Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [TomkR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TomkR wrote:
Ha! I've been there (Bibs and JL)!

Rowed at Boston U
JL has gotta be better than jersey... at least there are no pockets.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts: 186
2) Average speed in MPH: 21.5
3) Distance: 40k
4) Rider weight: 143 lb
5) Describe bike and wheels: Stock P1 slammed, with SRAM 80 front and disc cover w/ PT on rear
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero: No excuses, first race with PM it was awesome. Olympic distance TRI
7) Optional: a picture (or link to a picture) of you in your aero position.

Ironman Certified Coach

Currently accepting limited number of new athletes
Last edited by: bufit323: Jun 4, 12 11:30
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [bufit323] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1 Average watts 200
2 Average speed 23.8
3 Distance 40K
4 Rider weight 143lbs
5 P2 48cm Jet 90/90 with cover on rear
6 Windy day

Duration: 1:03:11
Work: 757 kJ
TSS: 97.6 (intensity factor 0.963)
Norm Power: 207
VI: 1.04
Pw:HR: n/a
Pa:HR: n/a
Distance: 25.023 mi
........Min Max Avg
Power: 0 719 200 watts
Cadence: 32 143 83 rpm
Speed: 5.9 40 23.8 mph
Pace 1:30 10:10 2:31 min/mi
Hub Torque: 0 317 56 lb-in
Crank Torque: 0 775 206 lb-in
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Quantum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. The road jersey was representing team and employer, otherwise I would have stuck with the JL.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1 Average watts 187
2 Average speed 22.0
3 Distance 21 miles
4 Rider weight 137 lbs
5 P2 51cm, Boyd 50mm carbon wheels with cover on rear
6 No excuses, first full season training and racing, was fairly happy with this starting tri's at age 50 with a running background.
Gotta do something decent, I swim in reverse!

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1 Average watts 261
 2 Average speed 26.9
3 Distance 10.85 miles
4 Rider weight 157 lbs
5 Scott Plasma 2
6 Normalized Power 261
7 Average rpm 91
8 Time 24:11
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Juanmoretime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1). Average watts: 251 N/P: 253
2). Average speed 26.6mph - Time 22:53.
3). Distance 10.14miles
4). Rider weight 127lbs (Think that's correct, I weigh 58kg).
5). Javelin Asti, 650c, Zipp Disc, Track 36-spoke front. Conti Tempo Tubs. 56t/44t.
6). Slow course, poor surface with drags at both ends. Gusty 10mph wind. Cold. Measured using a newly calibrated SRM.

Other:
Cadence: 94.
Temp: 57.5F.
TSS: 47.5.
IF: 1.124.
Avg HR: 184.

Fear is your only god.
Last edited by: mightymidget: Jun 4, 12 12:33
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [mightymidget] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im70.3 Switzerland rapperswil

1) Average watts : 193
2) Average speed : 29.2kph
3) Distance 85 (a little short then...). / 1122 m climbed
4) Rider weight : 175
5) Describe bike and wheels : cervelo p2, zipp 808fc with aerojacket
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero
There was a bloody big hill in the middle that we had to do twice.
http://app.strava.com/rides/10020448

Last edited by: nathan j: Jun 4, 12 13:41
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [nathan j] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, this is going to look ugly

Mooseman 70.3

• 211 average watts, SRM
  • 2:54 bike split
  • Measured 1200m of vertical
  • Wet roads in the rain, with a 30 mph speed limit on the descents, so lots of braking involved
  • Cold weather so I also put on a fairly snug rain coat so I would not die of hypothermia after the swim...teeth were chattering for 45K as I could not warm up
  • 3.4 Watts per kilo (138 lbs)
Other details

• bad head position due to lack of neck mobility, Giro Advantage Pro helmet
  • kept Conti Sprinters on for flat resistance as a lot of the course was covered with rain/puddles for the first half of the race. Next race on good pavement will go with Vittoria Corsa's. Used 90 psi.
  • Kestrel Airfoil Pro
  • Hed Stinger 60 front, Zipp 808 rear (non firecrest)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts 220 average (231 normalized)
2) Average speed in MPH 24.3
3) Distance 24.7 (1:01:08 total time)
4) Rider weight 142 (5' 6")
5) Describe bike and wheels 2011 P4 with ventus bars, eggbrake, HED 9 upfront and disk cover in the back. R4 aero tire in the front and Cont Evo in the back.
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero...The fastest set up I could find on slowtwitch...took 3 minutes off my bike split on the same course with only 5 more watts. This was a tri split so I was a little tired from the swim or I would have broken the hour

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Counselor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My Club TT champs
I finished 3rd although lost 2:01min to the winner!
1) Average watts: 361w
2) Average speed in MPH: 24.6MPH (39.6kph)
3) Distance: 30km
4) Rider weight: 89kg =(
5) Describe bike and wheels: Focus Izaclo road bike, envy smart 6.7
, full road race set up minus bottles and cages.
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero: the made us use full road race setup, worse rules then UCI.

time: 45:39
Distance: 30km
NP: 379
VI: 1.05

hoppersportsperformance.com
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [hotshot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi
I'm a french woman, let's see if speed and power are the same all around the world !

Challenge Kraichgau: EC
1: Average watt: 185
2: A. speed: 33 km/h 20,5 mph
3: Distance: 90 km 55,9mi
4: Rider weight: 55 kg 121 lbs
5: Bike: cannondale slice with 404 firecrest tubular (veloflex carbon 8,5 bars), Rider no aero helmet
6: a little bit windy, a lot of hills: 1093 yards of positiv climbing, a lot of turn in small villages, perfect roads by the way

I'm waiting for your comments !!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts: 305W
2) Average speed in MPH: 26.2mph (Time: 56min 53sec)
3) Distance : 40km
4) Rider weight : ~170lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels : CAAD9, wheel cover, 404 front, aero bars, aero helmet
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero: Didn't know what Wattage I could hold in aero position. Negative split it pretty well with 295 first half and 315 second half. Had a little too much left at the end. Maybe gave up ~10-20sec.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) 286w avg
2) 21.4 mph
3) 14.2 miles
4) 164 lbs
5) Cervelo R3, SRAM S60's
6) 1,268 ft of climbing, avg hr 179 w/ a max of 187

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [deh20] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts: 241W

2) Average speed in MPH: 23.6

3) Distance: 40K (Oly Tri leg)

4) Rider weight: 81kg. 5'10"

5) Describe bike and wheels: QR CD 01 with zipp 808fc front, Cosmic Carbonne rear with disc cover and power tap

6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero: I took a wrong turn and probably added 30 sec to my time before getting back on course, and my garmin had the course being a bit long. Oh, and I'm fat!
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [%FTP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) 255w avg
2) 22.5 mph
3) 18.6 miles
4) 173 lbs
5) Felt B12, no-name aero front wheel, disc cover on back. Vittoria Corsa Evo CX w/ vittoria latex tubes
6) Flattish course. I felt like crap the whole ride (hence the low-for-me power), but I was pleasantly surprised to get the average speed I got since I'm usually very un-aerodynamic. I was in a bunch of traffic so I probably got a bit of a draft for the first 15km, but I think it was counteracted by having to slam on the brakes every now and then when people interpreted "on your left" as "move left". Another excuse is that I'm 6'1" and have swimmer shoulders.

Edit: And then I took a look at the speed->watts mapping in the first post and noticed that as aero as that race was by my standards, I'm still well below average in terms of efficiency.

STAC Zero Trainer - Zero noise, zero tire contact, zero moving parts. Suffer in Silence starting fall 2016
Last edited by: AHare: Jun 11, 12 6:10
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [AHare] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts 345
2) Average speed in MPH 27.8 (53min, 16 sec time)
3) Distance 40k

4) Rider weight 6'6'' 180lbs

5) Describe bike and wheels Cervelo P2C, Reynolds Aero fork, Zipp 808 FC front clincher w/ latex tube and Bonty RXL Aero, Saris G3 alloy rear clincher w/ disc cover, butyl tube and Bonty RXL Aero, speedsuit, shoe covers, LG Rocket w/ taped on visor and taped up vents

6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero.
Still experimenting with positions, trying to make the same power on the tt bike and road bike is really hard (and didn't have latex tubes :D)
Rolling 40k out and back course, 300' net elevation gain on the way out; big ring (52t) the whole way, only out of the aero bars on two climbs in the 23t; low wind, average pavement conditions (no chip seal); HR was a bit low at 160 avg (vs 170-175 normally) but felt fine/strong after a week of easy riding going into the event; UCI legal position w/ morphological exception (80cm horizontal distance from BB to tip of extensions)
Here is my position from another TT (the same position)
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [flesh_pile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My first tri ever! I'm pretty happy.

1) AVERAGE WATTS 212
2) AVERAGE SPEED 21MPH
3) DISTANCE 14.7 miles
4) RIDER WEIGHT 180lbs.
5) Specialized Transition Expert w/ 808 FC
6) LBS didn't want me to have a real aggressive position until I get use to the bike more
7) Waiting for the race photos
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
South Shore Rock n Ride sprint du 2-10-2...definitely one for the rabbits, which I ain't.

1) 241AP, 248NP
2) 23.5mph
3) 10mi
4) 151lbs
5) Speed Concept 9-series, Aeolus 7 D3 clincher front with Bonty AeroTT 23 tire, Aeolus 6.5 rear with PT and wheelcover taped on, Bonty AeroTT 19 tire, latex tubes.
6) Flat, hot, 10mph headwind-tailwind course with two 180s (txn in the middle), so too short too hot and not enough concentration
7) none that I know of

For those who think the run splits are important for context, 2mi each, 12:42 and 13:43, both of which include an ugly little switchbacky trip down a cliff to the lake and back up again. I need to start running.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts: 220W
2) Average speed in MPH: 24.7mph
3) Distance: 18 miles
4) Rider weight: 160lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels: Guru Merus (Ti) with Hed Jet 9 Front and Hed FR Disc Rear
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero: Poor power output over this distance considering tested FTP. No excuse, but I consider the power to speed ratio to be pretty good!

-Andrew
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. 275w
2 .26.25 mph (56:49)
3. 40.0km
4. 163 lbs.
5. Cervelo P3C with HED3 front and HED Jet Powertap disc in rear.
6. This was a flat to rolling out and back 40km. Mild headwind out and mild tailwind on return. Mild temp in 70'sF.
7. Photo: http://www.stevepottenger.com/...454747&k=fP5RsRS
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [ludlaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. 314 Watts - NP of 321
2. 26.13 mph
3. 16 miles (two 8-mile loops)
4. 162 lbs
5. Blue Triad w/Hed 6 front and 9 w/cover on Powertap SL+
6. Rolling course with 700 ft of elevation - open to traffic which caused some slowing

Got the OA win by 3 seconds as well!

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
104 mile MTB Barn Burner...

273 watts (SRM) 6235kJ
6hr 31min @7400ft elevation (Flagstaff, Az)

Specialized Epic

7300ft of climbing......Non Normalized....
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [paulthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much do you weigh Paul? What bike and wheels were you riding? What place did you finish in?

Those are some impressive numbers!!

"I swim because that's how I get to ride my bike."

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Dopers.Suck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Specialized Epic S Works Stan's No Tubes Race Gold. I weigh about 177 or so. Thanks for the kind words.....oh yeah,I was 2nd to some guy that has won Leadville.....
Quote Reply

Prev Next