Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [bonesbrigade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would be a hell of a lot better at cycling if we could just turn it into a math problem...
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
311w
21.7 mph
14.2 miles
162 lbs
Cervelo R3
Standard road position
1,268 ft gained and lost
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [bonesbrigade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, here's what I get in Golden Cheetah and a photo. It was 285w for 28.0 mph, very light winds. I say you can do it for less than 320w!

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [DClarke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice! You appear to be one very slippery dude. That is a sweet CdA.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [DClarke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll go with my original comment then - very nice!

Looking at your position/equipment, I'm not too surprised.

Thanks for posting that; I've got some work to do getting my position worked out.

1) 336w
2) 25.5mph
3) 9.02 miles
4) 173lbs

5) CAAD10, 32 spoke Open Pros, Vittoria Open Corsa Evo CX/butyl tubes (boo!)
6) Totally Merckx (bibs+jersey, road helmet, box section rims, no clip ons, no booties)

Last edited by: helios: May 4, 12 10:34
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jbank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally have something to post myself from an ITT today:

1) 257w
2) 25.8mph
3) 21 miles
4) 5'10", 142lbs

5) Cannondale Slice, Hed3 front, Bonty Disc, Giro Advantage, trisuit
6) 5-10 mph crosswind, pretty flat. Bit disappointed with the power output, but wonder if my Quarq was reading lowish.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
261 watts AP 25.9 mph 2:09:01 56mi White Lake Half in NC
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jbank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jbank wrote:
Finally have something to post myself from an ITT today:

1) 257w
2) 25.8mph
3) 21 miles
4) 5'10", 142lbs

5) Cannondale Slice, Hed3 front, Bonty Disc, Giro Advantage, trisuit
6) 5-10 mph crosswind, pretty flat. Bit disappointed with the power output, but wonder if my Quarq was reading lowish.

Hercules Time Trial? I did that today too! Pretty cool weaving in and out of the planes at the start.

1) 326W
2) 23.1mph
3) 21 miles
4) 6', 207 lbs
5) Alu P3, Zip404 front, A23 Powertap rear, Giro Advantage, Jersey / Bibs
6) 5-10 mph crosswind, flat. Hugely disappointed in speed. Turns out, the rear brake mounting bolt broke (probably off start ramp?) and my rear brake was rubbing to the point that if you spun the wheel , it would stop within 1 RPM.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [BBB1975] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BBB1975 wrote:
jbank wrote:
Hercules Time Trial? I did that today too! Pretty cool weaving in and out of the planes at the start.

1) 326W
2) 23.1mph
3) 21 miles
4) 6', 207 lbs
5) Alu P3, Zip404 front, A23 Powertap rear, Giro Advantage, Jersey / Bibs
6) 5-10 mph crosswind, flat. Hugely disappointed in speed. Turns out, the rear brake mounting bolt broke (probably off start ramp?) and my rear brake was rubbing to the point that if you spun the wheel , it would stop within 1 RPM.

Dude, that sucks. I saw your power and speed and thought WTF?

My effort from today, pretty disappointing but it's still early.

1)233
2)25.8
3)21
4)5'6" 137lbs
5)2011 DA, Jet 9 & Jet Disc
6)Legs are kind of toast right now.
7)Not really Aero but it is a cool pic

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [BBB1975] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, Hercule Time Trial. It was definitely a cool place. Sucks to hear about your equipment issue. I didn't get any pictures of myself in the C-130 :(
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Stalkan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it seems like road surface is more important thanmany of the other things being asked....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
season opener for me, Paper Discovery Duathlon, Neenah WI...rain started halfway thru bike and thunder was rolling as I hit 2nd run with some numb tootsies

1) 236AP, 241NP
2) 24mph
3) 19mi
4) 151lbs
5) Speed Concept team edition (early prototype..the one with the custom CNC stems), Aeolus 7 D3 clincher front with R3plus tire, Aeolus 6.5 rear with PT and wheelcover taped on, same rubber.
6) Actually, pretty happy with the results, 51F, 10mph crosswinds and rain, flat but for a couple hwy overpasses
7) Hate it when this happens,

For those who think the run splits are important for context, 2mi each, 12:30 and 13:30 or thereabouts...pretty much what I expected at this point in the season. Road surface varied from glass smooth asphalt to typical tertiary WI backroads...paved, but not so you'd notice :-)

ETA: pix links, as promised. Blocker-fest out there.

Carl Matson
Last edited by: Carl: May 7, 12 6:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Galveston 70.3 (71.3)

1) 171 (AP) 173 (NP)
2) 20.8 MPH
3) 57 miles
4) 200 lbs
5) Speed Concept 9 w/ Zipp 404 (non FC) w/ wheel cover.
6) First 70.3, I was being a pussy

Panabax

We’ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true.—Robert Wilensky
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [paulthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and ambient temp, affect on air density and rolling resistance, ugh, pushed 22 more watts today than on same road section as last fall today, only went 2 sec faster for the 12mi.

SIngle Bong 20k (12mi in reality)
24:27 (29.4 mph)
347w
full aero
56deg, 11mph wind gust to 15( made tailwind section 33.4mph and headwind section 27.1mph on a rectangular course)

happy with the watts, as 3 days ago, i could only muster 330w for 9.4 miles after 7days of recovery from a major overreaching month of April.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) 154 watts
2) 20.7 mph
3) 56 miles
4) 170 lbs
5) Qroo cd01, SRAM s60 front, Wheelbuilder disk cover rear
6) pancake flat course
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Rover24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) 276 watts
2) 25.3 mph
3) 24 miles
4) 162 lbs + ~ 20 pounds bike and kit
5) 2006 Orbea Orca, 90mm front, disc rear
6) Out and back several corners, rolling hills before and after turnaround, crosswinds

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) 216w
2) 19.5mph
3) 54.9mi
4) 160lbs
5) Trek Speed Concept 7.0 with Zipp 404 Firecrest (F&R)
6) Wildflower LC - 2:48:56 bike split
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts
2) Average speed in MPH
3) Distance
4) Rider weight
5) Describe bike and wheels
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero
7) Optional: a picture (or link to a picture) of you in your aero position.

1) 283 avg, 295 Normalized
2) 21.82
3) 7.76km (4.66miles)
4) 198lbs
5) Transition (Large) Mavic ksyrium front wheel/DTswis RR585 rear with gatorskin tires normal tubes, baggy Jersey and Giro Atmos helmet.
6) Very rough pavment, 6.7 km with 25km cross winds, .5km with tal, .5km with head wind. 4 90degree corners
7) do not have one yet.

I will repeat soon in race kit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) 245 w
2) 24.979 mph
3) 20 km
4) 186lbs (9 pounds to go)
5) 2009 59cm 2.0 road handlebars, T2+ aerobars // Easton EC90 Aero
6) Drop isn't as low as I'd like (could use a 56cm frame), dropping a couple pounds wouldn't hurt!

Trying to find that old 60 min / 40k tt split!
http://www.supergosam.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) 245 (251np)
2) 21.2 mph avg
3) 56.05 (rev3 Knoxville half)
4) 150 lbs
5) trek sc 7 series, 808font/zipp 900 disc rear.

Rev3 Knoxville Half

1. 247 (257np)
2. 21.2 mph
3. 56 miles
4. 180 lbs
5. Trek TTX Tri Series 404/808 with latex/Bontrager R4
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [ninesixfour] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) AP 225 / NP 237
2) 23.2 mph
3) 56.5 Miles (rev3 half course)
4) 146 pounds
5) Cervelo P2 w/ 3T Brezza, 45 front/sl+ disc cover rear, advantage 2 helmet, w/ one bottle between aerobars & one bottle on frame, veloflex corsa 22's & vittoria latex tubes

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [teckert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This thread has really helped me fine tune my bike/setup. Figured I would contribute.

1) Average watts 211
2) Average speed in MPH 24mph
3) Distance 13.25 miles TT
4) Rider weight 149 lbs. 5'9"
5) Describe bike and wheels 2009 Felt b16 with Quarq, zipp 900 disc & 808 firecrest w/zipp tires & latex tubes
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero Just came off of being sick for 3 weeks & power was down. Still a rookie lol.

7) Optional: a picture (or link to a picture) of you in your aero position.

http://www.fraserbicycle.com/
Last edited by: PPI: May 22, 12 18:44
Quote Reply

Prev Next