Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: QFT: Paulo Sousa on Swimming [3carlos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3carlos wrote:
Wow, that could be an amazing Strange Denizens of the Pool post. Especially after the hypoxic repeats.

I saw a kid doing a very similar workout at my pool and I had to eventually ask him what the hell he was doing. He said he was training for the Navy SEALs BUD/S course.

2018 Races:
Augusta 70.3, September 23rd | Waco 70.3, Waco, TX, October 28th | Cartagena 70.3, Cartagena, Colombia December 2nd

Gear: Dimond Bikes | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: QFT: Paulo Sousa on Swimming [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After I summarize the thread with a Haiku, it is set adrift, something for a future culture to debate or analyze when it washes up on a distant shore........please respect this.


**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Re: QFT: Paulo Sousa on Swimming [robertwb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
08 per 100 from 2:00 per hundred is shabby especially considering the effort put in by that person.
Quote Reply
Re: QFT: Paulo Sousa on Swimming [MeltingPot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Nothing like mentioning something COMPLETELY outside the norm (even by elite running standards) to prove your point.

If you aren't going to post about an Olympian or Kona winner, or at least market a brand, a coach, or yourself as was attempted here, then how can you ever make a contribution to this this website?
Quote Reply
Re: QFT: Paulo Sousa on Swimming [Ex-cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you read the responses on twitter to it...and people pay him money and so does Training Peaks and Lava Magazine #guntoheadsmileyneeded
Quote Reply
Re: QFT: Paulo Sousa on Swimming [Scott_D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scott_D wrote:
Have you read the responses on twitter to it...and people pay him money and so does Training Peaks and Lava Magazine #guntoheadsmileyneeded

I need to go have a look. I sent TP Joel's top 20 and suggested they send those out if they want to give swim advice. I can't imagine someone doing air squats in a speedo. The image might keep me up at night!

I don't agree with the guy on much, but he is pretty fast and has built himself into quite the brand, but then again so did PT Barnum.



Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
AeroCamp March 8-10 A2 Wind Tunnel
Quote Reply
Re: QFT: Paulo Sousa on Swimming [Ex-cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ex-cyclist wrote:
Scott_D wrote:
Have you read the responses on twitter to it...and people pay him money and so does Training Peaks and Lava Magazine #guntoheadsmileyneeded


I need to go have a look. I sent TP Joel's top 20 and suggested they send those out if they want to give swim advice. I can't imagine someone doing air squats in a speedo. The image might keep me up at night!

I don't agree with the guy on much, but he is pretty fast and has built himself into quite the brand, but then again so did PT Barnum.

Pretty fast??? Shouldn't that be in pink?
Quote Reply
Re: QFT: Paulo Sousa on Swimming [Scott_D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scott_D wrote:
Have you read the responses on twitter to it...and people pay him money and so does Training Peaks and Lava Magazine #guntoheadsmileyneeded

Didn't see any responses.. So I'm guessing TP deleted all the negative ones?



Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
AeroCamp March 8-10 A2 Wind Tunnel
Quote Reply
Re: QFT: Paulo Sousa on Swimming [Ex-cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More about the people who were like what an amazing workout, I can't wait to try it, etc...

I had a very good friend buy one of his programs and use him as a coach. He showed me the plan and its no wonder he ended up hurt and finding a new coach within 2 months.

He has built a brand for himself on people with low self esteems and a lack of knowledge
Quote Reply
Re: QFT: Paulo Sousa on Swimming [BeachboyWI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
47 isnt even a junior cut. Juniors when i was swimming was 47.09. There were a LOT of guys under that.

_______________________________________________________
@MarkyV - 31 kona qualifiers 2006-'14
"If you cannot devote the time required to fully maximise your genetic potential, then don't make believe your own science and re-write decades of history of coaching wisdom, and pretend that you can do some magical training program on 8hrs /wk instead of 12-20 and get to the same level in [any endurance sport]. Accept the reality which is that you just have to settle for a performance level which isn't the absolute peak that your body is capable of." - Nathan Townsend
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Quote Reply
Re: QFT: Paulo Sousa on Swimming [Chuck Finley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chuck Finley wrote:
This is an angry thread. Is it even about swimming anymore?

No it's not. It actually strikes to the heart of some key basics and fundamentals of this or any endurance sport. Many don't seem to like this but doing more of something will take you a long way. Many are incredulous because they think there must be some special technique or secret process when just getting out there and getting at it and doing it are 95% of it. What's odd is newbies coming in and right from the get- go worrying and fiddling around with the 5%! My apologies if I offended anyone.


Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: QFT: Paulo Sousa on Swimming [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
Many are incredulous because they think there must be some special technique or secret process when just getting out there and getting at it and doing it are 95% of it. What's odd is newbies coming in and right from the get- go worrying and fiddling around with the 5%!

This reminds me a lot of some fairly recent threads on marathon training. I'm beginning to sense a pattern...

Too bad selling that last 5% is such a lucrative business model...

___________________
Twitter | Kancman | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: QFT: Paulo Sousa on Swimming [snackchair] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reminds me of the best quote ever on this forum (IMO) - "I give a ton of bad advice, but it wasn't until I discovered triathlon that I thought about charging for it..." (Paraphrased slightly; can't currently remember who said it.)


"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @rappstar | Game Designer @ Zwift

Ask me about: 1st Endurance | Normatec - $100 off RAPP2018 | Zipp | Quarq | SRAM
Quote Reply
Re: QFT: Paulo Sousa on Swimming [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
Many don't seem to like this but doing more of something will take you a long way.
Yes, it will.

But there are big and important exceptions. Just riding more with a very bad bike fit won't get you as far as riding more after getting your bike fit right. And even more so, just swimming more while utilizing very inefficient movement and technique will just reinforce your inefficient motor programs. You won't get that much faster, but you will move a lot of water around. But swimming more after and while you get substantial swim technique corrections can get you big gains in speed and efficiency. I know, I've seen it many times.

And, fyi, swimming technique does not just equal doing some kind of drills. No, it is getting exact feedback from a smart coach to correct exactly what you are doing wrong.

Much smarter people than me have said, "Practice does not make perfect. Perfect practice make perfect."

Advanced Design Top Tube Aero Bento Packs for Road, Gravel, & Triathlon....Direct bolt-mount and ZERO-slip universal low-profile strap mount....Made by us in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.......Reviews.......Instagram.......Facebook

"Why would you want to be the last man alive on a sinking ship?" -- why Tesla Motors shares its patents with their competitors.
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: Jan 7, 12 20:03
Quote Reply
Re: QFT: Paulo Sousa on Swimming [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
And, fyi, swimming technique does NOT just equal doing some kind of drills. It is getting exact feedback to correct exactly what you are doing wrong.
I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying, however, all too often triathletes ignore the most important feedback in swimming... the pace clock. Don't over think it. The pace clock tells you what works and what doesn't.
Quote Reply
Re: QFT: Paulo Sousa on Swimming [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You continue to miss the point that perfect practice is virtually impossible without appropriate fitness. Furthermore, perfect practice really isn't necessary to swim a reasonably fast time for 1500m/1900m/3800m in open water. It just isn't.

To borrow from your rather poor bike fit analogy, I'll take the guy who rides 1000km a week over the guy with the perfect bike fit. And, it's worth pointing out, that just like with swimming, if you log enough miles in the saddle, you'll figure out your bike position. Just like you'll figure out a lot about your swim stroke with enough hard yards in the pool.

Is there anything wrong with getting exact feedback from a smart coach to correct exactly what you are doing wrong? Absolutely not. Here's a small hint though - several of the smartest coaches in the world have suggested to get your ass in the pool and log the hard yards. So, what that tells me - and what it ought to tell you - is that the best advice a smart coach will give to correct what you've been doing wrong is.... (drum roll) SWIM MORE.

You were willing to defer to much smarter people than you on that closing quote. You might want to consider doing the same when it comes to swimming advice...


"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @rappstar | Game Designer @ Zwift

Ask me about: 1st Endurance | Normatec - $100 off RAPP2018 | Zipp | Quarq | SRAM
Quote Reply
Re: QFT: Paulo Sousa on Swimming [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
And, it's worth pointing out, that just like with swimming, if you log enough miles in the saddle, you'll figure out your bike position. Just like you'll figure out a lot about your swim stroke with enough hard yards in the pool.


Except for this above, some good points. But I have also been around the block a few times. And I have seen many times exactly the opposite of what you say above, both with cycling and swimming. Unfortunately, more miles or yards does not at all mean "you'll figure it out."

The problem with this approach is that many triathletes (often guided by so-called 'coaches') who swim a pretty solid amount do not get very good results with the "pile on more yardage" coaching method. And when I say they swim a solid amount, no, it is not a lot by NCAA Division 1 standards, but it is still solid yards by age group triathlon standards (approx 20,000 yds/week).

Unfortunately, I have seen a good number of athletes like this who still have visibly bad technique in the water. When I mean bad technique, I mean that they are very inefficient and far slower than they could be, given their substantial swim fitness. And their coaches, while they pile on the yards, don't take the time to give them feedback to fix the glaringly obvious stroke problems. Or, maybe the coaches don't do it because they have no idea how to correct and teach swim technique. No one wants to look like a dummy, it is always easier just to add yards and say, "you just need more yards, yeah, that's the ticket." I mean who's gonna argue with that?

So, yes, 20,000 yds/week will give you some good swim fitness. But, unfortunately, far too often that increased fitness is used more to move water around laterally instead of propelling the athlete forward.

If only it were so easy. Your swimming sucks, but swim more and all will be good. Unfortunately, that's not the way it happens.

Advanced Design Top Tube Aero Bento Packs for Road, Gravel, & Triathlon....Direct bolt-mount and ZERO-slip universal low-profile strap mount....Made by us in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.......Reviews.......Instagram.......Facebook

"Why would you want to be the last man alive on a sinking ship?" -- why Tesla Motors shares its patents with their competitors.
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: Jan 7, 12 22:35
Quote Reply
Re: QFT: Paulo Sousa on Swimming [The Authority] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Authority wrote:
"TrainingPeaks contributor Ben Greenfield, M.S. PE, NSCA-CPT, CSCS, is recognized as one of the top fitness, triathlon, nutrition and metabolism experts in the nation."

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha



Enjoy!
Ben

Ben Greenfield

Nutrition & Human Performance Advice
http://www.bengreenfieldfitness.com
Quote Reply
Re: QFT: Paulo Sousa on Swimming [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
Rappstar wrote:
And, it's worth pointing out, that just like with swimming, if you log enough miles in the saddle, you'll figure out your bike position. Just like you'll figure out a lot about your swim stroke with enough hard yards in the pool.


Except for this above, some good points. But I have also been around the block a few times. And I have seen many times exactly the opposite of what you say above, both with cycling and swimming. Unfortunately, more miles or yards does not at all mean "you'll figure it out."

The problem with this approach is that many triathletes (often guided by so-called 'coaches') who swim a pretty solid amount do not get very good results with the "pile on more yardage" coaching method. And when I say they swim a solid amount, no, it is not a lot by NCAA Division 1 standards, but it is still solid yards by age group triathlon standards (approx 20,000 yds/week).

Unfortunately, I have seen a good number of athletes like this who still have visibly bad technique in the water. When I mean bad technique, I mean that they are very inefficient and far slower than they could be, given their substantial swim fitness. And their coaches, while they pile on the yards, don't take the time to give them feedback to fix the glaringly obvious stroke problems. Or, maybe the coaches don't do it because they have no idea how to correct and teach swim technique. No one wants to look like a dummy, it is always easier just to add yards and say, "you just need more yards, yeah, that's the ticket." I mean who's gonna argue with that?

So, yes, 20,000 yds/week will give you some good swim fitness. But, unfortunately, far too often that increased fitness is used more to move water around laterally instead of propelling the athlete forward.

If only it were so easy. Your swimming sucks, but swim more and all will be good. Unfortunately, that's not the way it happens.


To rephrse your comment if you will....your swimming sucks, but swim more and you will have a far better ability to understand what you are doing wrong and a far better chance of understanding the feedback you are getting and knowing how to integrate it into your training.

if there is no point in hard training and racing util you have a perfect efficient stroke then most of us would not be training hard or racing.

I also think that it is not as balck and white as you are making it out to be. Clearly if someone is swimming 20K per week they most likely have an interest and desire to get better. They are likely tweeking and fine tuning and getting feedback. But without the volume there is no way to pick up on the nuances of slight changes or to really get a good porprioceptive sense.

I see a lot of people on these threads talking about their 1:10/100's but when I look at race results...I sure dont see people swimming these types of speeds. Open water. crowds of people....does this mean that the efficienies of the perfect stroke are lost? the non pefect strokes seem to be winning the day.
Quote Reply
Re: QFT: Paulo Sousa on Swimming [pacificfit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
people make choices, some want to be the best coach they can be and some the best marketing coach they can (some people call those BSer)
both of you seem to have chosen a different path.......



pacificfit wrote:
The Authority wrote:
"TrainingPeaks contributor Ben Greenfield, M.S. PE, NSCA-CPT, CSCS, is recognized as one of the top fitness, triathlon, nutrition and metabolism experts in the nation."

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha




Enjoy!
Ben

http://www.pb3coaching.com
Quote Reply
Re: QFT: Paulo Sousa on Swimming [pacificfit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Easy enough to settle this little squabble...you are both absolutely right. No, really, I mean it.

pacificfit wrote:
The Authority wrote:
"TrainingPeaks contributor Ben Greenfield, M.S. PE, NSCA-CPT, CSCS, is recognized as one of the top fitness, triathlon, nutrition and metabolism experts in the nation."

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha




Enjoy!
Ben
Quote Reply
Re: QFT: Paulo Sousa on Swimming [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's a small hint though - several of the smartest coaches in the world have suggested to get your ass in the pool and log the hard yards. So, what that tells me - and what it ought to tell you - is that the best advice a smart coach will give to correct what you've been doing wrong is.... (drum roll) SWIM MORE.

___________________

AGREEEEEEEEEEEEED!

Bike coach here in Ontario who coached his son to World Junior TT champion ( and rode for Mapei ) plus local national champions said to me when I started riding a bike, quote: "go ride 10,000km then call me...."

Point was - go ride A LOT and get a base of fitness he can coach upon and actually learn if I really like riding then lets talk about spending $$ on specific programs

This is the best thread. It's cracks me up. Seems hard for people here to believe that DOIN THE WORK, BUILDING FITNESS for the 95% of us, is good enough to crush Ironman racing.

@rhyspencer
Http://www.rhysspencer.blogspot.ca
Quote Reply
Re: QFT: Paulo Sousa on Swimming [rhayden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rhayden wrote:
if there is no point in hard training and racing until you have a perfect efficient stroke then most of us would not be training hard or racing.
Except that I'm not talking about a 'perfect efficient stroke' by any stretch. I never said 'perfect' anything. I'm just talking about at least having a passable stroke without visibly obvious and easily-correctable errors. Or at least being on the road to that. And, believe me, I've seen many triathletes who are swimming a lot very regularly with these kind of big errors, and many of these people are supposedly getting guidance from well-known triathlon coaches/coaching businesses.


Quote:
Clearly if someone is swimming 20K per week they most likely have an interest and desire to get better. They are likely tweeking and fine tuning and getting feedback.
Uh, typically 'yes' on the 'interest and desire', but a big fat 'no' on the 'fine tuning and getting feedback.' Often they are not getting the needed feedback, especially if the people coaching them don't have the knowledge to give them feedback themselves, or the good sense to at least tell them to go to an expert to get their stroke corrected. It appears that more than a few well-known triathlon coaches have no idea where to begin to help swimmers fix their stroke problems. And with threads like this, it is easy to hide this lack of knowledge. Just tell your clients that all they need to do is to swim more, lots more, and that will solve that fact that they can't swim fast. Unfortunately, this just isn't correct.

Yes, you need some decent weekly volume to create some habits and movement patterns and then to utilize precise feedback to modify those movement patterns. But that minimum volume is way lower than 20k yds/week. I'm talking about fixing your stroke, not develop monstrous swim fitness. Yes, swim fitness is proportional to the yards you put in. The only problem is that swim fitness is not well-correlated with swim speed if your stroke sucks.

Advanced Design Top Tube Aero Bento Packs for Road, Gravel, & Triathlon....Direct bolt-mount and ZERO-slip universal low-profile strap mount....Made by us in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.......Reviews.......Instagram.......Facebook

"Why would you want to be the last man alive on a sinking ship?" -- why Tesla Motors shares its patents with their competitors.
Quote Reply
Re: QFT: Paulo Sousa on Swimming [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
rhayden wrote:
if there is no point in hard training and racing until you have a perfect efficient stroke then most of us would not be training hard or racing.

Except that I'm not talking about a 'perfect efficient stroke' by any stretch. I never said 'perfect' anything. I'm just talking about at least having a passable stroke without visibly obvious and easily-correctable errors. Or at least being on the road to that. And, believe me, I've seen many triathletes who are swimming a lot very regularly with these kind of big errors, and many of these people are supposedly getting guidance from well-known triathlon coaches/coaching businesses.


Quote:
Clearly if someone is swimming 20K per week they most likely have an interest and desire to get better. They are likely tweeking and fine tuning and getting feedback.

Uh, typically 'yes' on the 'interest and desire', but a big fat 'no' on the 'fine tuning and getting feedback.' Often they are not getting the needed feedback, especially if the people coaching them don't have the knowledge to give them feedback themselves, or the good sense to at least tell them to go to an expert to get their stroke corrected. It appears that more than a few well-known triathlon coaches have no idea where to begin to help swimmers fix their stroke problems. And with threads like this, it is easy to hide this lack of knowledge. Just tell your clients that all they need to do is to swim more, lots more, and that will solve that fact that they can't swim fast. Unfortunately, this just isn't correct.

Yes, you need some decent weekly volume to create some habits and movement patterns and then to utilize precise feedback to modify those movement patterns. But that minimum volume is way lower than 20k yds/week. I'm talking about fixing your stroke, not develop monstrous swim fitness. Yes, swim fitness is proportional to the yards you put in. The only problem is that swim fitness is not well-correlated with swim speed if your stroke sucks.

I don't understand why you see swimming high yardage as the same thing as doing all your swimming without any feedback.
I (for example) do a coached swim session every week. I swim a varying amount of time outside of that session by myself, and generally working pretty hard on implementing what I'm told. Funnily enough I go faster when I'm swimming 4 times in addition to that session rather than just once.
Quote Reply
Re: QFT: Paulo Sousa on Swimming [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Though I disagree,,,,I am interested to hear your solution......................You say these athletes need feedback......These athletes have coaches, some top coaches, that do not give feedback...Seem to imply most coaches, (by this thread) do not give feedback.......................So, if an triathlete that is new and does not have knowledge, How does this said person find the rare coaches yoy are talking about.
So for example me, (though happy with my swim). Have a guy here that has 3 golds. Another that won masters nationals in the 200 fly a couple of times. They would disagree with you. How am I, who is nothing compared to them, supposed to know to not listen to them but find a coach that believes what you do,,,and know it?
What is your solutution?
Quote Reply

Prev Next