Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [mag900] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mag900 wrote:
2K run on the MTR and no mention of hills on the bike so it likely will be another london pack ride. what a letdown after rio.
You're ignoring the 7 ft climb they'll have to do 8 times.
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did anybody watch/follow the ladies race at Euro Champs today? Nicola Spirig is a monster! That was one of those performances that show that she's still one of the best big day racers on the planet. Solo bridging to the break, attacking straight away dropping the danger runner to set up a 6th career euro champs title... Super smart tactical racing by Jess Learmonth to see what was coming, and hop on the nicky train to get rid of Beaugrand and to lock up silver, and beaugrand digging deep to hang onto the podium after being in a world of hurt after riding the break on the bike and getting worked at the end, when the other two ganged up on her on the last lap of the bike...

That was crazy impressive racing...

Hopefully everybody was ok after that crash in the chase too... looked pretty bad...
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Big bro Brownlee made the front pack swim/bike and took it out strong with 3 left on the run- him, Le Corre, Van Riel...5k into the run Brownlee popped off hard. Alarza coming on strong half way through the run.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was a strange race for Ali to enter, he clearly wasn't run fit, brilliant run from Alarza.
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [Brandes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sinse he had that hip operation, has he been in any good run shape?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw the boys live this am, but I sure would like to see a little how that Sparig Blitzkrieg played out. Is there a replay available? Did she properly attack or just ride the group (and later Beaugrand) off her wheel?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
Sinse he had that hip operation, has he been in any good run shape?

He hasn't won a race on the run since. It's more been swim/bike combo then coast the run in. Not many races since though.
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [Adman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This hip operation was supposed to sort out all these injuries, I really hope we havent already seen the best of him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
This hip operation was supposed to sort out all these injuries, I really hope we havent already seen the best of him.

I think we have to be honest. But 90% AB can still be very very successful and that has to be the new normal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Adman wrote:
Jackets wrote:

I think we have to be honest. But 90% AB can still be very very successful and that has to be the new normal.

In a stronger field he would have been even further back, the strong 2nd pack riders weren't there, nor the strongest runners. Put Mola, Louis, Birtwhistle, Murray, Blummenfeldt in the mix and the race would have been much different. I think that is why he chose this race over a WTS.
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [Dumples] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
COuldn't find a replay other than the 3min highlight pack on the ITU website... She was in the midst of riding the pack off her wheel when the crash happened, and then rode off solo and hunted down the lead pack... And much like today in the MTR, she basically attacked them straight away... Learmonth was ready, Beaugrand was already on the rivet...

As impressive as her thursday race was, in the MTR closing a 16second gap in 2km, and then opening a 16sec gap in the remaining 4km on the group of 4 on the bike was wild... That move completely changed the complexion of the race... The French were likely always going to win, but her move ensured a Swiss podium, and snuffed out hopes for a few nations...
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all
I have been reading this topic about Mola and JB... It is simple like this: Mola is the boss now, JB days have gone by (Since AB has left the world series he is kind of lost too).... Frankly speaking, I dont think JB will ever be world champion ever again.
Now new guys are arising and I cant see him doing 70.3 or Ironman...neither Mola, but Mola has just one thing in mind: Tokyo. Anyway, JB is a great athlete and can still do some good performances but I think both brothers have overtrained and put their bodies to the limit and now they are paying off.... Just my POV
Cheers

dalava wrote:
Jackets wrote:
mag900 wrote:
Jackets wrote:
CPT Chaos wrote:
What races are you watching this year? He has been good, but very much not the best by any stretch. Mola is the best by a country mile just now.

Do you know the difference between draft and non draft Triathlon?

How do you think Mola would do against Jonny in a non draft Traithlon?

you make the completely idiotic claim that JB currently is the best ITU racer "by a country mile," get called out on it (you obviously don't watch any races), then try and support your ridiculous claim regarding DRAFT-legal racing by stating that JB would destroy mola in a NON-draft race (notwithstanding the fact that JB basically never has raced a non-draft race) and then you STILL are arguing with the other poster??? what you should have posted was something along the lines of "i know i don't watch races and am talking completely out of my a$$ so thank you for pointing out the drivel i just posted and i won't post again until after i watch my first race."

JB has been off all year and isn't even in the top 3 this year (mola, luis, birstwhistle and even murray are having better seasons). you can blame it on no AB and gomez but he has been so off this year i think having those 2 push the lead pack would either blow him up for the run or he would be dropped. the sport is better when he is in top shape but, unfortunately, he hasn't been in 2018 and time is running out.

Completely miss represented the point I was putting across as well as twisted my words.

Can you quote me where I said Jonny was the best ITU racer? Also where he would 'destroy' Mola in a non draft race? (I think he'd beat Mola handily in a ITT over Oly distance or any non draft Triathlon race)

Not me speaking drivel here mate!

I say let it go, man. No one here know ITU would argue about JB racing Mola "in a ITT over Oly distance or any non draft Triathlon race"

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, I saw that 30 days out Spirig and Duffy are both entered in the grand final. But because I think the chance of one of them not being on the start line is high, I want to talk about it now while I can still fool myself into thinking an epic battle is in the works. In a GF field with hopefully a little current or chop I think Duffy could put 45s into Spirig in the water. Since either of these ladies is likely to be the absolute dominant rider in her respective packs then we might see both have to do the majority of work in each group. Zaferes and Learmonth would certainly try to help but may not be very useful. Gentle could probably contribute to the Spirig group, if she can get out of the water within earshot of the Swiss (she could loose >1 min in a swim like this). Alas I don’t think Duffy is going to be able to put together any run fitness and I see Spirig battling Holland for the win. But then again, I’m always wrong.
Last edited by: Dumples: Aug 28, 18 11:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GB just announced their squads for the Gold Coast as well:

https://www.tri247.com/...rand-final-announced

Looks really strong on the women's front, but the big news is that Alistair will line up just two weeks after the 70.3 WCs. I wonder if that is still the plan, given how under-par he looked at European Championships last weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [awenborn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awenborn wrote:
GB just announced their squads for the Gold Coast as well:

https://www.tri247.com/...rand-final-announced

Looks really strong on the women's front, but the big news is that Alistair will line up just two weeks after the 70.3 WCs. I wonder if that is still the plan, given how under-par he looked at European Championships last weekend.

DOMESTIQUE
Last edited by: chrisb12: Aug 15, 18 1:54
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [chrisb12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perhaps, but for an equally ropey JB?!
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [awenborn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awenborn wrote:
Perhaps, but for an equally ropey JB?!

just like Commonwealth Games.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Adman wrote:
Jackets wrote:

I wouldn't be so quick to write him off, but this switching between distances isn't going to do him any good with his body being made of glass.

Either decide on Tokyo and put long on hold or start the prep Kona next year I reckon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dumples wrote:
Ok, I saw that 30 days out Sparig and Duffy are both entered in the grand final. But because I think the chance of one of them not being on the start line is high, I want to talk about it now while I can still fool myself into thinking an epic battle is in the works. In a GF field with hopefully a little current or chop I think Duffy could put 45s into Sparig in the water. Since either of these ladies is likely to be the absolute dominant rider in her respective packs then we might see both have to do the majority of work in each group. Zaferes and Learmonth would certainly try to help but may not be very useful. Gentle could probably contribute to the Sparig group, if she can get out of the water within earshot of the Swiss (she could loose >1 min in a swim like this). Alas I don’t think Duffy is going to be able to put together any run fitness and I see Sparig battling Holland for the win. But then again, I’m always wrong.

Stimpson (prob the 3rd best women's biker in ITU?) Could end up with Spirig.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stimpson probably should come out of the water near Sparig as well, so that could be the important train to make sure you get on. I would like to see Sparig be a little more coy about who she drags to the front of these races though. I mean putting her head down and riding on the front has worked so far in her career, but she’s not going to be the fastest runner for ever.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
Adman wrote:
Jackets wrote:

I wouldn't be so quick to write him off, but this switching between distances isn't going to do him any good with his body being made of glass.

Either decide on Tokyo and put long on hold or start the prep Kona next year I reckon.

I'm not writing him off, as 90% AB can win in Tokyo. But we probably won't see 100% AB again.

I think he should decide by the end of this year and by the sound of it that's what he's gonna do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Adman wrote:
Jackets wrote:
Adman wrote:
Jackets wrote:

I'm not writing him off, as 90% AB can win in Tokyo. But we probably won't see 100% AB again.

I think he should decide by the end of this year and by the sound of it that's what he's gonna do.

What have we been seeing the last couple of races, 60% 70% ?
Quote Reply
Post deleted by B_Doughtie [ In reply to ]
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just can’t imagine how he could do the intensity requires for Tokyo. Every year brings him closer to Mr. Glass status.

I still find compelling the idea that he can extend his career by going to 70.3/ 140.6 because there is less high end work, but that is just a gut feeling.

Him coming in and winning Tokyo would be incredible, especially if there is a healthy Mola. Perhaps even unprecedented.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply

Prev Next