Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) 170w
2) 23.8 mph
3) 25.7 miles
4) 150 lb
5) cd0.1, hed 9/disc powertap, ventus, catlike chrono w visor
6) chicago tri. flat course with four turnarounds.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigerpaws wrote:
AHare wrote:
Strava loop:
1. Avg Watts - 353
2. Avg Speed - 25.6 MPH
3. Distance - 8 miles
4. Rider Weight - 175 lbs, 6'1"
5. Bike - Felt B12, training wheels, gatorskins.

Holy smokes dude. I'm your weight and height we are spitting images. I'm not knocking....jealous more like of your wattage that is large. How are you only getting 25.6 though with that kind of power? I have a good, but not astonishing position on a 6 year old QR and get that on 275ish. Wired PT that I borrow with Rubino tire/Alex DC front when I occasionally to test outdoors and PowerPilot at home are almost identical numbers. If my pathetic engine could drop 353 watts I would have a boner for months.

how is that posible? brakes on? pulling wike?
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Carl L] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl L wrote:
tigerpaws wrote:
AHare wrote:
Strava loop:
1. Avg Watts - 353
2. Avg Speed - 25.6 MPH
3. Distance - 8 miles
4. Rider Weight - 175 lbs, 6'1"
5. Bike - Felt B12, training wheels, gatorskins.

Holy smokes dude. I'm your weight and height we are spitting images. I'm not knocking....jealous more like of your wattage that is large. How are you only getting 25.6 though with that kind of power? I have a good, but not astonishing position on a 6 year old QR and get that on 275ish. Wired PT that I borrow with Rubino tire/Alex DC front when I occasionally to test outdoors and PowerPilot at home are almost identical numbers. If my pathetic engine could drop 353 watts I would have a boner for months.

how is that posible? brakes on? pulling wike?

Carl, I hope you realize he's "only" putting that out for 8 miles or 18:45. That's less than a standard FTP test. It is still very solid, but it was not for a 40k or 56mile. What's impressive is that he did that speed on training wheels and gatorskins!

Quote | Reply
Fort Desoto Time Trial Series- St. Pete, FL

1) Average watts: 335
2) Average speed in MPH: 27.8
3) Distance: 15 K out and back on barrier island L shape island
4) Rider weight: 192
5) Describe bike and wheels: Cervelo P4, Renn 555, 808 (non fc) front, tight jersey, rudy wingspan

6) Misc notes, to whine and make excuses for your lack of power and/or lack of aero: pretty happy...been trying to break 20 minutes on the course and just missed it by 6 seconds this month. Tricky winds always make it interesting. Pulled down a 4th overall so I'm pretty happy considering I'm the triathlete amongst a mostly pure cyclist field.

7) Optional: a picture (or link to a picture) of you in your aero position

John F. Ambrozic III
H & A Racing

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) 243 (powertap)
2) MPH 24.8
3) 25 miles
4) 89KGs (196 lbs, 6'4" 194cm, swimmers shoulders)
5) Argon 18 E114, cosmic carbone front & rear (50mm)
6) fast / flat(ish) course but windy today
7)
http://app.strava.com/rides/22010700
Not a race - just a TT by self.
Last edited by: big_vern: Sep 15, 12 10:17
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [astig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
astig wrote:
1) 170w
2) 23.8 mph
3) 25.7 miles
4) 150 lb
5) cd0.1, hed 9/disc powertap, ventus, catlike chrono w visor
6) chicago tri. flat course with four turnarounds.

Damn, that's close to my power/weight but I only end up with about 19.4 mph. Obviously I need to spend more money.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Aqua Man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) 150W NP
2) 17.3 mph
3) 112miles at IMC
4) About 155-160lb
5) Felt B16, PT wheel with disc cover, Felt TTR2 in the front.
6) 6:30 bike split at IMC, perfect weather, little to no wind, got a yellow card for peeing on the side of the road.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) Average watts: 248W NP
2) Average speed in MPH: 24.1
3) Distance: HIM
4) Rider weight: 77kg
5) Describe bike and wheels: 2012 Shiv with Zipp 404 FC. Conti GP4000 on rear, Vittoria Evo Corsa CX front, both with latex tubes
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [farmboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
farmboy wrote:
1) Average watts: 298/313 normalized
2) Average speed: 26.4
3) Distance: 56.1 (HIM)
4) Rider weight: 198 lbs.
5) Describe bike and wheels: Generic Chinese TT frame; hand-built PT rear wheel with wheel cover and Vittoria EVO CX clincher and hand-built 88mm generic clincher front with Zipp Tangente
6) Misc notes: Rolling course with generally good road surfaces

What hell! You held that ave for 56.1mi?

Your the man if so...WOW!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) 200 watts
2) 22.9 mph
3) 24.9 miles
4) 70kg
5) 2011 Trek Speed Concept 9.9, Medium, stock aerobars
10mm offset seatpost head in forward position
10/100 stem
Zipp 808FC front/rear with wheelcover on rear
Bontrager R4 aero tires
Bontrager latex tubes
2 standard water bottles on frame
Bell Javelin helmet with visor
6) This was at the Malibu race on Saturday. I had to slow down a lot in the first and last mile due to speed bumps, narrow course, and lots of traffic. I think I could have averaged 5-10 Watts more pretty easily had the course not had this feature. Looks like around 900 feet of elevation gain/loss on an out-and-back course. Great race if you've never done it.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/224064128
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Boulder 70.3

25.1 mph
212 watts NP
142 lbs
2011 Specialized Transition
Hed Jet disc with Hed H3D Trispoke
LG Vorttice Helmet