Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [3carlos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. 248 AP / 252 NP
2. 25.7 miles
3. 23.2 mph
4. 155 lbs
5. Road bike with clipons, wheelcover back, Flo 90 front. First race on a deep front wheel, it was really fun and loud. Next race will go with latex tubes.
6. Pretty flat course, slight wind, 7 turnarounds (four loops of 10km).

Can't wait to race next year on a bike with tri geometry and an aero helmet, should be able to be much faster just from an improved position.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Insidious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Continuing to play.

1. Avg Watts - 276, NP 276
2. Avg Speed - 26.6 MPH
3. Distance - 10.86 miles
4. Rider Weight - 157 lbs, 72 kg
5. Bike - Scott Plasma 2
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Juanmoretime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Strava loop:
1. Avg Watts - 353
2. Avg Speed - 25.6 MPH
3. Distance - 8 miles
4. Rider Weight - 175 lbs, 6'1"
5. Bike - Felt B12, training wheels, gatorskins.

STAC Zero Trainer - Zero noise, zero tire contact, zero moving parts. Suffer in Silence starting fall 2016
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [AHare] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AHare wrote:
Strava loop:
1. Avg Watts - 353
2. Avg Speed - 25.6 MPH
3. Distance - 8 miles
5. Bike - Felt B12, training wheels, gatorskins.

Holy smokes dude. I'm your weight and height we are spitting images. I'm not knocking....jealous more like of your wattage that is large. How are you only getting 25.6 though with that kind of power? I have a good, but not astonishing position on a 6 year old QR and get that on 275ish. Wired PT that I borrow with Rubino tire/Alex DC front when I occasionally to test outdoors and PowerPilot at home are almost identical numbers. If my pathetic engine could drop 353 watts I would have a boner for months.
Last edited by: tigerpaws: Aug 8, 12 4:11
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're not the first person to read this thread and ask that question...

There were a couple more extenuating circumstances on this ride:
-I hadn't repumped my tires in a while, so they were probably 60-70psi
-I was wearing a baggy jersey
-Gatorskins/butyl tubes
-I've got a swimmer's upper body - my shoulders and lats are super-wide.
-Normal helmet

I was a bit surprised at the power output (I have been a bit lower all season this year), so I'm going to try the same route with all my racing gear this weekend.

But yeah, I am profoundly inefficient through the air for some reason. In a 30-60-minute race leg I'm usually 265-270 watts and 23-23.5mph. And the PT is calibrated right, since I've ridden on a couple computrainers with it and they come up with the same result too.

STAC Zero Trainer - Zero noise, zero tire contact, zero moving parts. Suffer in Silence starting fall 2016
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [AHare] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well at least you know the power is available that is nice. Figure out the position component if that is what is holding you back and um.....you will need a U-Haul to transport your brass nuts around!
Last edited by: tigerpaws: Aug 8, 12 4:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same loop, but with more air in the tires, more spandex on me, and an aero helmet. Was going to swap wheels, tires and tubes, but it was too much of a hassle.

1. Avg Watts - 328 (wow, I was beastly last week. These 328 really hurt)
2. Avg Speed - 26.0 MPH
3. Distance - 8 miles
5. Bike - Felt B12, training wheels, gatorskins

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Time to post a position pic, you should be going 2mph faster on that power.

Professional Athlete: http://jordancheyne.wordpress.com/ http://www.strava.com/athletes/145340

Coaching Services:http://www.peakformcoaching.com/

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Jordano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Frontal: http://mysportsshooter.zoomphoto.ca/...6681-874-16971395/1/
Side-ish: http://mysportsshooter.zoomphoto.ca/...6680-874-16988740/2/

Don't get a white wheelcover for aesthetics. Makes the bike easy to find in transition and in unlabelled photos though...

I'm pretty sure my ass needs to come up (not really possible, any higher and I get a deadzone in my pedal stroke) and/or the front needs to come down, but I don't know how to accomplish that. Also, since I have to train on this bike, I'd prefer it to be comfortable. Also, I don't have the goodies like visors and skinsuits, and I was still rocking the gatorskins on that last ride.

I'm going through all the posts in the thread to rebuild the spreadsheet and make some charts, and it is pretty depressing... Lots of speediness on not many watts.

Last edited by: AHare: Aug 12, 12 7:38
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did the bike portion for a team tri a few weeks ago:

1) Average watts - 295 AP/NP
2) Average speed in MPH - 27.2 mph
3) Distance - 25.1 miles
4) Rider weight - ~175
5) Describe bike and wheels - Everything super aero

6) Course was generally flat.

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts : 267 Watts average
2) Average speed in MPH: 25 mph
3) Distance : 23.53 mph (oly non-drafting race, slightly short bike)
4) Rider weight : 164 lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels : Trek SC7.2 w/ STinger disc rear and PT; stinger 9 front.
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero: Giro Selector Helmet, first chance to really rip it after a new deluxe fit at endurance monster last fall.

"No matter how hard you train, Somebody will train harder. No matter how hard you run, Somebody will run harder. No matter how hard you want it, Somebody will want it more, I am Somebody"~ST Post
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) 256 watts
2) 26.8 mph
3) 40K
4) 135lb
5) 2011 DA, 2010 Jet Disc, 2010 Jet 9, Bonty R4 Aero front and rear, Bonty latex tubes, 90psi front and rear, HED Corsair drop, Hollowgram SRM.
6) PB by 4 seconds on same course; however, today was a bit windy.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Stalkan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Church Creek?
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jbank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of course, how'd you do?

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Stalkan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haven't looked at the details yet and couldn't stay to see the results, so I don't really know. Managed 25.8 mph which was a bit below my hopes. I think my quarq had me at about 235 watts, but it sure felt like more than that (I didn't remember to calibrate before the start, so it could be a bit off). I'm very impressed with your efficiency! Nice job out there.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jbank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like my June effort. I have since fixed some issues I gave myself over the winter trying to "optimize" my position.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts: 182W
2) Average speed in MPH: 20.5mph
3) Distance: 40km
4) Rider weight: 140 lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels: 2010 Cervelo P2, Williams Cycling 58mm front / 85mm rear, Michelin Aircomp Butyl tubes, Rudy Project Wingspan helmet, SRAM Quarq power meter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

1) Average watts: 277
2) Average speed in MPH:25.1
3) Distance: 7 miles. 5 lap race, one short but steep hill that requires standing each lap.
4) Rider weight: 162
5) Describe bike and wheels: Open mold TT frame, Flo 60 front, disk cover rear, bottle in the aero bars
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero: Nothing, decent position, in OK shape. Skinsuit, low end TT helmet.
7) Optional: a picture (or link to a picture) of you in your aero position

Last edited by: Jon h: Aug 22, 12 12:08
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Jon h] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
12 mile sprint bike leg
25.9 mph
229 Average Watts
153 lbs.
Cannondale Slice 5
Wheelbuilder cover on rear
Hed Jet 6 Front
Conti 4000S tires with Bontrager Latex tubes @ 105 psi
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [vibrolux] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One more data point:

IM Tremblant: 5:26 split, 189W (SRM), ~ 6600 ft climbing and descending, Kestrel Airfoil Pro, Giro Advantage, Zipp 808 rear, Stinger 60 front, Conti Sprinter tubulars (I know I know, but I have good luck with less flats and my first goal was to finish).
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Jon h] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) I dont have a power meter...
2) 22mph
3) 16 miles rolling hills (Napperville Tri)
4) 187 lbs
5) Mid 90's Bianchi Campion road bike (love it). Wheels-36spoke, mis-matched hubs with cheap ass tires. Nice Campy brakes.
6) Going to upgrade the wheels and thats about it. Love this bike.

After seeing all this in writing...actaully kinda proud of this.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [mchenderson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts - 282/282 AP/NP
2) Average speed in MPH - 27.0 mph
3) Distance - 10.85 miles
4) Rider weight - ~157
5) Describe bike and wheels - Same Scott Plasma 2.
6) Flat almost no wind but very hot and humid.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Juanmoretime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts - 340 watt
2) Average speed - 45 km/t
3) Distance - 25km
4) Rider weight - 71kg
5) Describe bike and wheels - BMC TM01 w. Mavic iO / Lightweight Autobahn
6) Flat almost with alot of wind. http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/88806117

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This thread is depressing.

1) 358 AP / 367 NP
2) 22.8 mph
3) 12 miles
4) 205
5) Trek Speed Concept, 3T Brezza, Zipp 900/808

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/215445429
Last edited by: MattAune: Sep 5, 12 10:49
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [paulthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
paulthomas wrote:
369 watts
2hr 4min
55mi
172lbs
BH Rc1 road with Lightweight Wheels

9 x 6.1mi lap circuit race.

About 300 feet of climbing per lap...... Hard day!

Wow! Nice

"Base training is bull shit" - desertdude
Quote Reply

Prev Next