Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

From Triathlon Canada about mixed team:

The Canadian squad will be led by three members of the Commonwealth Games team including: Tyler Mislawchuk (Oak Bluff, Man.) who is coming off a career-best fourth-place finish on the World Triathlon Series; Joanna Brown (Carp, Ont.), who became just the fourth Canadian ever to reach the Commonwealth Games podium this spring where she came home with a bronze and has been with the world-leaders on the World Triathlon Series over the last two years; and Matt Sharpe (Victoria), who has steadily been climbing his way up the international standings. Olympian Amelie Kretz (Blainville, Que.), who was part of Canada’s best-ever fifth-place result in the mixed relay at the World Champs since the event was moved to Hamburg, is keen to make her first relay start this year.

If it were up to me, I'd have Kretz lead off, then Sharpe, then Brown, then Mislawchuk (so 2 strongest at the end to secure a podium).

Advocating for research & treatment for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME).
http://www.meaction.net/about/what-is-me/

"Suck it up, Buttercup"
(me, to myself, every day)
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [Scotttriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sitting in at the front...........for the French.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: Jun 7, 18 10:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got the feed working...what did I miss?
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not much, US and French 1-2 with 20s gap on group of 10...australia near last place with BAD 300m swim; lost 30s in a 300m swim...ouch.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
4 deep crowd on the run...that's freaking awesome to see!

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AUS, ZAF, and CAN...wow
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The moto cam drafting is really disgusting - the producers / moto drivers should be fired by ITU for interference.

Are the commentators blind? Its obvious the lead moto cam is providing draft, while the second moto cam is following the pack.

"Suck it up, Buttercup"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this race has blown up on leg 3.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Katie Z. went bonkers on the bike. She runs as well as she can with that body type.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ouch Mexico lapped (although I guess he's still finishing).

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: Jun 7, 18 11:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My god, look at Johnny Brownlee's run...don't hurt yourself again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not kidding when I say this....Robin Hood enjoying the sprint finishes at the finish line here in Nottingham!

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sry but this race was fucked up. The camera motor bike rode directly in front of the american athlete the entire bike ride. Can´t take this one seriously. Brownlee would´ ve easily catched him but I guess the british organizers don´t want their team to win.
Big fuck up ITU and I am not british FYI.
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [bentus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bentus wrote:
Sry but this race was fucked up. The camera motor bike rode directly in front of the american athlete the entire bike ride. Can´t take this one seriously. Brownlee would´ ve easily catched him but I guess the british organizers don´t want their team to win.
Big fuck up ITU and I am not british FYI.

Yeah. Johnny just complained to Kris Gemmell and then goes on to say he was pulling I think he said 450 watt and still being ridden away from.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No.....the camera guy rode directly in front of the leader, that wasn't an American bias thing going on there. That was an front of the race issue.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah the bike rode in front of the leader but McElroy would ve gotten caught by the chasers without the lead motor bike. Idc if he was american, british, spanish or what ever. I just want to see honest racing and I cant stand when he is just talking about all the hard work he did on the bike when he is being asked by the moderator how he increased the lead on the bike while he was just drafting a huge ass motorbike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
No.....the camera guy rode directly in front of the leader, that wasn't an American bias thing going on there. That was an front of the race issue.

Exactly - so I just sent of an email to ITU Headquarters at - it would be good for them to hear more requests for them to be accountable for fair play: ituhdq@triathlon.org

Hello ITU,

I just finished watching the mixed relay in the UK on TriathlonLive.

I was very disappointed in the obvious draft the lead moto cam was providing for the bike leader in each leg of the race. Sport is supposed to be fair. This was not a fair race.

This is a degradation of triathlon, is unacceptable in sport, and should be unacceptable by ITU.

What actions is the ITU going to take to ensure this sporting fiasco doesn't occur in Leeds and subsequent ITU races?

I look forward to your reply.

"Suck it up, Buttercup"
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [ilanias] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just using their (A and JB’s) own tactics. What, they don’t like it when it’s not them with the lead wheel?

In all seriousness, that is an issue that they need to fix across the board.

https://twitter.com/mungub
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you also note in your complaint the different bike lap lengths and course setups? Notice how certain segments of the course there was no bike lead moto because of the tightness of the course.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Brownlee would´ ve easily catched him"

Dont count on that. Matt M is a FOP runner...look at his credentials.

1500 appears to be his distance.

1500 3:53.51
10K (XC) 29:48.8
MILE 4:22.20
8K (XC) 23:25.5
3000 8:11.97
4.5 MILE (XC) 22:20.8
5000 13:51.30
5 MILE (XC) 24:32.0
10,000 28:36.53
4.96 MILE (XC) 24:45.3

Edit: to clean up data
Last edited by: LifeTri: Jun 7, 18 12:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:

15003:53.5110K (XC)29:48.8MILE4:22.208K (XC)23:25.530008:11.974.5 MILE (XC)22:20.8500013:51.305 MILE (XC)24:32.010,00028:36.534.96 MILE (XC)24:45.3

But I think it is the bike leg being discussed here, Mcelroy would not have pulled away from Brownlee in the bike without the help of the moto, he is not that biker.. sure he has improved, but not that much. Bit I do laugh at the complaining from Johny when all know the bike drafting is the tactic that he and his brother are famous for. When the moto stays out of the way, which they do occasionally now, chase packs catch. He doesn't want to be complaining too loudly incase ITU fix it as he will be hoping to use the moto in Leeds yet again.
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [chrisb12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah ITU needs to fix that. Yeah he has good running credentials and he could ve have shown them in a 1vs1 vs Brownlee if Brownlee would ve caught him. For parts of the course, the moto was 7-10m in front of him. That is just retarded. Idc about the brownlees, they abused motos alot themself, just recently AB at Challenge Samorin last year. I just care about a fair sport and ITU needs to fix that if they want to be taken seriously. If the winner was british, everyboy would think that the organizers planned that to ensure a british win
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chrisb12 wrote:
LifeTri wrote:

15003:53.5110K (XC)29:48.8MILE4:22.208K (XC)23:25.530008:11.974.5 MILE (XC)22:20.8500013:51.305 MILE (XC)24:32.010,00028:36.534.96 MILE (XC)24:45.3

But I think it is the bike leg being discussed here, Mcelroy would not have pulled away from Brownlee in the bike without the help of the moto, he is not that biker.. sure he has improved, but not that much. Bit I do laugh at the complaining from Johny when all know the bike drafting is the tactic that he and his brother are famous for. When the moto stays out of the way, which they do occasionally now, chase packs catch. He doesn't want to be complaining too loudly incase ITU fix it as he will be hoping to use the moto in Leeds yet again.

You are right that he is not as good on the bike as JB is. But, he is as good as Bailie on the bike. Maybe Johnny gets another 5-10 seconds on Mcelroy without the moto and then he can try and put some heat on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:
chrisb12 wrote:
LifeTri wrote:

You are right that he is not as good on the bike as JB is. But, he is as good as Bailie on the bike. Maybe Johnny gets another 5-10 seconds on Mcelroy without the moto and then he can try and put some heat on.

He hasn't shown me that yet, Baily is pretty good on the bike, Mcelroy I would have thought not yet quite as strong, I was surprised Brownlee rode away from him, shows how hard Brownlee was riding , which makes it even more obvious that Mcelroy had a lot of draft assistance. I do say this with no bias but knowledge.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The entire race would have been different.
It was an entertaining race, but three legs in a row a solo leader rode away from groups. Both the French and USA guys are not great riders and yet they put time into great riders.
Hard to watch.

I would be pissed if I was Australia or the UK. They never got to enjoy the free ride and they still kept it competitive.

Who is in charge of Moto's at ITU events?
Quote Reply

Prev Next