Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
MI_Mumps wrote:
The relay talk bores me. Can we talk about the US men in Leeds?

I fast forwarded most of the bike because I heard Murray won, so when he came out :50 down I knew they were coming together. I’m gonna need you guys to help me out and save me from scanning through that ride..:

Pearson had a nice swim. What happened?

McElroy didn’t swim great, but still came out with Murray. What happened?

Kanute did his thing. I think with A. Brownlee up front they might have stayed away. What the hell is the problem with those front dudes (not Kanute)? Were they maxed out, or did they wimp out?

Jonny Brownlee was Ill, no Brownlee's no party!

It's a shame we got a Brownlee no show the year Mola, Murray etc decide to show up in Leeds.

Bit disappointed Murray seemed to draft the entire Bike, I certainly didn't even notice he was racing until T2, Mola and Blummenfelt seemed to do the majority of front work in the chase pack that's the 2nd race Murray has done this, this year.

The chase pack are now stronger on the bike also. Murray I used to respect, he never put his nose in the wind once that I observed, Commonwealth Games was the only race he did take turns at the front for a while now. Respect lost.
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leeds this year is a race which we can't really take a lot away from, it seemed that so many athletes were quite ill from Nottingham and weren't capable of racing at anywhere near their best. Haven't really heard much from your USA guys but if you are disappointingly surprised by some of their results that is probably the reason. I am not talking a head cold ill here either, it sounds like a very nasty Gastro bug, no one can race well with that.
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [chrisb12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No Hamburg talk?

Did I see it correctly that Spirig is actually doing the individual race? We get to see her go head to head with a hopefully healthy Duffy!
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice catch! She is on the start list! I hope Duffy is healthy but I can't imagine her risking it if she wasn't given olympic qualifying has begun.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spirig is almost assuredly approaching the race with a specific goal which has nothing to do with her overall placement. That is how her coach works. And then her coach will complain about how athletes are fairly compensated for their performance. He will fail to see the hypocrisy. I hate it when she shows up because it is always a letdown.

Rant over.

Just a reminder, this is a sprint race (I think!)

What I am interested in on the men's side is how JB does. I hate seeing him look ordinary. I hope he does well. I think Murray wins this, though.

Women's side I hope to see Duffy recovered so that we get an exciting head to head with Zaferes. I'd like to see them both break away with 1 or 2 others and battle on the run. I feel like they are the clear 1/2 in the world right now...
Last edited by: ajthomas: Jul 13, 18 9:20
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am looking forward to the team event on Sunday, as that has become one of the most entertaining events on the WTS circuit. I haven't looked at the start lists, is Mola racing? He is a devil at the sprint distance, and I would put him ahead of Murray if he is racing.

On the women's side, it is hard to argue against KZ or Duffy (if they are both fully fit), but the short distance might bring in a few others that have been under performing so far (Gentle for one).

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is a fun race.
Blu is going for it.
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, looks like they’re getting quite a bit of help from the moto too unfortunately.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hopefully the other Norwegians can sit in the front of the second group and slow them down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well right after I said that they permanently moved the moto to behind the lead group. Nice to see.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who is commentating on the live feed? The female voice?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not the best day for Blu. That is racing.
It is going to be one amazing last lap
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is an awesome race
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
This is an awesome race

This race had everything. People attacking on the bike, great running, bad stomach, everybody sprinting to get top 30.

I love ITU racing.

Not the best day for the Norwegians, but that is racing.

The best guy won.
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [sfjab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sfjab wrote:
Who is commentating on the live feed? The female voice?

Kirsten Sweetland
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep... heard them say so at the end... seems like it's someone different almost every time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The men's swim start was a total f.up, the athletes standing on the right if the podium(highest ranked) were stopped by a kayak for the false start. The rest of the field Continued and the kayak moved back out and let it go. They were really disadvantaged there. Shambles ITU
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The French women is running amazingly.
What a race
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, we got a star here.

She looks like a pure, pro runner. So smooth.
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, that was impressive...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What a race.

And as a Norwegian. Lotte Miller got 12th. That is a breakthrough for her.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow. The rest of those women, especially Duffy, just got put on notice. Putting 30 seconds on them in a 5k is pure domination.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:
The French women is running amazingly.
What a race

She did the same thing to Kasper at the Nottingham relay, came off the bike together (after hanging onto Kasper’s wheel for dear life) then just ran away from her right from the beginning. Must have given her a shot of confidence.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So here's my question regarding the past few women's races. Emma Jeffcoat (AUS) has been fairly consistently dominating over her fellow Aussies, Charlotte McShane, Ashleigh Gentle, and Gillian Backhouse...and yet...she isn't in contention for racing for AUS in Tokyo. What's up with that?
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [HeartRN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HeartRN wrote:
So here's my question regarding the past few women's races. Emma Jeffcoat (AUS) has been fairly consistently dominating over her fellow Aussies, Charlotte McShane, Ashleigh Gentle, and Gillian Backhouse...and yet...she isn't in contention for racing for AUS in Tokyo. What's up with that?

Actually not true. She hasn't been dominating against them. She has been doing well in some world cup(the 2nd tier events, not WTS) races that they haven't been competing in. And why do you say she is out of contention for Tokyo, no one is in or out at this early stage. Like everyone else she has to prove herself and her form at the top level,(wts) which she actually hasn't as yet.
Last edited by: chrisb12: Jul 14, 18 19:21
Quote Reply

Prev Next