Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, SLX, and CF [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
You should probably be using 155mm cranks.
Why? I turn over at 85-90rpm, while comfortably pushing my appropriate power.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, SLX, and CF [PB4WEGO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:

Ianpeace

Thank you for the background and history on what and where Pad-X and Pad-Y come from. Very intresting.

I'll take a stab at figuring out my pad-X and pad-Y from my old bike. If you are up for it I'll also ask you to take a stab at it. I figure getting 2 data points is significantly better than one.

My information:
Hight - 75in
Inseam - 34in
Oddities: none - pretty standard athletic build body

PB4WEGO,
I think your Pad Y should be in the neighborhood of 690mm and your Pad X should be ~ 505. If you were to get the...

Canyon Speedmax CF (this is the "mortal bike" with a pretty normal stem on it) it would be the size Large with the 90mm stem that comes stock on that bike. This will give you room to up/down/fore/aft quite a bit to find your pefect spot. I thought - based on your height - that the XL might work too (and while it does in the Pad X) that size bottom's out at 690 so I worry that if you want to go lower (or I estimated too high in the Y) you won't be able to get down there.

Canyon Speedmax SLX (this is the "super bike" and this prescription is the same for the CFR model) size XL with the short stem, mid spacer, and medium extensions. You'll have lots of room to go up and down and shorter it cockpit but not a lot longer with this hardware. If you needed more cockpit than my guess of 505 would give then I want you to either get the long stem or the angle spacer from Rad Sport (which would give you some tilt as well).

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Last edited by: ianpeace: Aug 20, 23 15:00
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, SLX, and CF [ThatDudeInPink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
I'll see what you say vs my bike fitter cuz I'm genuinely curious....

Armpad stack: 727mm
Armpad reach: 413mm
Saddle height: 773mm
Saddle setback: -36mm
Armpad width: 253mm
170mm cranks (spin to win lol)

ThatDudeInPink,

which Speedmax? CF or SLX/CFR?

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, SLX, and CF [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:
Quote:

ThatDudeInPink,

which Speedmax? CF or SLX/CFR?

Ian
ma bad. CF SLX 8.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, SLX, and CF [ThatDudeInPink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:

ThatDudeInPink,

I want start by imediatly answering your question: with a Pad Y of 727 and a Pad X of 413 the right Canyon Speedmax SLX does not exist, in fact there are few bikes built that will acheive those coordinates. You have the Y of a XL and the X of a Small. To get an idea of what an extreme outlier these numbers are plot your spot (727/413) on this graph. I want to help resolve this for many reason not the least of which is my own edification so please, stay with me on this...

I'm guessing there might be a typo in the Pad Y and Pad X - so let's start there, could you double check. My second approach to troubleshooting this: it seems like (just a feeling) that you own a tri bike right now and the assumption is that you're riding in a position you like and want to duplicate that on a modern bike so I'd ask you to confirm your coordinates with this method:

Lastly... could I ask you to reply here with your overall height and inseam?

Eager to solve/learn,

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, SLX, and CF [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those are directly from my Retul bike fit. Inseam 33. Height 6ft. I’m checking again and yep… arm pad stack 727. Measured from the bottom bracket to vertical to top of arm pad. Arm pad reach 413. Measured from bottom bracket to horizontal back of arm pad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ian,
Probably getting a Speedmax CF SLX (from Canyon Canada), as they have a color I actually like--just not in stock so I may be waiting some time. I am right smack in the middle of a SMALL frame. Reading the thread on fit..you suggest:

1) Flat bar
2) Medium stem
3) What crank length--? I'm on 165's now...

Are there any other options you are aware of at time of ordering?

Measurements: 176.53 cm tall..
inseam is 81.28...s
Handlebar Reach: 461 mm
Handlebar drop: -155 mm
Arm Pad Reach: 418 mm
Arm Pad Drop: -82 mm
Grip Reach: 811 mm
Arm pad to Grip Reach: 392 mm
Pad width: 193 mm
Handlebar stack: 573 mm
Handlebar stack: 491 mm

I'm currently on Cervelo P3 2010 model size 56 cm. Even Canyon says order a size down from what you normally would & talked to them with inseam & height measurements this past week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote:

ThatDudeInPink,

I want start by imediatly answering your question: with a Pad Y of 727 and a Pad X of 413 the right Canyon Speedmax SLX does not exist, in fact there are few bikes built that will acheive those coordinates. You have the Y of a XL and the X of a Small. To get an idea of what an extreme outlier these numbers are plot your spot (727/413) on this graph. I want to help resolve this for many reason not the least of which is my own edification so please, stay with me on this...
Ian

Those are directly from my Retul bike fit. Inseam 33. Height 6ft. I’m checking again and yep… arm pad stack 727. Measured from the bottom bracket to vertical to top of arm pad. Arm pad reach 413. Measured from bottom bracket to horizontal back of arm pad.

ThatDudeInPink,
If you had come here and said something like "never owned a tri bike, I'm 6' tall and have a 33" inseam wadda ya got" I would have said... you're Pad Y is going to be in the neighborhood of 660 and your Pad X would ~470 - and keep in mind, that ARTICLE I referenced would still have you a bit "short and tall" in your coordinates but it's logical because you're kinda leggy for your height- as am I, as are many and when your legs are a bit longer and your torso a bit shorter you get a good position and one where the pads in that spot.

So now we're back to why are you riding at 727/413. It's unusual and so worth the exploration. I can think of a few posibilities:
1) You have 4-6 verterbrea that are fused in your lumbar area.
2) You were fit to a road bike with a road saddle and clip-on aerobars
3) You were fit to a tri bike with a road saddle and the seat angle is very shallow
4) You cannot apporach anything even close to the front of the saddle and by sliding back for comfort it kept you from getting longer/lower

Are any of those possible?

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:

Quote:

Ianpeace

Thank you for the background and history on what and where Pad-X and Pad-Y come from. Very intresting.

I'll take a stab at figuring out my pad-X and pad-Y from my old bike. If you are up for it I'll also ask you to take a stab at it. I figure getting 2 data points is significantly better than one.

My information:
Hight - 75in
Inseam - 34in
Oddities: none - pretty standard athletic build body

PB4WEGO,
I think your Pad Y should be in the neighborhood of 690mm and your Pad X should be ~ 505. If you were to get the...

Canyon Speedmax CF (this is the "mortal bike" with a pretty normal stem on it) it would be the size Large with the 90mm stem that comes stock on that bike. This will give you room to up/down/fore/aft quite a bit to find your pefect spot. I thought - based on your height - that the XL might work too (and while it does in the Pad X) that size bottom's out at 690 so I worry that if you want to go lower (or I estimated too high in the Y) you won't be able to get down there.

Canyon Speedmax SLX (this is the "super bike" and this prescription is the same for the CFR model) size XL with the short stem, mid spacer, and medium extensions. You'll have lots of room to go up and down and shorter it cockpit but not a lot longer with this hardware. If you needed more cockpit than my guess of 505 would give then I want you to either get the long stem or the angle spacer from Rad Sport (which would give you some tilt as well).

Ian

Ianpeace,

Thank You! Thank You! Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to help out and educate. In just 3 posts you saved me hours if researching from questionable sources online which would still leave me confused. Thank you for all you do.

As a personal preference as much I want the super bike I'll stick to the bike for mortals (CF).

Training to get slow slower

https://www.strava.com/athletes/21210645
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:

Quote:

ThatDudeInPink,

Ian

ThatDudeInPink,
If you had come here and said something like "never owned a tri bike, I'm 6' tall and have a 33" inseam wadda ya got" I would have said... you're Pad Y is going to be in the neighborhood of 660 and your Pad X would ~470 - and keep in mind, that ARTICLE I referenced would still have you a bit "short and tall" in your coordinates but it's logical because you're kinda leggy for your height- as am I, as are many and when your legs are a bit longer and your torso a bit shorter you get a good position and one where the pads in that spot.

So now we're back to why are you riding at 727/413. It's unusual and so worth the exploration. I can think of a few posibilities:
1) You have 4-6 verterbrea that are fused in your lumbar area.
2) You were fit to a road bike with a road saddle and clip-on aerobars
3) You were fit to a tri bike with a road saddle and the seat angle is very shallow
4) You cannot apporach anything even close to the front of the saddle and by sliding back for comfort it kept you from getting longer/lower

Are any of those possible?

Ian

1.) nope. back is all natural and non-gmo :-)
2.) I can't stand clip on aero bars, with only 1 exception but that's a convo for a different thread
3.) I ride either an ISM PN 3.1 or Selle Italia Watt saddle as far as triathlon bikes go.
4.) Not necessarily true. My fitter positions me exactly where the saddle is meant to be sat on, and we pressure map all saddles as well.

My fitter was named as part of the Top 15 best fitters in the USA by Triathlete Magazine. Does that mean anything? I dunno, but theres a reason he was mentioned and he isn't the kind of guy to pay for recognition. His fits and comfort speak for themselves. For new bike consultation fits, he uses a Retul fit bike to get the numbers close, then switches over to eyeballs, and rider feedback for the rest. Once finished we take those numbers and look at the different bikes out there, and narrow down which one works and doesn't.

As for what you're indirectly asking, why cant I get lower? Not everyone is going to have a completely flat back. Some riders need to sit up a little more than others until their flexibility increases, which I've been working on mine this year. I played hockey for 25 years and my low back, and certain IT/TFL muscles cause me problems occasionally, mostly running, but affect bike position as well. My fitter and I got these numbers because my previous fit was 5 years ago, and I'm getting a new bike. The goal IS to get lower and more aero throughout the next year and keep progressing, so the stack numbers will definitely be coming down. Anyway, Canyon doesn't fit me. It's all good. My fitter and I looked at the specs and the reach is too much. Appreciate your time Ian.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, SLX, and CF [PB4WEGO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Guys, hi Ian,

I'm about to buy new Speedmax CF SLX and it will be my first tribike. Now I'm riding Specialized Tarmac SL7 with clip-on aero bars, so my Pad X and Pad Y might not help here but let's give it a try.

Pad X - 375 mm
Pad Y - 640 mm
saddle height - 675 mm
height - 170 cm
inseam - 75 cm
forearm - 37 cm

I decided to go with size S and just wondering about stem and extensions length. My bike fitter told me to take everything as longest as possible, so that means long stem 85 mm and the largest extensions. Could you please confirm if that would be a good choice?
Thank you in advance.

Lukasz from Poland.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ian
I was traveling back from a race. evidently the front axle was loose and now is lost. I can't find anywhere on the canyon site a replacement front thru axle for 2022 speedmax cfr. Can you assist?

thx!
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, SLX, and CF [Old lungs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old lungs wrote:
Ian
I was traveling back from a race. evidently the front axle was loose and now is lost. I can't find anywhere on the canyon site a replacement front thru axle for 2022 speedmax cfr. Can you assist?

thx!

It's just a DT Swiss plug 12x100 mm like this:
https://www.bike24.com/p2203174.html
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, SLX, and CF [LukaszP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info. Have you tried that one?

On the Canyon website it says the pitch thread for Speedmax CFR after MY 2021 requires a pitch thread of 1.75 mm which I can't find anywhere as they all seem to be 1.5. Unfortunately I am out of town for the next week so I can look at the part number laser onto the axle. If anyone can look at it and copy down the part number, I can continue my search. The canyon site doesn't even list anything other than what I listed below which is not even in stock.

Copied from Canyon website

Weight: 63 g (rear) / 55 g (front)
Diameter: 12 mm
Installation Width: 142 mm (rear) / 100 mm (front)
Thread pitch: 1.0mm

• Compatible with many Canyon Road, Gravel and Cross models with DT Swiss Disc hubs
  • Attention - not compatible with the new Aeroad, Speedmax (since MY21) and Ultimate (MY23) as it needs a thru-axle with a thread pitch of 1.75mm

ADDENDUM:
Just got a hold of Canyon support. They are awesome and will be sending me a replacement axle. It is 1.75 mm thread pitch which is impossible to find on the internet.
Last edited by: Old lungs: Aug 22, 23 7:53
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, SLX, and CF [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Ian,
Probably getting a Speedmax CF SLX (from Canyon Canada), as they have a color I actually like--just not in stock so I may be waiting some time. I am right smack in the middle of a SMALL frame. Reading the thread on fit..you suggest:

1) Flat bar
2) Medium stem
3) What crank length--? I'm on 165's now...

Are there any other options you are aware of at time of ordering?

Measurements: 176.53 cm tall..
inseam is 81.28...s
Handlebar Reach: 461 mm
Handlebar drop: -155 mm
Arm Pad Reach: 418 mm
Arm Pad Drop: -82 mm
Grip Reach: 811 mm
Arm pad to Grip Reach: 392 mm
Pad width: 193 mm
Handlebar stack: 573 mm
Handlebar stack: 491 mm

I'm currently on Cervelo P3 2010 model size 56 cm. Even Canyon says order a size down from what you normally would & talked to them with inseam & height measurements this past week.

Rocky M,
I want to answer your first question directly. To that end...If you're smack in the middle of a small SLX then get the flat bar, the short stem, and the medium extension. As to crank length...I'm thinking 155s or 160s max: your drop is 82mm and I want your circles to flow. I don't think you can get a 155 (or even a 160) within the order process so you might just take a 165 or whatever comes on the bike and swap 'em out for a shorter crank when the bike arrives.

Now, I want to discuss/confirm the size and we need to do that via Pad Y and Pad X. You've got your Pad X right there in the post: "Arm Pad Reach 418mm". But no Pad Y. I'm betting your Pad Y (aka Arm Pad Stack) is around 625. I'll proceed with that assumption but would like to know if you have that number. If that's the case then, yes the perscription for a Speedmax SLX is a small with the short stem, flat bar, mid spacer, medium extension.

Let me know, Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you really can choose the crank length? In EU there is no such option. Only you can choose the distance and track profile (flat or hilly), but there is no connected information what difference it makes.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, SLX, and CF [LukaszP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hi Guys, hi Ian,

I'm about to buy new Speedmax CF SLX and it will be my first tribike. Now I'm riding Specialized Tarmac SL7 with clip-on aero bars, so my Pad X and Pad Y might not help here but let's give it a try.

Pad X - 375 mm
Pad Y - 640 mm
saddle height - 675 mm
height - 170 cm
inseam - 75 cm
forearm - 37 cm

I decided to go with size S and just wondering about stem and extensions length. My bike fitter told me to take everything as longest as possible, so that means long stem 85 mm and the largest extensions. Could you please confirm if that would be a good choice?
Thank you in advance.

Lukasz,
I can't be precise on the details of your bike without a Pad Y and Pad X and taking them from a road bike with clip-ons won't apply. I think you Pad Y will be in the area of 600mm and your Pad X will be around 450. There are two stem lengths for this bike; short and long and while the long stem does seem appropriate I'm not sure why the long extension would be called for BUT... I'm a guy on another continent from you, at my keyboard and you have a fitter whom I presume has seen you in person- follow your fitters advise in the order.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello,

I'm planning on buying a speedmax cf slx as soon as it's available in the market. And I'm confused about the sizing.

I apparently sit on between size S and M.
I'm 178 cm tall with 83 cm inseam. and with that the recommendation is size S for the CF SLX. But M for The CF SL.

I have a canyon endurace in Size S, as I fit both S/M.

I'm currently riding an old BMC Timemachine road which I retrofitted for triathlon by swapping the cockpit to triathlon cockpit. Frame size is 56

Since I'm right in between frame size S and M for the speedmax cf slx, should I go up for M or stick to the recommend size S?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, SLX, and CF [ismail.aldwoudy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello,
I'm planning on buying a speedmax cf slx as soon as it's available in the market. And I'm confused about the sizing.
I'm 178 cm tall with 83 cm inseam. and with that the recommendation is size S for the CF SLX. But M for The CF SL.
I'm currently riding an old BMC Timemachine road which I retrofitted for triathlon by swapping the cockpit to triathlon cockpit. Frame size is 56
Since I'm right in between frame size S and M for the speedmax cf slx, should I go up for M or stick to the recommend size S?
Thanks

ismail,
Super common for someone to be able to fit on two different size bikes. But in this case it must be said that the SLX and the CF are different bikes - both excellent but with different geometry and different front ends that have indivudal limitations in their adjustability. Based on what you've given me here (fairly long legs for your height) I suspect your Pad Y is ~640 and your Pad X is ~455

For the Speedmax SLX (or CFR, same geometry).... you're a size Medium with the short cockpit (read: stem), mid spacer, and medium extension. The bike will arrive with a box of goodies that include different spacers, wedges, and bolts that will allow you to adjust the aerobar height and add tilt if you want. The bike typically ships with the mid spacer and if I'm right about the 455 Pad X measurment then the mid spacer will work for you but you'll have all the tid-bits to make changes if need be. If you decide to get the CF you are a size Small in that bike and the 70mm stem that comes stock should work well for you.

I want to make one more note about this... your position on this tri bike will be different from what you've known on the retro fitted BMC and a far superiror tool for triathlon. The seat angle will be steeper with your hips nearly sitting atop the bottom bracket. There will be more weight on the front end and the cockpit will very likely be shorter so that your upper body weight sits on your humerus bones like a piller. It's fast, more comfortable to hold the aero position, and that's everything we want in a tri bike.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:
Hello,
Thanks

ismail,
Super common for someone to be able to fit on two different size bikes. But in this case it must be said that the SLX and the CF are different bikes - both excellent but with different geometry and different front ends that have indivudal limitations in their adjustability. Based on what you've given me here (fairly long legs for your height) I suspect your Pad Y is ~640 and your Pad X is ~455

For the Speedmax SLX (or CFR, same geometry).... you're a size Medium with the short cockpit (read: stem), mid spacer, and medium extension. The bike will arrive with a box of goodies that include different spacers, wedges, and bolts that will allow you to adjust the aerobar height and add tilt if you want. The bike typically ships with the mid spacer and if I'm right about the 455 Pad X measurment then the mid spacer will work for you but you'll have all the tid-bits to make changes if need be. If you decide to get the CF you are a size Small in that bike and the 70mm stem that comes stock should work well for you.

I want to make one more note about this... your position on this tri bike will be different from what you've known on the retro fitted BMC and a far superiror tool for triathlon. The seat angle will be steeper with your hips nearly sitting atop the bottom bracket. There will be more weight on the front end and the cockpit will very likely be shorter so that your upper body weight sits on your humerus bones like a piller. It's fast, more comfortable to hold the aero position, and that's everything we want in a tri bike.

Ian

Ian, thanks a lot for the precious details.
I haven't done a proper bike fit for my current bike because it's only temporary solution until I'm able to buy a proper triathlon bike.

Today I have a bike sizing session that should also help me take the measurements more accurately.

I'm definitely not very comfortable with my current position on a road seatpost and can barely sustain it for a middle distance, even after moving the saddle as far forward as I could. Which I'm hoping to fix with the speedmax as soon as I can get my hands on it 😅
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, SLX, and CF [ismail.aldwoudy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
Hello,
Thanks

ismail,

Ian

Ian, thanks a lot for the precious details.
I haven't done a proper bike fit for my current bike because it's only temporary solution until I'm able to buy a proper triathlon bike.

Today I have a bike sizing session that should also help me take the measurements more accurately.

I'm definitely not very comfortable with my current position on a road seatpost and can barely sustain it for a middle distance, even after moving the saddle as far forward as I could. Which I'm hoping to fix with the speedmax as soon as I can get my hands on it 😅

ismail,
I worry about a "bike sizing session". I worry about what that means, what it costs, and what it's value is. I am, however, confident in a service that's out there and I wish all athletes would seek it out before buying any modern bike but especially a tri bike. That service is a prescriptive bike fit on a dynamic fit bike. It has to be done by a fitter who's educated in triathlon fitting, experienced in triathlon fitting and done on a dyanmic fit bike - it's a bike that can be adjusted while you ride and when finished you'll walk away with two sets of numbers. One of those sets is your Pad Y and Pad X and we use those to ID the size of bike and the exact details of the front end (stem length, spacer height, pad mount location, etc). The other set of numbers you have are all your fit coordinates: seat height, set back, cockpit distance, extension length, pad width, saddle tilt, etc. etc.. Your bike fit is finished before you've even ordered the bike. Only committed, professional fitters have dynamic fit bikes (they're expensive) but I know of no other tool that allows a pre-scriptive fit to be accomplished. On the other hand I know of dozens of other methods of making educated guesses as to someones Pad Y and Pad X. It's what I've done here to get to 640/455. What I would love more than anything is for you to find a fitter who's experienced, educated, and has a dynamic fit bike and then come back to me here with your confirmed Pad Y and Pad X so we can compare it to my estimate.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian,

Considering buying my first tri bike and these are my measurements:

Length 172
Inseam 85
Saddle height 77.1
Pad reach 43.0
Pad stack 63.5
(Stack and reach measured to the back of the pads)
Crank length 165
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, SLX, and CF [Fresh79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
Fresh79,

Sorry to leave you hanging. Taking all of your input into consideration - and between the fit sheet, desire to prioritize comfort (respect!), etc., here's my thinking on the right Canyon Speedmax SLX for you. I think your Pad Y is ~675mm and your Pad X is calculated at 473 but I think you'd be happier at 490-500 (more on that in a sec). So... size large, flat bar, medium extension, and mid spacer- all that of that is certain.

Now let's get into the nitty girtty...
If you're ordering in the USA the bike will come with the short stem, flat bar and medium extension and you can't change that in the order process. If you're ordering in EU then I think you can specify what you want on the bike within the purchase process. The short stem will max out Pad X at ~483. You're currently at 473, I think you might go longer so 483 gets you 10mm more. If you go the long stem the range would be 450-505.

So if you're in the USA take the bike stock and if you want to go longer later get the Rad Sport tilt/extension thing. If you're in Europe get the long stem. No matter where you are get the flat bar and medium extension.

The bike comes with a box of spacers and bolts to detail the aerbar height. In the USA it'll come with the mid spacer and I think that'll be right for you but if you want to tweak the pad height it's easy to do and you'll have all the bits to do it.

Ian

Thanks again Ian! Love your work. Just a final question re the extension / stem measurements... my forearm measures 36cm from tip of elbow to centre of palm and 50cm from tip of elbow to end of my longest finger... do these values alter your view of the extension / stem lengths?

I am based in Australia, and to the best of my knowledge Canyon allows for some modification of the cockpit, i.e. I can choose a riser bar and short, medium, long extension lengths.

Paul,
This is good for me to know that Australia, like Europe, will let you build as you purchase. So get a size Large, get the long stem, flat bar, medium extension. If they let you choose which spacer sits under the aerobars get the mid one but I'm assuming that'll come stock with other pieces as options in the box.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian,

I'm about to pull the trigger on a Speedmax CF 7. I'm 6'1 with a 34" inseam.

Canyon is putting me on a Medium. Just wanted to confirm it was the right size

What would be your guess on Pad X & Pad Y based on my measurements.

Is Pad Y measured to the back or center of the Pads?

Thank you very much for all the assistance you provide in here
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:

Paul,
This is good for me to know that Australia, like Europe, will let you build as you purchase. So get a size Large, get the long stem, flat bar, medium extension. If they let you choose which spacer sits under the aerobars get the mid one but I'm assuming that'll come stock with other pieces as options in the box.

Ian

Thanks again Ian!
Quote Reply

Prev Next