Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Definitely deserved after all his bold but mostly frustrating work in the TdF.

Cyclingnews article suggests that Alaphilippe was sandbagging it a bit in the TdF:

Quote:
Alaphilippe won stage 2 of this year's Tour de France and spent three days in yellow, but by the final week, it was clear that his mind was drifting towards Imola. He produced cameos in support of Sam Bennett, infiltrated breaks and made attacks, but he was also careful to sit up and conserve his energy every time his day's work was done.
"I tried to do my best for the team, but I was always focused on the Worlds," Alaphilippe admitted.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
Quote:
Definitely deserved after all his bold but mostly frustrating work in the TdF.

Cyclingnews article suggests that Alaphilippe was sandbagging it a bit in the TdF:

Quote:

Alaphilippe won stage 2 of this year's Tour de France and spent three days in yellow, but by the final week, it was clear that his mind was drifting towards Imola. He produced cameos in support of Sam Bennett, infiltrated breaks and made attacks, but he was also careful to sit up and conserve his energy every time his day's work was done.
"I tried to do my best for the team, but I was always focused on the Worlds," Alaphilippe admitted.

I'd call that super smart and his ride in worlds was reminiscent of Sagan, 2015. He hid very well.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn...Tomorrow's TT and Friday's Stage of BinckBank Tour Cancelled due to worsening Coronavirus situation in the Netherlands...

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/dutch-binckbank-tour-stages-cancelled-due-to-coronavirus-surge/

Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [RKW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RKW wrote:
Damn...Tomorrow's TT and Friday's Stage of BinckBank Tour Cancelled due to worsening Coronavirus situation in the Netherlands...

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/dutch-binckbank-tour-stages-cancelled-due-to-coronavirus-surge/

Oh man...

I guess this was coming. We should count our lucky starts that we have had quite a bit of cycling to enjoy...
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm shocked the tour made it to Paris, so to get a world championships to watch was just gravy...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hard to watch this DQS kid bobbing and weaving on the bike, don't know if he can stay away - Uran hunting him down
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uphill sprint? Woods. Lets go.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
all back - its on
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Close but no cigar. Hirshi is a killer who has some amazing form.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hirschi needs to work on his victory salute, looks like he’ll be using it regularly. He looks like a 10-year pro, perfectly positioned and patient in finale.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
your feed must be a little ahead of US feed
Hirshi is just 22 !!
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
heyMartin wrote:
all back - its on

Hirschi is a badass. I don't remember if it was McNulty, Spackler, Trail or Ecchapist, but I remember one of you touting him last year or before as a rider who's skills would absolutely transfer to the pro peloton. He sure as hell has proven his pedigree. Chapeau
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
heyMartin wrote:
your feed must be a little ahead of US feed
Hirshi is just 22 !!

Sorry for the spoilers. We came to Belgium a day ago from France so coverage is probably a bit quicker. We should be here for a weeks before heading for the isles.

For some reason I though you were in the EU too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
heyMartin wrote:
all back - its on

Hirschi is a badass. I don't remember if it was McNulty, Spackler, Trail or Ecchapist, but I remember one of you touting him last year or before as a rider who's skills would absolutely transfer to the pro peloton. He sure as hell has proven his pedigree. Chapeau

Sorry lads, I know that tooting my own horn is a bad look, but I think I was the first to mention him, back before Amstel in 2019

echappist wrote:
there's some discrepancies re: whether Mohoric will start. Official start list says yes; two other sources say no. I'm leaning toward mouth of the horse, but this is a bit odd

As for my picks

M vdP Alaphilippe Matthews
Impey Cobrelli

Hirschi to find a pot of gold

Okay, I'll go commit ritual self-flagellation for this bit of boastful impertinence
Last edited by: echappist: Sep 30, 20 8:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RKW wrote:
I'm shocked the tour made it to Paris, so to get a world championships to watch was just gravy...

Damn, no Amstel either...

M vdP should pull out and do Liege...

https://www.cyclingnews.com/...avirus-restrictions/
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
turdburgler wrote:
heyMartin wrote:
all back - its on

Sorry lads, I know that tooting my own horn is a bad look, but I think I was the first to mention him, back before Amstel in 2019

echappist wrote:
there's some discrepancies re: whether Mohoric will start. Official start list says yes; two other sources say no. I'm leaning toward mouth of the horse, but this is a bit odd

As for my picks

M vdP Alaphilippe Matthews
Impey Cobrelli

Hirschi to find a pot of gold

Okay, I'll go commit ritual self-flagellation for this bit of boastful impertinence

lol no need for that. You have a keen eye.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:

Hirschi is a badass. I don't remember if it was McNulty, Spackler, Trail or Ecchapist,

Unfortunately wasn't me, but I did call this race! Might be the first classics winner I called correctly in the history of these threads.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've decided today that Anna VdB consistently looks amazing on the bike. So rock solid physically and great positions on her road and TT bike. When I grow up I want that posture and steadiness on my bikes too. :)

She has the de Vlaeminck level of bike badassness that we should all strive for.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
I've decided today that Anna VdB consistently looks amazing on the bike.

Such a contrast to Van Vleuten. :). VdB is a joy to watch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
turdburgler wrote:

Hirschi is a badass. I don't remember if it was McNulty, Spackler, Trail or Ecchapist,

Unfortunately wasn't me, but I did call this race! Might be the first classics winner I called correctly in the history of these threads.

I didn't throw up my own picks because I knew you had them called out well!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
His palmares makes me question, what kind of rider is Hirschi? I think he can go for GC potentially. He is built for the Ardennes too it seems.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
turdburgler wrote:

Is Anna vdB calling it quits after this year? That's what I seem to recall, but can't be sure.

Would certainly make the women's races more open, but there aren't many to match her class
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
His palmares makes me question, what kind of rider is Hirschi? I think he can go for GC potentially. He is built for the Ardennes too it seems.

Yeah, he's intriguing. Maybe similar to Evenepoel in the respect that his career could take a lot of different trajectories.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
trail wrote:
turdburgler wrote:

Is Anna vdB calling it quits after this year? That's what I seem to recall, but can't be sure.

Would certainly make the women's races more open, but there aren't many to match her class

Anna VdB rides 2021, but then calls it quits. https://www.cyclingnews.com/...after-worlds-double/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
trail wrote:
turdburgler wrote:

After next year. She's going to do the Olympics.
Quote Reply

Prev Next