic system:

I have just installed one on my P5 but the saddle is pretty far back which means that the "leg" of the hydration system only just gets into the seatpost, i.e. the screw is at the very end of the seatpost. I have heard that such an outer position can make the seatpost crack and the screw ideally should be approx 2 cms into the seatpost. Any suggestions to what I should do? Do not want my seatpost to break.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [andreasjs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey!

I would check out the Delta Sonic XL then. We just launched it last week and started shipping it to dealers. The rod is .8" longer allowing for a more rearward seat position! Ignore the picture on there right now. We needed to move the saddle back more and still waiting for the photo to be fixed :)

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Candice - XLAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would love to check it out but just spent 110 USD on the traditional one assuming it would work :( Well, I guess I have to see if I can ride iwth the saddle a few cm more forward
Quote Reply

Prev Next