It's 20 second's work with a Dremel sanding drum:

Other methods could also be used.

Cheers,

Damon

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 9000 crank [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damon, Thanks for replying so quickly.
What if we don't have the Dremel sanding tool ? Is it a hard work to remove the ridge.
My LBS suggested that Sugino-IDS24 super ceramic converter fit well with keeping the ridge intact.
Since my LBS is told as too dififcult, I have to do it by myself where I stick to Rotor 4624 converter.
Is the ridge to be scraped off with a craft cutter, still more the molding barr ?
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 9000 crank [hirochan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hirochan wrote:
What if we don't have the Dremel sanding tool ?

Go buy one! They're <$100 US for a basic model and only ~$160 US for the all-singing/dancing cordless! They're one of the most indispensable tools anyone can have in their tool crib.

Dave
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi hirochan,

Dave has a good idea. But a craft cutter can also do the job.

Cheers,

Edited to add: Thank you hirochan for making me aware of Sugino's BBright to Shimano bottom bracket.

http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/...gino-br-ids24sc.html

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Last edited by: damon_rinard: Aug 3, 13 18:50
Quote Reply
Post deleted by hirochan [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: hirochan: Aug 4, 13 10:30
Re: Dura Ace 9000 crank [djmercer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
djmercer wrote:
hirochan wrote:
What if we don't have the Dremel sanding tool ?

Go buy one! They're <$100 US for a basic model and only ~$160 US for the all-singing/dancing cordless! They're one of the most indispensable tools anyone can have in their tool crib.

Dave

+1 I agree they are soooo useful

If you are sure you will fail, or convinced you will succeed, you are probably right.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anybody find a way to order these sugino bottom brackets if we don't speak Japanese ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Damon,
I could finally see so-called ridge at the both ends. I'm sure it's easy to remove the ridge at the non-drive side.
However, it's very hard to determine where to sand at the drive side, because it sticks up once and assimilates into the whole bottom area, as shown in the picture. Do I have to sand the whole lift-up, or the front half lift-up leaving the back ? Two metal stuff can be seen at another side. No wonder that my LBS stated it's too difficult to work on it. It's obvious that the BBright shell of my P5 isn't compatible with any Rotor BB4624 nor 4630 due to its own long cartridge.

Last edited by: hirochan: Aug 6, 13 9:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi hirochan,

I can't see you picture, but I understand what you mean. It's only necessary to sand away a little material. The inside diameter must only be a fraction of a millimeter bigger than the diameter of the Rotor bottom bracket.

However, with the Sugino bottom bracket, it might be possible that no frame modification is necessary. It's dimensions are different from the Rotor. Like the Rotor, the Sugino bottom bracket fits in the frame (46mm diameter), length about 13 millimeters. In the photo, the Sugino bottom bracket looks like it changes diameter to something much smaller (32mm?) inside the frame. This is different from the Rotor bottom brackets. Because of this difference in diameter, the Sugino might not interfere with the frame at all.

Please ask your shop to check if the Sugino can fit with NO frame modification. I think it's likely.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CPT Chaos,
Do you actually maintain the extension aero bars to pack your P5 in the SCICON AEROCONFORT bag as shown in the YouTube videos ? Or you take them off??? No issues with air travel???
Tks
Juan
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [David Byer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
David, is this upgrade kit still available? If so, is the pricing still current?
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 9000 crank [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any update on timelines for that integrated tool kit? I also would love to get my hands on one for my 56!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [JuanV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do, but use a foam tube over the extensions to provide added protection (mainly for the shifters).

Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apparently there was a recent P5 recall...can you give us an update

Thanks,

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 9000 crank [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi David,

Info in this thread:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=4705112

Edited to add the thread title:
P5 -6 bar issue STOP SALE

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Last edited by: damon_rinard: Aug 10, 13 15:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Damon,

Do you have any experience with the new Campag EPS battery that is reported to be released soon. I was wondering if the new battery would fit in P5 Di2 battery compartment or whether you could envisage any problems installing the new battery down the seat tube.
The lack of internal options for the current EPS battery has been the reason for me not purchasing a P5 so far and I'm hoping the new battery will change things for me.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 9000 crank [Norty Raskel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Norty,

Great question. We do not officially claim it will fit, and unfortunately I don't have one here to try. I did try a 27.2 seat post, which is about the same diameter as the internal battery, and it goes into the BB area about 15cm. If the Campy internal battery is shorter than that you might be able to get it to "unofficially" fit.

I'm sure it won't go into the seat tube, since the opening is too narrow - only about 20 millimeters wide.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Last edited by: damon_rinard: Aug 14, 13 5:56
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 9000 crank [Norty Raskel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The big EPS battery has been the main reason why I opted to get Shimano Di2 for my P5. :-)

Norty Raskel wrote:
The lack of internal options for the current EPS battery has been the reason for me not purchasing a P5 so far and I'm hoping the new battery will change things for me.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 9000 crank [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you switch out the Red?

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 9000 crank [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
The big EPS battery has been the main reason why I opted to get Shimano Di2 for my P5. :-)

Norty Raskel wrote:

Thanks

My Di2 fits in the stem so no aero penalty at all, it's a squeeze but it goes in and I only charge once per month so absolutely great.

If you are sure you will fail, or convinced you will succeed, you are probably right.....
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 9000 crank [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not yet, but I have not added it yet. Maybe the basebar swap will be the right time .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Damon,

Just wondering if the 3T Brezza Nano would be faster than the Aduro on the P5? it is much narrower. I hardly touch the base bar when I am riding.

The other question is how about the USE1 R1 aerobar?

just been considering the two bars and was hoping to transfer either to my new P5 next year (fingers crossed)!!!!

Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 9000 crank [thePharaoh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Pharaoh,

Those are both very fast bars, but we don't have any comparative data to say for sure. If I were guessing I'd agree with you - whichever ends up fitting best could be a good choice.

The Nano reminds me of a prototype I designed about seven years ago. The bar had arm pads, then brake lever handles - essentially no base bar wing. In the aero extensions, there was no difference in handling, but the weird part was I had to remember not to default to my normal reactions when going for the brakes or I'd have missed the handlebar! Once my hands were on the handles, steering was a little different but my reactions soon adjusted and the bike was fine, even for tight turnarounds in narrow roads.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 9000 crank [thePharaoh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thePharaoh wrote:
The other question is how about the USE1 R1 aerobar?
I have a P5-3 with R1 and TriRig Omega brakes and Sigma stem. I have only been able to ride it once, for a 50 mile TT, but it seems to aerolab very similarly to my SC9, which is probably a teeny bit faster than a stock SC9 as it has the TriRig clamps. I'm not very happy with the braking performance, so am considering changing to the TriRig Alpha bars and Magura brakes.

HED Lazy S extensions, SC pad supports and pads, Raceware Garmin mount.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
campled wrote:
Finally finished my tool box.
Completes my DIYs for the build (Di2 base bar shifters, bento & tool box).
Was apprehensive about the 38cm width base bars but steering is stable.
The Maguras are great, more than the stopping power,the often used modulation & feel is incredible.

Tool box fits spare, cannisters & levers well.

Has anyone heard a reply from Campled on this? Saw lots of great compliments on it but no response from Campled.

No one else is aware of anything currently on the market, right? Hear there are a couple "in the works" but nothing out right now.

Lastly anyone know any other bento boxes besides xlab that is available today?
Quote Reply

Prev Next