Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) AP 191 / NP 196
2) 21.7 mph
3) 96.3 miles
4) 152 lbs
5) Cervelo P2SL (2006 model ??) zipp 303 front and rear, no disc cover

6) Non-standard format long-distance tri, some rolling hills and windy

1) AP 242 / NP 248
2) 24.85 mph
3) 24.85 miles
4) As above

5) As above
6) Oly on a flat but windy course, 4 laps, 4 x U-turns, crowded course
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1)230W
2)24mph
3)16 miles
4)180lbs.
5)P3 with Jet 60 front and Jet Disc rear
6)local sprint which I thought was fairly flat, but does have some rollers. forgot to mention it was raining like crazy.

"You can quit, and no one will care if you do. But you will know."
~John Collins, Ironman founder

Member HED Mafia
Last edited by: christian1: Aug 25, 11 17:59
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Joe C.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joe C. wrote:

What air density did you assume to calculate the .241 CdA? Were you near sea level?

670m elevation, 1.155 kg/m^3 density

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Last edited by: MOP_Mike: Aug 25, 11 18:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) 256 watts (zeros included)
2) 41.3 km/h (25.7mph)
3) 38.4 km (23.9miles)
4) 172lb (78kg)
5) Cervelo P2, Jet 90 front, wheel cover on back.

Last edited by: beston: Aug 25, 11 17:57
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [MOP_Mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Makes sense. Thanks.

-------
Joe

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

1) 303 watts
2) 26.7 mph
3) 10.25 mile TT (rolling hills)
4) 157 lbs
5) P3 SL, Hed Jet90 front 19 Veloflex record clincher/latex, Zipp 404 rear with cover over PT, Zipp tangente 23/latex
6) skinsuit, Giro Selector, 92 degrees

Quote | Reply
IMLP

1) 241
2) 22.3
3) 56
4) 170 lbs / 77 kg
5) Cervelo P3, Zipp 808 rear / 404 front, Specialized TT2 Aero helmet (worked great even in the heat), Quarq Cinqo, Rotor cranks with Q rings

Russian coach recommended that this being my first long course triathlon that I might want to slow it down a bit on the bike ;-)
Had a good run and finish so the advice worked - I still think I could have gone faster on the bike but haven't done this enough to know the limits.

1) 160
2) 19.7
3) 56
4-6) As above

2013 Battenkill - Rock the Ridge 50 - AmZof Chris Gleason Memorial - Rev3 Half - IM Tremblant - SOS - Stone Mill 50
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) 224 watts
2) 40.98km/h
3) 20km TT
4) 148 lbs (I was pretty overweight at the time, I'm usually closer to 140lbs)
5) Borrowed P3 with 404 front, 900 disc (first time on TT bike at that point)

Rolling hills. Had a tailwind and slightly downhill going out for 8km. A headwind and slight uphill coming back for 12km.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) 197AP/212NP/1.08VI
2) 22.0 mph
3) 56.75 miles - 2:30:56
4) 172
5) 2008 P2SL, H3 clincher front with ProRace3, DT Swiss PT w/cover and ProRace3
6) rolling course, no hard climbs but not much flat either. Lazer Tardiz helmet (no visor yet). Stopped once to pull a piece of foam from front wheel and fork.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts: 222; 232NP
2) Average speed: 22.8 mph
3) Distance: 56 miles
4) Rider weight: 148 lbs
5) Describe bike and wheels: P2; HED front w/ 19mm Bonty Race X Lite TT; DT Swiss rear w/ PT hub, wheelcover, and 23 mm Specialized open tubular; Spiuk helmet
6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero: Lake Stevens 70.3, rolling hills, saved myself for the run ;-)

Mike Sparks

I have competed well, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
Last edited by: Sparks: Aug 25, 11 18:53
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Nickwisdom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A lot like you! Also from Timberman. Training for Kona with NO taper and coming off the biggest week of the build so far:

1) Avg watts 173W, NP was 185
2) Avg speed 20.7 MPH
3) Distance 56 miles
4) Rider weight 139 lbs
5) Parlee TT, Zipp 606 wheels, Zipp Tangete tires, SRM Power Control 7, Spiuk Aero Helmet
6) Did this with a NEGATIVE SPLIT! Always like that!
7) Overall result was 3 mins slower than last year (which was an A race with a full taper) as a B race with no taper, hot & humid, and an identical run to last year (when it was an A race). Not too bad for a B race! Age is 52 years young!
Last edited by: tritiger: Aug 25, 11 19:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mind adding the best fit line?
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [GregT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GregT wrote:
Mind adding the best fit line?

I wanted to do that, as well as do a log scale for MPH as was suggested, but google docs doesn't seem to support either.

The raw data is in the link in the first post (it will keep changing as I update it), so if anyone wants to play more with the data, please feel free!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks.

But I thought google could do everything :)
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [GregT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK I did it in excel and put the image in the first post
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks!

Quick eyeball takes:

30w gets your roughly 1 mph.
There is a 50-100w spread at a given mph.
The efficient points outnumber the inefficient at the moment (n=27).

This is a really fun thread. Makes me wish I had a pm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) 217 watts
2) 23 mph
3) 19 mi
4) 155 lbs
5) P3C, 808/808+cover/pt, Spec TT2 helmet.
6) Misc notes: constantly rolling course
'Excuses': Continental Competitions bald from trainer usage.
Fun facts: Was "that guy" everyone makes fun for screwing up the mount in T1. Very embarrassing.
7) Picture: Self-fit, non-turtling: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...22853-large_bike.jpg
Last edited by: AwesomePossum: Aug 26, 11 12:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What exactly do you think your analysis is showing?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"The efficient points outnumber the inefficient at the moment (n=27). "

How are you defining efficiency? My point is 253 watts/20 mph...are you counting me as inefficient?

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. No power meter :(
2. 23.8mph
3. 21.7miles rolling hills (Duathlon course)
4. 225lbs :) yep, heavy by race standards...
5. 2010 Orbea Ordu, Zipp 808 clinchers w/Conti GP4000's, Aero Mount bottle + downtube bottle mount, Skinsuit, Gray Aerohelmet, Speedplays, Adamo Road Saddle

Damn I wish I had a power meter to play this game :)
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [tritrainer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last two races:

Bike split from Duathlon:

15mi
292W
25.2mph

OLY split:
246W
1:02:21
23.96mph

Both on Kuota kalibur, disc cover and box rim front both with standard tubes and bontrager race x lite AC

... NOT the best cda. haha

Quote | Reply
1) 358W
2) 21.7 km/h (13.5 mph)
3) 8.8 km (5.5 miles)
4) 70 kg (154 lbs)
5) Road bike, Mavic CXP 33, no aero helmet
6) Was a hill climb ;)

Last edited by: Matafan: Aug 25, 11 23:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Average power 252 watts
Average speed 28.91 mph
Distance 10 miles
Weight 145 lb
Bike Nosecone Shiv, Rolf wheels(Zipp 900 disc Zipp 404 12 spoke front) Vittoria chrono evo cs 20's front and rear
Very happy with my bike fit and I run the Shiv with no spacers up front. Fast out and back course.
Last edited by: curly: Aug 26, 11 0:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

1. Average Power: 232 watts (NP 242 watts)
2. Average Speed: 37.3 kph (23.2 mph)
3. Distance: 90.287 km (56.1 miles)
4. Rider weight: 65 kg (145.2 lb)
5. Felt 2010 DA with Zipp tubular 404 front & 1080 rear
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Inefficiency is relative to the other datapts, simply above the linear best fit line. As has been noted earlier, the linear equation might not be the most appropriate.

There are obviously a bunch of factors that analysis doesn't include, e.g. Hilliness,, rider weight, rider equipment, etc. Much of that data is available, it's just not in the 2 variable graph I was looking at and I am too lazy to dig in deeper, hence the "quick eyeball take."

I do appreciate the OP's vision for this thread. It's fun and interesting, without being overly concerned about every possible detail.
Last edited by: GregT: Aug 26, 11 2:13
Quote Reply

Prev Next