Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Dura Ace 9000 crank [hunki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use it. It works well. To pack I need to:
-remove saddle (easy)
-remove front break & its covers (easy)
-remove handle bar (not as easy, but gets easier the more you do it). Have to remove the bottle holder in order to release the bars, there are maybe 8-10 screws you have to remove to be able to shift the handle/aero bars to the side to fit in casecase

Overall, once you learn how to deal with the aerobars, it is pretty easy. I really like the triall3 case and it is very sturdy. Drawback is you need top rent a big SUV or minivan to fit it in
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 9000 crank [IronDoc947] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you really need to remove the breaks? Why?
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 9000 crank [hunki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, otherwise the front break cable it too tight to remove the base of the handle bars off the stem. May depend on what bar configuration you have and the number of spacers. I have the Xlo and few spacers. There simply isn't enough slack in my break cable to lift the bars up and over without releasing the front break. By releasing, all I mean is removing the screw (?6mm allen) that attaches the break to frame. I don't do anything with the cable or bleeding. So when I rebuild, all I need to do is simply reinsert screw to attach back to frame. Maybe a 30-60 sec step. Actually takes longer to get the aero covers back over the break than reattaching the break.
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 9000 crank [IronDoc947] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the explanation....
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Ted Striker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Ted Striker wrote:
Not to say we don't have a design for this.... However, at present we do not plan on offering a P5 or new P3 specific hydration/storage solution. That may change.

The Vr bottle albeit is not a perfect fit a la P4,but it does mount very well to this frame. You can see it on Trevor Wurtele's bike on our FB page.

Hans
Damon can tell me who produces the P5 frame storage solution for the P5. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [rcmioga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rcmioga wrote:
Damon--thanks for all the input! Could you tell us about eompatability/issues with using Campy EPS as oppossed to Di2?

thanks!
Anybody set up a P5 six with the Campagnolo EPS? Is it fine? Where did you fit the battery? Are the little gear change levers as good or better than the Shimano buttons?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [leahnp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi leahnp,

I'm not aware of any commercially available frame-mounted storage solutions yet. I understand TorHans, X-Lab, DarkSpeedWorks and perhaps others will potentially be making them. For now the only options I'm aware of are either something that attaches to the down tube using the standard bottle cage mounts, or DIY solutions, as you've probably seen in this thread.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Damon i was getting excited when I saw the storage and hydration page on the cervelo P5 site.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [leahnp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes! Me too. I look forward to those.

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 9000 crank [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damon, I'm still a bit confused by the sanding to fit a Rotor 4624 BB. I don't want to have a go at pressing it in, only to find it won't fit, because removal won't be easy and may damage the Rotor cups. I can see some little bits of minor excess on the inner edge, no problem to take those off. But on the bottom of the drive side there looks to be a pretty huge amount of material that may well need taking off:

I can't tell for sure that the cup won't press in with it like that, as the smaller radius inner part won't reach there till I press some of the outer part in, but from putting my fingers in from the other side and feeling it, it seems like it will block the inner part of the cup. The frameset was supplied to me earlier this year, so it's not an early production unit. Is it expected that I might have to remove so much material from there?
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 9000 crank [Steve Irwin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the clear photo. That's exactly the bit of carbon you should remove.

As you explained well, it's a dilemma not knowing whether the cup will fit - until it doesn't. Best way to be sure is to simply remove that bit beforehand.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thought I'd put up a shot of my P5 as I had it set up for IMLP last weekend. Love it!

[/url]

-----------------
Dale Stephanos (Formerly PappaD)

Last edited by: PappaD: Aug 1, 13 8:08
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 9000 crank [PappaD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dale,

Can you tell me what is the seat pack that you have attached to the rear of the bike and around the Delta Sonic please? I presently use a tool bottle in the rear holder but would like it available for fluids for longer races.

Thanks,

Steven
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 9000 crank [sdkenny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steven, it's the smaller xlab tool bag. Not sure what the model name is.

-----------------
Dale Stephanos (Formerly PappaD)

Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 9000 crank [sdkenny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1

I'm searching for exactly the same solution!

My situation is compounded by the fact that I am riding on tubulars, so I need to carry a spare. Right now, for long rides / races, I am using a bottle cage on the downtube, and have a tubular / CO2 / CO2 dispenser all jammed in a bottle. It works, but I wouldn't mind freeing this up to either a) carry a third bottle (1 up front, 1 out back, 1 on the downtube) or b) get rid of the aero sucking downtube bottle.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all,
the aerobar armpads are OK for me up to HIM, but I guess I'll get a bit sore and whiny in late stages of full IM.
Has anyone found a good aerobar pad replacement that fits and is maybe a bit thicker and cushier than the stock pad?
Thanks in advance,
Ron
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [FortyishForever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try Ceegee's, I'm sure they have one for the aduro.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [borncrazy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Borncrazy,
Indeed they do. I'm embarrassed I didn't know about CeeGees. Thanks.
Ron
Last edited by: FortyishForever: Aug 1, 13 18:39
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [FortyishForever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have found the arm pads that come with the bars to be the most comfortable I have ever used. Just finished Ironman Lake Placid and the arm pads are a complete non-issue. I have always liked the Cee Gees, but these are so comfortable I see no need for them. Are the pads hitting close to your elbows?

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
david wrote:
I have found the arm pads that come with the bars to be the most comfortable I have ever used. Just finished Ironman Lake Placid and the arm pads are a complete non-issue. I have always liked the Cee Gees, but these are so comfortable I see no need for them. Are the pads hitting close to your elbows?

I totally agree. I also just finished IMLP and had done 5 training rides of longer than 100 miles prior and I just love the original arm pads. Zero issues for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 9000 crank [PappaD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is my LP Bike:

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [withrow79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 - the stock pads work well for me. Two weeks ago, we rode Ottawa to Lake Placid (Friday), rest day (Saturday), then Lake Placid to Ottawa (Sunday). 255kms each way. No issues, no pain...in my arms. Wish I could say the same for my butt ;-0

(gettin' the long miles in in preparation for Leadman 250)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know what the torque nm setting is for the Cervelop P5 2013?

Can't find it in any of the Cervelo manuals.

Edit: Sorry meant to say seat post!

If you are sure you will fail, or convinced you will succeed, you are probably right.....
Last edited by: Crash Master: Aug 2, 13 14:52
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [DougWelsby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK OK, I admit, I also like the stock pads. I've had no probs with them so far including HIM and long rides (where I'm lazy and only use aero position maybe 50% of the time). The truth is that I'm in a far more aggressive position on the P5 than I've used on my previous bike and after my HIM this year, the sorest thing on me for the subsequent few days was my neck and trapezoids from holding aero position for 2:30 straight. Although it doesn't really hurt, deep into an aero ride I find the contact point of the aft edge of the pad against my arm a bit annoying. For my full IM later this year I just wanted to buy some insurance by getting a thicker cushier pad. Maybe a teeny tiny but less hip angle and a bit more comfort on the arms. That's all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Damon,
My LBS called me that a deep ridge could be found in the shell and it looked very difficult to remove by sanding.
Do you believe that it's easy to move it out as long as the position is clear, and it's easier to remove it by scraping, not sanding ?
He suggests that another manufacturer's 4624 BB of which cartridge is narrow be a better choice. I'll check it tomorrow, though.
Last edited by: hirochan: Aug 4, 13 5:40
Quote Reply

Prev Next